Status: active

War

Nightmares

It was the middle of the night, and everything was calm. Jarred and Paul were on patrol when they felt Jacob phase.

Paul, Sam needs you at his place. Now.

The only thought that crossed Paul's mind as he raced to Sam's house was Jessa. What if she was in trouble? Was she hurt?

Just before he stepped out of the trees, Paul phased and pulled his jeans on.

"Sam? Em?" he yelled as he stepped inside the house.

"Up here!"

Paul followed the voices to the back room where Jessa was staying. As soon as he entered, he saw what was wrong. Jessa was tossing and turning, moaning, yet she was asleep.

"What's wrong with her?" he demanded as he gathered the little girl in his lap.

"We can't wake her up," Emily explained, worried. "We heard her screaming, and we thought she was in trouble. I think she's having a nightmare, but it doesn't look like a regular one."

Paul pulled Jessa closer and started to whisper. "Jessa, baby, you have to wake up now. You have to wake up. You're safe here. I know you're scared, but you have to wake up."

Jessa topped moving and stayed still.

"Come on, baby, just open your eyes." Jessa's eyes fluttered open a bit.

"Uncle Sam? Paul?" she said groggily.

"Are you okay?"

Jessa wrapped her arms around Paul's neck and began to sob. "He's coming! He's coming, and he wants me, Claire, and Nessie!"

"Jessa, it was just a nightmare," Sam whispered.

"No," Jessa said, still sobbing. "It's real. He's coming. His name is Randolph. He wants to hurt you guys. He wants to kill you. He told me to warn you that he would be coming soon. He said you can't do anything to stop him."

"Jessa, hun, what did he look like?" Sam asked gently.

"H-he looked like the people in the stories. Red eyes, real light skin. And he had dark hair. He's mean. Really, really mean. I'm scared!" Paul pulled her even closer.

"Jessa, he can't hurt you. Or Claire, or Nessie," he said.

Sam groaned. He knew they needed help, but the people they needed were the last people he wanted to associate with.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? It's short, but it's important.
Feedback?