Boy Like Me.

Thirty-One

"Where's Liam?" Ashley asked as Kendrix walked outside and hopped into Matt's truck. She pulled the door shut to eliminate the cold weather and sank into the gray colored seat.

"The other night," Kendrix paused and debated on whether she should tell them the whole story of just keep it simple. "Liam and Ryan got into a huge fight." Kendrix explained and brushed a blonde strand of hair behind her ear. She started to play with the sleeves of her jacket, but stopped.

"Why?" Matt asked her. Kendrix looked at him and waved the matter off. He raised an eyebrow at her and rolled the sleeve of his sweater up.

"Kendrix tell us!" Ashley begged and Kendrix sighed once more. She didn't want to talk about it in front of her house. When she heard Ryan yelling at Liam the other night she snuck out of her room and sat on the top step of the staircase. She heard Ryan saying stuff like Liam didn't understand and he hated him. It was kind of hard to listen to, because she knew how much Liam cared about him.

"Look I'll tell you when you start driving." Kendrix said turning to Matt. He nodded his head and started backing out of the driveway. She thanked him quietly and sat back into the backseat of his truck. Liam probably wouldn't want them to know, but she had to tell someone about it.

"Now spill." Ashley said once they were driving down the road. Kendrix stared out at all of the houses for a moment and looked at Ashley. She was facing her and Matt was glancing up at through the rearview mirror. With a heavy sigh Kendrix started from the very beginning and explained everything. From Liam's plan all the way to when they had sex and down to the fight.

-&-

"No he's hasn't been home." Benjamin said shaking his head as he sat down on the gray leather couch in the small living area. He was talking to Molly. Liam had called him around 8:00 that morning to make sure Ryan went home, but he hadn't.

"Aren't you worried?" Molly asked with worry in her own tone. She didn't know Ryan well, but she did like him and thought he was a good kid. Benjamin looked up at the clock it was noon.

"Of course," Benjamin paused for a moment and sighed softly. He knew Ryan would take things this way; this is why he didn't say anything about Rahne. It annoyed him that Liam had, but either way Ryan did have a right to know. If he were Ryan he'd probably lash out the same way. "He's just mad Molly. Confused and hurting, he doesn't know how to channel all that anger. Ryan's an emotional wreck twenty-four/seven. I just wish I could have told him, Liam's heartbroken." Benjamin shook his head picturing Liam feeling guilty and ashamed of himself. He didn't have to feel that way, but it was obvious by the sound of his voice on the phone. It was a hard thing to tell such a cold truth. Benjamin wanted to talk to Ryan, but he knew that no matter what he did or what he would say Ryan would never trust him.

This whole time Ryan had believed that Benjamin just couldn't tell him cause he didn't know much, but he did. Benjamin messed up and he would gladly admit that. He knew Ryan would return home though, even it was only a temporary home.

"What if he doesn't come back?" Molly questioned and Benjamin's heart sank. Guilt would haunt him forever if Ryan never came back, but Benjamin knew that wasn't possible. Ryan would come back there was no doubt. He just wasn't sure when he would come back. "You have to look for him Ben." Molly said softly and Benjamin knew that she was right.

"I know Molly, I know." Benjamin nodded his head knowingly.

"Where would he go?" Molly asked and Benjamin knew exactly where he'd be. He just didn't want to go after him; he knew Ryan would just run away from him.

"I know where he is." Benjamin spoke and Molly gasped.

"Then why haven't you gone to him?" she hissed and Benjamin shook his head staring down at the floors of his home. "He's angry, hungry, confused, cold, lost, and hurt, but you haven't gone to him!" Molly listed and Benjamin groaned.

"Molly! He wouldn't listen." Benjamin said truthfully. It was a bitter thought in his head. He didn't want Ryan to be out in the cold. He didn't want him to be hurt and angry, but that was Ryan's choice. Benjamin would do anything to help Ryan, but Ryan wouldn't accept the help. It was just one of those troubling things that Ryan had to figure out on his own.

"How do you know that?" she asked him and Benjamin could picture the beautiful woman sitting in her own living room running her fingers through her hair. He sighed and tried to think of an answer other than "that's just how he is" that wouldn't suffice.

"Ryan's been alone forever Molly. Despite the countless families, therapist, and myself," Benjamin paused and let out a heavy breath. "We've all tried to help him, but he shut himself from everyone. He's used to being alone and he likes it that way, he's comfortable. Loneliness is all he knows." Benjamin explained to her and he knew that it wasn't right to sit around and wait. It was just that Ryan wasn't approachable when he was angry, he would say things he didn't mean and then run farther away from his problem. It was his way of getting a grip. If it took Ryan days or weeks to get back on track, Benjamin would let him.

"Bring him home." Molly said softly and Benjamin blinked a few times.

"What?" Benjamin asked.

"He needs a father." Molly told him and Benjamin shook his head.

"Me?" Benjamin asked.

"Yes, Benjamin you're probably the one person he needs right now." Molly explained, but Benjamin didn't believe that. He wanted to be there for Ryan, but Ryan was probably more upset with him than Liam.

"I don't think so Molly." Benjamin disagreed.

"He may argue with you at first," Molly paused. "But he'll listen, you're the only thing that he has for family." Benjamin let her words sinking into him. She had a point he'd been there for Ryan since the moment he lost his family all the way to now. Ryan wouldn't want to listen at first, but Benjamin had to at least tell him he was sorry.

"I'll go talk to him." Benjamin said with a smile and Molly laughed lightly.

"Go get him." Molly said and Benjamin nodded saying goodbye before hanging up the phone. If he knew Ryan like he thought he did, he'd be in the one place Ryan never went unless he was angry and confused. Grabbing a coat Benjamin slipped it on and walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys, had a busy weekend.
Also thanks for the awesome comments.

Please send more!


-Mimi