Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Twenty-Two.

I ran across the street and ran into Joe, pulling him into a hug.
"I just about to come see you," Joe said quietly, wrapping his arms around me.
"I know. I saw you, and knew I had to come to you. I'm so sorry about being so weird," I said, looking up at him.
"You don't need to apologize. I know you were kind of just...shocked and stuff. I was just worried if you were okay. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, much better. Macy came to see me and we hung out," I told him.
"That's good, you haven't seen her in a while. Can I have a turn to hang out with you?" Joe smiled, finally, down at me.
I sighed. "Well, you could but...I think I need to stay home and help my mom out around the house. I haven't been out of my room all day."
"But why don't I come with you? Please? I haven't seen you since yesterday," He pouted, puckering out his bottom lip.
"Joe, you never used to be with me on the weekends or nothing. What makes you feel like you need to be with me all the time now?" I asked, smiling.
"Because now you know!" He whined a little, pressing his forehead against mine now.
I sighed again, making him think that I'm thinking about it. But really, I know without a doubt I wanted to come with me. When I looked up into his eyes, he was already looking back at me. His chocolate eyes were pleading and a little sad, but his puppy dog eyes were so adorable they could practically kill.
"Okay," I said, kissing his cheek.
"When can I kiss you?" He asked, pulling his forehead up.
"Soon," I smiled, again.
"When is that?"
"Soon." Four days, actually.
I pulled away from him, took his hand, and started walking back to my house. When we were inside the house, Dad was watching TV and Mom was in the kitchen, the clock said it was almost 6 o'clock, so dinner will be coming soon.
"Look what I found!" I exclaimed. Then Dad looked up at me and chuckled.
"Well I'll be darn! How you doing, Joe?"
"Just fine, Sir," Joe smiled.
Then, Mom came in the living room from the kitchen, wiping her hands on a towel. "Well, hi there, Joe! Are you staying for dinner? We're having spaghetti," She smiled.
"Why not?" Joe said, and I smiled.
"Alright. It's so nice to see Abby finally out of her room, now she seems even happier since you're here," Mom explained, smiling too.
"Well, I'm just glad to see she's alright from yesterday," He said, putting his arm around my shoulders.
"Oh, yes. She's been cooped up in her room with Macy half the day. The other half it was like she was sleeping."
"I kind of enjoyed the quietness," Dad said, back on the couch watching a game on TV.
"Okay, Dad, that's enough. Let's go upstairs now, Joe." I said, pulling Joe to the stairs.
"Dinner will be ready soon!" Mom called.

Joe and I went to my room and sat on the bed. When I looked at him, he was still smiling. And that little smile made me smile, too. I got up from the bed, and turned on my iPod stereo and played 6 Months by Hey Monday. When I sat back down beside Joe and crossed my legs, he was just looking at me now.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing. Do you still want to be a singer?"
"Huh?"
"I remember when you were like, twelve you wanted to be a singer and you used to sing everywhere you went," Joe smiled.
"I did not do that. Only in the shower," I chuckled. "But uh...I'm a horrible singer so I guess no. I'd rather be a writer or something."
"Well, can I have a say in that statement of you being a horrible singer?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.
"I don't think so," I laughed softly.
"Aw, come on. It's not like I haven't heard you before," He said.
"Maybe one of these days." I looked around the room, then back at him.

We talked for a while more, and then went downstairs to eat with my parents. Then, after a while of hanging out with Joe, he left and I went upstairs to my room and watched TV. Soon, I fell asleep. Today was a good day. Well, half of it.

The next day was Monday, and my parents were at work today. So, I got up at about 9:45 almost ten. I put my hair back in a pony tail and went downstairs to turn on the TV to Jump Start on MTV and watched it while I had some cereal. I watched that and That 70's Show until about 10:30 because I'm lazy and didn't wanna get up. But when I did, I did the dishes and called both of my parents to tell them I'm probably going to hang out with Joe or Macy today. When I got off the phone, I took a quick shower and then called Joe on my cell phone.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Hey, what are you doing today?" I asked, smiling while I talked.
"Um, nothing that I know of. Wanna come over?"
"I thought you'd never ask!"
He laughed, and I giggled a little too. "Can I come over in like....now?"
"Of course. See ya."
"See ya."
When I hung up, I went upstairs to change into some skinny jeans and a Hey Monday t-shirt with some purple Converse, brushed my teeth, then went straight downstairs to the door and down the street. As I approached Joe's door, I rang the doorbell and waited until the door opened. When it did, I expected Joe to answer, but when I looked up, my smile fell when I saw Kevin.
"Oh, I see how it is now. You forget about me and go straight to your boyfriend, huh? Okay, fine. He's out back. Just pretend I'm invisible," Kevin said, pretending to be angry and crossing his arms, looking away from me.
I laughed. "Noo, Kevin! Of course not! Come here, big guy!" I wrapped my arms around Kevin's waist and hugged him.
"Nope. Not gonna work..." He shook his head, then gave in. "Well, alright!" Then, he hugged back.
Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching and heard, "OH, now you're cheating on me with my own brother, Abby?! I can't believe you!"
When I looked over, there was Joe with his mouth hanging open. "Jooe!" I exclaimed, going over to him and giving him a big hug, too.
He laughed and hugged me back, kissing my head. When I looked back at Kevin, he was smiling at he shut the door.
I let go of Joe and looked up at him. "So, what have you been doing?"
"Well, actually, Nick and I were out in the backyard. Come here," He said, taking my hand and leading me through the house to the back yard. When we were outside, there was a big box in the grass and a bunch of poles in the grass.
"What are you guys doing?" I asked.
Joe let go of my hand and went to the box, holding it up to me. "We got a trampoline!"
I gasped, "AWESOME!"
I've always wanted a trampoline, but now I can just come over here and jump on theirs! Haha.
"Yeah!" He laughed, too.
"So, where's Nick?"
"Oh, he's upstairs taking a shower."
"Ah, I see. When are you guys gonna put this up?"
"Probably later on today. I'm still feeling morning lazy," He chuckled, coming to me and holding me by my waist.
"Come here," I grinned, taking his hand and going into the living room, plopping onto the couch with Joe beside me.
"Joe?" I scooted closer to him and set my chin on his shoulder.
"Yeah?" He replied, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
"Why don't we have pet names?"
"Uh, I don't know. We haven't even been going out a week," He chuckled.
"Hmm."
"Why?"
"I don't know, just wondering," I said.
I've kind of always wanted a pet name, kind of. I think they're cute when dates call each other 'sweetheart' or 'love' or 'babe' or 'sugar'. Okay, maybe not Sugar. Tyler only called me Babe, but it got kind of old the more he said it. I've always wondered what Joe and I would be when we got together, if we got pet names.
"I could call you...uh...Abby....uh, Abby...Girl?" He said it like a question, which I'm sure it was.
"Yeah, sure," I said quietly.
Then, it felt like his body stiffened under me. Did I make him feel awkward? I didn't mean to...

But I guess I shouldn't have brought that up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, so, I got a comment about the name changing in the last chapter. Oops! Sorry 'bout that. I'm writing so many stories at once it kind of slipped. Heehee.
Sorry!
So, I know I haven't put Joe's P.o.v. in for a while, and if you still want that, say so! Heh.
Plus, if you've got any ideas if Joe and Abby should have pet names, say that too. Or if you just think it's cheesey and it shouldn't happen.
Anyway, comment!
<3