Status: Active, update every few weeks busy with art school so post when I can

To Remember Me Is to Remember Us

007

Zacky looked down at the woman who held his heart in her hands and noticed that her eyes held fear, “Please let me go,” she said.

His face scrunched up not liking how she was afraid of him, “Mena you act like I’m about to kill you or something, but I’m not. I just want to talk,” he told her, but he could tell that she still didn’t believe him.

“I don’t know how you know my name, but please just let us pass,” she begged him.

Looking up from her Zacky looked at her sister with confusion on his face, “What the hell,” he asked, but Kayla just shook her head.

“Just let us pass,” Kayla said trying to get him not to do this now.

“Like hell we’re letting you go,” she heard a voice say and looked to see Matt step towards them. Mena started panicking, “you got a lot to explain Mena and you’re going to explain now,” he shouted causing Zayah to start crying.

Even though he was only 13 months he could feel the tension in the air and he didn’t like it one bit. He wanted to see the loving face he grew to know as his mother, but as he tried to move around in his seat he couldn’t find her which caused him to wail more.

“I don’t know you,” Mena shouted as more of his friends started to yell. She put her hands against her head as she heard them shouting it’s been two years and you don’t know us, how could you do this to Zacky, we were your best friends. A pounding started to go off in her head along with the migraine and she knew she was losing it, “Please,” she started to cry as tears flowed down her face, “I don’t remember you,” she shouted. When that didn’t do anything she turned to her sister who was older than her, “Get the baby out of here.”

Kayla didn’t want to leave her, but she knew that she had to get the baby back home, running the half block down to their place she knocked on a neighbor’s door and asked if they could watch Zayah and to call 911. When the woman agreed Kayla ran back out to help her sister and watched as she struggled to get free from Zacky how had her by both of her arms shaking her. Over everyone’s yelling she could hear her sister screaming, “I’m sorry. I don’t remember you,” over and over again.

As she got closer to her sister she watched in horror as Mena fell from Zacky’s grip and her head made a sickening sound as it hit the concrete, “Oh no, oh no, oh,” was all Kayla could say as she bent down next to her sister and cradled her in her arms, “You bastard what did you do,” she screamed at Zacky.

“Nothing, she didn’t deserve,” he said coldly as he bent down next to Mena as well, “Wake up Mena,” he said roughly as he shook her shoulder. Taking his hand his touched the back of her head and when he pulled it back it was covered in blood, “Oh shit,” he whispered as he realized how bad it really was.

“Not again,” Kayla said and they all looked at her, but she didn’t have time to explain since sirens could be heard and the first of the cop cars where arriving. They needed to get her to a hospital and fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is another little update before I leave. Hope you like it.

Queenie