Status: THANKS FOR THE 10 STARS! Like the new layout? ;]

Going Alone

oo3.

“Hello?” I asked, groggy from my four hours of sleep.

“Mae?”

“Jack, why are you calling me at…” I looked at my alarm clock, “6am?”

“Because no one else is awake.”

“I know, I wasn’t either.” I rolled my eyes, cuddling into my pillow.

“Want to get coffee?”

“Whatever.” I groaned, flipping the blanket off of me, “Meet me at the Starbucks by my work.”

“I’ll see you there in 10!” Jack said happily, hanging up.

I lifted myself off of my bed, walking to my closet and grabbing a pair of skinny jeans and some Uggs, walking into the bathroom and quickly changed, empting my bladder before I slipped my pants on. Looking into the mirror, I was dissatisfied with my hair and pulled it into a high ponytail. I dusted on some foundation and applied some mascara, walking back into my room. I perused my closet, looking for a shirt that would look good with my slight baby bump.

As I was searching for one I drummed on my stomach, “We’re seeing Jack today.”

I found a grey long sleeve v-neck with some embellishment at the top. Slipping it on over my upper-half, I simultaneously walked into the living room, and grabbed my purse.

“Bagel?” I called out, petting him once he came, “I’m going away for now. I’ll be back later.”

He whimpered in response, but I lifted myself up and walked out the door.

------------------

“Can I have a grande Caramel Frapp, no coffee?” I asked, setting a $5 on the counter.

“Sure thing.” The cashier smiled, writing on a clear cup.

“Can I have a Venti Starbucks Doubleshot?” Jack asked, already on some kind of caffeine high.

The cashier nodded and marked the biggest cup, and sent it down the line. Jack and I waited at the pick-up station and once we got our respective drinks, we took a spot by the window.

“Are you sure it’s Alex’s?” Jack asked after taking a sip of his obnoxiously huge drink.

“Are you kidding me?” I laughed, “I’m positive it’s his.”

“Well, he’s just… unsure. He’s doesn’t remember you.”

I should have prepared myself for this, I knew that he wouldn’t and somehow, it still hurt, “It should be expected. He was plastered.”

“Where was this… at?”

“Florida.” I nodded, taking another sip, “It was on your tour, I think.”

“I guess that time frame would work out.” He nodded taking ax extra long sip of his coffee.

“So you guys… watch the tapes I send in?” I asked, suddenly embarrassed.

“Well, at first we thought it was some joke, but we realized that it was real.”

“Uh, so, how did he feel about that?” I ask, swirling the whip cream into my drink.

“To be honest, I think he’s… I’m sorry about this but, he’s in disbelief.”

I gulped and nodded, looking back down to my drink, “Yeah, I was, too.”

“But I promise you,” Jack paused, making my look up at him, “I promise I’ll make him take care of you guys.”

He looked at my stomach and I slowly slid my arms around my stomach, hunching over it protectively, not watching Jack, or anyone to look at it like that. He quickly adverted his eyes, looking out the window.

“Oh shit.” Jack said, taking another short sip, “We need to move.”

“Why?”

“Alex and Zack are coming this way.”

Jack stood up and grabbed my hand, quickly leading me out of the store and around the side of it, out of sight from Alex and Zack. Jack’s phone started ringing and I snuck a glance at Alex. I smiled, he was still as beautiful as ever.

“Hello?” Jack asked, and Alex stopped outside of the doors.

“Bro’, we’re at Starbucks, want anything?” I heard Alex ask.

“Nah, I’m good.” Jack shook his head.

“Alright. Where are you anyway?”

Jack stumbled on his words, “Uh. Where am I?”

“Yeah.”

“Just checkin’ out the babes.” I rolled my eyes.

I saw Alex glance in my direction and I quickly leaned back, taking a hold of Jack’s hand, “We have to go.”

Jack nodded, listening to Alex. I glanced around the corner and saw Alex still staring in my direction. My eyes widened and I pulled up the hood of my winter coat, hoping it would conceal my face. He looked away and then looked back, but by that time I was already walking away from him, hoping that he wouldn’t come after me.

“Look, Alex, I have to go.” Jack said, hanging up and glancing around the corner, waiting for Alex to go in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo.
If you guy read Forbidden Fruit... THANK YOU FOR THE 10 STARS!
And for that, massive updates on that one :]

Oh yeah, comment :]