Oxycontin Genocide

[Oxycontin Genocide] [Gerard Way] [03]

I sighed to myself, letting my tired body fall on my dark blue couch. Home sweet home. Finally , after a tired car ride I arrived in New Jersey. I was happy I managed to arrive safely to my house. I'm not that good of a driver you see. I already wrecked more than 3 cars, luckily in none of them I had serious injeries.

The house was quiet and calm, not like it's usual. Normally it's filled with friends, moviemarathons and mom still whining how I need to get settled with a guy. It's never been one of my best sides honestly. Sure, I had a lot of guy friends, but no boyfriend. I didn't miss it, how can you miss someting you never had? No don't get me wrong I've had plently of boyfriends , but non of which I actualy felt alive with. 'No thinking i'm the luckiest girl in the whole wide world' when I woke up.

All except one long time ago, he was my everything.

I stood up from the couch and walked towards the stereo, turning it on. Something Corporate was blasting through my speakers, Konstantine to be exact. I can listen to that song the whole week and still I would never ever get sick of it. The lyrics, the piano , Andrew's voice ... everything about this song made me feel good.

I can't imagine all the people that you know
And the places that you go
When the lights are turned down low


My eyes adverted from the volumebutton to a picture standing on top of my speakers. My lips couldn't help but form a smile remembering all the memories. Teenage love, that's what everyone called it. Scrap the teenage and you'll get what it meant, love. He was my first , if you know what I mean. The picture was in a simple wooden frame, both of us had grins plastered on our faces. That day in the park, that wonderfull day.

"No ! " I laughed looking at the smirking face in front of me , " I told you I don't like cameras! ".
I tried my best to take the digital camera away from his hands, unfortunately my height didn't work along. Jumping trying to get his hands out of the sky, he laughed.
" Come on Leah, just one picture for me?" His pouting 17 year old face made my stomach doing flips.
God, he sure could know how to make a girl weak in the knees , I tried to avoid his face stubbornly , looking to the grass underneath my feet.
He tried to shove his still pouting face in my sight. I laughed , pushing him on the ground. A shocked expression came across his eyes, his mouth widening a little. I laughed even more until he wrapped his arms around my waist , bringing me to the ground also.
After 5 minutes of long comfortable silence laying in each other's arms , he spoke.
" One for me? " He smiled as I nodded and replied " Just for you " pecking his lips softly.
His hands brought the camera in the air , trying to do his best to put both of our faces in view.
" Smile for me "


And those nights in my car
But this time I'm alone, and I don't see those stars
I'm not your star?
Isn't that what you said


My fingers brushed softly our smiling faces.

Those memories.

Spin around me like a dream
We played out on this movie screen
And I said,
Did you know I miss you


I miss you Gerard.