Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 2

It was lunchtime and Jessica had offered to let me hang out with her.

“You wait till you meet the boys, you should get along with them right away, they’re all really friendly” said Jessica as we were walking back outside after putting our books in our lockers.
“I hope so, I don’t wanna make a bad impression on my first day” I replied.
“Oh, I wouldn’t worry about Danica and her friends, and the skater boys, they’re all stuck up” said Jessica.
“I could tell” I said.
“They were laughing at your clothes, no offence, but are you like, poorer than normal people?” asked Jessica, biting her lip in a way that told me she was worried she might have offended me.
“No, not at all” I laughed.
“I’m not really the kind of person that cares much about what I wear, it’s never really mattered to me” I added.
“Oh, ok then” said Jessica.

We reached the place where Jessica and the others hung out. It was exactly where I saw them this morning, under the archway leading into the main building.

“Hey guys, this is Jackie, you remember her from this morning right?” Jessica said, introducing me to the guys.
“Oh, hi, you’re the new kid hey?” said a boy with short, sleek black hair, hazel eyes, and snake bite piercings on his bottom lip.
“Yeah, just moved here from Winfield” I replied.
“Winfield? A cousin of mine lives there, you might’ve known her, her name’s Katrina Iero” he said.
“Yeah, I knew her, she was alright” I lied (Katrina was a WHORE! But I didn‘t wanna start off on the wrong foot with this dude)
“Be honest girlie, I know for a fact my cousin’s a bitch” he laughed.
“Yeah alright, she was uhh…” I trailed off.
“A bitch?” he suggested.
“Yeah” I laughed.
“Haha, yeah, thought so, I’m Frank by the way, Frank Iero” he said.
“Cool name” I said.
“Cheers” he replied

“I’m Ray Toro” said a guy with a massive bushy brown afro and brown eyes.
“Nice to meet you” I said.
“Same here, this ranga here’s Bob Bryar, and that there’s Mikey Way” said Ray. Mikey had Brown eyes and short messy brown hair, and wore glasses. Bob on the other hand, had short orangy blonde hair with a side fringe, and blue eyes.

“Fuck you Ray, how many times have I told you not to call me ranga!” snapped Bob, punching Ray’s arm.
“RANGA!” teased Mikey.
“FUCK YOU MIKEY!” Bob snapped back.

“Hey guys cut it out or I’ll bash all your heads together, and Bob, watch your tongue with my brother, or you’ll have me to answer to!” said Gerard, who’d just arrived.

Jessica jumped up and threw her arms around his neck, sharing a passionate kiss with him.

“You miss me?” he asked when they broke apart.
“You bet babe” said Jessica.

“This is Gerard, Gerard Way” Jessica said, arms still wrapped around him, one hand on his chest.
“Yeah, we’ve already met, she’s in my art class” said Gerard
“Oh, well no need for introductions then” said Jessica.

Gerard sat down with the rest of the boys, and Jess and I sat a little way away from them.

“I can’t believe you’re with Gerard!” I said ecstatically.
“Haha, he’s so beautiful hey?” said Jessica.
“Are you kidding? He’s GORGEOUS!” I replied.
“Yeah, I know” she said, and her hair flipped as she looked over at him, and then back again.
“You’re really lucky” I said.
“I know, he’s amazing” she smiled.
“Anyway, what’re you doing this Friday?” she asked.
“Nothing, why?” I asked.
“If your Dad’s okay with it, come sleep over my place” she said.
“Sounds cool, Dad should let me” I said.
“Awesome, and I’m taking you shopping on Saturday, I’m getting your hair done, and I’m gonna get you some new clothes” she said.
“Oh, Jessica no, I can’t ask you to do that! it’s your money!” I exclaimed.
“That’s just the thing, you didn’t ask did you? I offered, so no arguments!” replied Jessica.
“Alright, alright” I said.

***

The walk home from school was lonely, but thankfully I had my MP3 to keep me company, and enjoyed the sound of Boys Like Girls, Paramore and Simple Plan on the walk home. I finally got home and dropped my bag in my room, then went into my dad’s office and sat down on the couch.

“Hey sweetheart, how was your day?” Dad asked.
“It was good” I said.
“Was that an actual it was good or a make Dad happy it was good” he asked.
“No, an actual it was good” I said.
“Did you make any friends?” he asked.
“Yeah I did actually, this really cool girl named Jessica LaTovey, this really nice guy Gerard Way, his brother Mikey, Frank Iero, Ray Toro and Bob Bryar” I told him.
“That’s good, so you found yourself a group then?” he asked, typing something onto his computer.
“Yeah, pretty much” I said.
“That’s good” said Dad.
“Yeah, well, you’ve obviously got work to do, so I won’t keep you” I said, and got up to leave.
“Jackie” Dad said, making me stop just before the door.
“Yeah?” I replied.
“I love you” he said
“I love you too Dad” I said, and went to leave again.

Then I remembered something, and stopped to lean on the doorframe.

“Dad?” I said.
“Yeah?” he replied.
“Umm, Jess asked me if I could sleep over her house this weekend, is that ok?” I asked.
“Of course, you’re new in town, and I think making the most of your new friends is the best thing right now” he said.
“Thanks Dad” I said, and turned and left him to his work…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so Chapters 1 to 11 are kinda crappy, I got better at writing over time, also, the point of view changes at some point, I can't remember when, but changes from present to past tense later on.