Boy Like Me.

Fourteen

It was Thursday morning; it had been four days since Liam had talked with Ashley. Matt pretty much ignored him, which in a way bothered him. Kendrix was on her own side; she still talked to him and his friends. She mostly kept to the sidelines though not wanting to get caught up in anything.

"What's the matter honey?" Liam's mother asked as he stirred around the cereal in his bowl. Kendrix was quite just reading a book and sipping on a glass of orange juice. Jenna pushed her son's hair out of his face and he smiled weakly. Shaking his head he had his hair fall into place. His mother sighed and kissed his head then walked over to Kendrix giving her a kiss as well. "Don't be late, I have to go get ready. Have a good day alright." With those words Jenna exited the kitchen to get ready for work.

"So how's the replacement?" Kendrix asked not looking up from her book. Liam clenched his fist. His sister was going to start with him now too. Standing up from his seat he picked up his bowl and placed it into the sink. The blonde girl watched him as he grabbed his backpack and strolled right out of the room. Rolling her eyes she slammed her book shut and raced after him picking up her own bag. "Hey! Wait for me!" Kendrix called out to him as she ran out the front door. Liam ignored her call and continued on his way hands shoved into his pockets of his white hoodie.

Kendrix finally caught up and adjusted her purple vest and black t-shirt. She stared at Liam who instantly pulled his hood over his head and pretended she wasn't there. Rolling her eyes Kendrix stepped in front of him. He stopped and glared at her, he hated fighting with her.

"What's your problem?" she asked him and Liam shook his head walking around her, but she grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Liam I'm not an idiot. Why are you spending more time with Ryan? We're your real friends, you barely met this guy and you're dumping us for him?" she asked in shock and shook her head feeling a bit flustered.

"I'm not dumping anyone," Liam said dryly. "You guys just don't like him and I don't think that's fair cause he's a really nice guy." With that being said he shoved past his sister and continued his walk to school. Kendrix sighed and shook her head watching her brother walking away.

-&-

Ryan was walking down the hallway to his locker when he spotted Matt. He knew how much he hated him, but Ryan also knew that Liam was getting sick of it. Taking in a deep breath Ryan walked over to Matt with the intention of trying to have a truce. However he didn't see it happening very easily.

"Matt," Ryan said his name and the chestnut haired guy turned around. His face instantly switched to a cold stare and his eyes had the burning fire of hate glowing within them. "Look I just wanna talk. Can we chill for a few minutes before we start throwing hammers at each other?" Ryan asked him and Matt sighed slamming his locker shut. He looked at him and nodded his head stiffly.

"What do you want?" Matt asked bitterly.

"I'm sorry." Ryan said and Matt's eyes softened a bit. He didn't believe he heard that right, but Ryan nodded his head. Matt shook his head not believing he was being honest.

"What?" Matt questioned cautiously.

"I'm sorry for being a dick to you. It's just I'm sick of seeing Liam all bummed out. Even though he's smiling and stuff I know it's a front." Ryan explained to him and Matt looked down to the ground before nodding in understanding. It was as if Ryan was actually trying to be a sensible person that cared about others.

"Apology accepted." Matt said holding out his hand. Nodding his head Ryan shook his hand and they let go.

"You're not gay right?" Ryan asked and Matt huffed crossing his arms over his chest.

"We already covered this. No! I'm not!" Matt snapped and Ryan held up his hands defensively.

"Sorry, but you acted jealous when Liam was hanging around me or like threatened so I just assumed." Ryan explained to him, but Matt shook his head in disagreement fixing the sleeves of his flannel shirt.

"Because you were such a dick to me," Matt paused emphasizing the word 'dick' he licked his lips and shook his head. "You know it doesn't matter. I'm straight all right and Liam's my best friend. He likes you and I was just worried you might hurt him." Matt said and Ryan smiled weakly nodding his head. The sad part was Matt was pretty much right on the money.

"He likes me?" Ryan questioned in a confused tone with raised eyebrows. Matt gave him a strange look. Quickly Ryan waved the matter off the moment the bell rang. "Never mind. I'll see you later." He spoke and walked away heading for the stairwell. Matt watched him as he darted up the stairs seeming slightly panicked.

"There's no way." Matt whispered to himself getting the idea that Ryan was possibly swinging in the opposite direction. Shaking the idea out of his head he spun around on his heels and started walking for Calculus.

As he walked into the room he saw Liam sitting in the back corner. He was staring out wind into the gray colored sky. It was probably going to start down pouring soon. Biting his lip Matt decided he needed to tell Liam about him and Ryan's little conversation out in the hallway.

Liam had his head in the palm of his hand and seemed a bit on the sad side. Matt could tell Liam was very much confused about Ryan and his friends. Knocking on his desktop Liam turned to look at him. He showed no emotion at first, but then gave a gentle smile.

"Hi stranger," Liam said softly laying his arms out on the table for support. Matt nodded to him and sat on the desk beside him. "Are you going to yell at me too?" Liam asked bitterly and Matt flinched at the coldness in his words.

"No of course not," Matt shook his head to protest. "I came to tell you me and Ryan talked." Liam looked slightly impressed and proud.

"And?" he questioned.

"I guess I can give him a chance." Matt shrugged and Liam quickly hugged Matt causing him to laugh. However Matt still had his doubts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments.
I can't wait to read what else you guys have to say.

So please leave a comment.
Feel free to tll me if it needs improvements or if you would like to see something happen.

Thanks for reading!


-Mimi