Status: THANKS FOR THE 10 STARS! Like the new layout? ;]

Going Alone

o33.

It’s been two weeks since Alex walked out. Two weeks since he’s talked to me, two weeks since he’s picked up his phone or answered my texts, two weeks since I’ve seen him. Well, that’s a lie. I saw him in the super market, but he quickly saw me and ran to the closest check out. Jack’s recruited the help of Rian and Zack to get Alex to talk to me, but it’s been no use. Alex is dead set on not talking to me.

“Mae Simms? Can you fill out this questionnaire?” The receptionist asked, handing me a brown clipboard.

I nodded and took the clipboard from her, sitting back down in the uncomfortable chair. I surveyed the waiting room before I started on the forms. It was nearly empty. Empty and smelled of the sea. The walls were a pale grey and there were dark hardwood floors. A few kids scattered the floors, trying to get on the small chairs or play with the toys that were pushed into a corner. I looked down to the piece of paper.

1. Do you have any allergies?

No.

2. Are far are you along in your pregnancy?

---------------------------

“Mae? Dr. Gavin can see you now.”

I stood up from my chair and sort-of waddled to the door that the nurse was holding open for me. She led me to the scale, then to my room. It still had the same dark floors, but I guess the patient rooms had a lighter shade of grey on the walls. I lifted myself on top of the table and sat there, waiting for the doctor to come in. In the mean time, I took out my camera and turned it on.

There was a knock on the door, then it swung open, “Mae? How are you today?”

“I’m good, is it okay if I video tape this?”

“Documenting this wonderful time?” The doctor laughed, “Of course you can.”

He had a nice head of brown hair. It was cut in an obvious doctor fashion, but it looked nice on him. His eyes were similar to Alex’s, which panged at my heart a bit, but were a lighter shade. Dr. Gavin was wearing a white button shirt with a blue tie, which complimented his hair and pants nicely.

“Okay, so, let’s get to it.” Dr. Gavin clapped his hands together after looking over my file.

“Okay.” I smiled, laying down and pulling my shirt up.

----------------------

I left my car running as I ran, somewhat, up to Jack and Alex’s door and left the DVD on their doorstep. I picked up a small pebble and walked about halfway to my car, turned around, and threw it at their door. I ran as fast as I could, careful to not over do it, back to my car and sped off. Instantly, my phone started ringing.

“Hello?”

“Can I have another DVD?” Jack asked, “Alex saw it then smashed it with his Xbox controller.”

“Why is he so mad?” I sighed, hanging a left.

“I don’t know, he hasn’t really talked to me yet.”

“Why is he mad at you?!” I yelled, “What a douche-face!”

“He’s mad because I kissed you.”

“Duh, I got that.” I rolled my eyes, “But shouldn’t he be mad at me? I was the one that made the promise.”

“I’m his best friend, I know better than to mess with his girl.”

I paused, waiting for a light, “I'm his girl?”

“Well, kind of. It’s complicated.”

“I have time.” I said, “You’re on my MyFaves.”

“Ugh, okay. Well you’re pregnant with his kid, so none of his friends can touch you. It’s this unwritten man rule. It’s like if your best friend stole your favorite heel, especially if they cost a lot of money and they don’t make them anymore.”

“I don’t see how that relates.” I said after letting it sink in.

“Gosh.” He sighed, “You’re just untouchable. No one can have you, okay? Alex left his mark on you after whatever you guys did back in Florida. You can only have him, not me or Zack or Rian; just Alex. Got it?”

“That doesn’t seem fair at all!” I whined, merging left.

“That’s how guy code goes.”

“That’s even worse than girl code.”

“Uh, duh.”

“Whatever.” I groaned, “You can come over to my house and pick up a DVD after 6, okay?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's kinda short, but I mean, oh well.
Next update maybe.... wednesday? Or tomorrow, I don't know.

How's it going? Love the comments!