We'll Love Again, We'll Laugh Again, We'll Cry Again, and We'll Dance Again

We'll Say Goobye The Hundredth Time.

Image

---

"Damn it Marie, take the fucking picture!" Miranda basically screamed at me as I tried to set it just right.

There was a flash of light as the picture formed on my digital camera.
Kory looked at the picture of her and Miranda, making a heart.

"Miranda, we suck at making a heart." She sighed as I giggled lightly.
" No one ever said we had to make it perfect Kory." She scoffed as it seemed like she took it a little to much to heart.

Kory and I gave each other a knowing glance, then watched as Miranda opened a water bottle and threw back a pill or two.

"I have places to be, and people to see loves. Talk soon?" Miranda said suddenly as she fixed her white tank top and grabbed her purse.
"Of course." I mumbled as she looked at me with her honey colored eyes.

She kissed my check and said goodbye, while pushing down her white rimmed bug glasses.
I sighed as the door shut.
She seemed so different.
I don't know if it was the random pill popping.
Or just her.

"She'll be okay." Kory sensed my stress as I turned my camera off and threw it on my bed.
"I fucking hope so." I prayed silently.
"Look, let me draw you something on your wall." Kory said as I shrugged and let her do what she pleased.

She started to draw this really big piece on a seperate wall that had nothing drawn on it.
She delicately moved a pencil across my wall.
Making sure that all the right curves, and lives were perfect before she could go over it with pen.
I laid down on my bed, right next to my camera, and watched Kory work her magic.
She started from the bottom of the wall and worked up, to form a bare tree.
She added a background scene of long grass.
Then at the very top, she started to draw clouds, using a chair to get up there.

While she was beginning to outline everything with pen, I set up my camera of her drawing it.
But, I heard the door slam downstairs.
It was only 2:30, so it wasn't my dad.
Kory turned around to look at me as she didn't hear me move, or anything.
Matt's voice echoed through my house, shouting my name.
I didn't understand why he was here, but I got up and leaned over my balcony.

"Hi." He said quietly as I said hello back.

I watched as he walked up the stairs, closer to me.
I watched as his hands cupped my face and kissed me gently.
I watched as Kory jumped off the chair she was standing on and gave Matt a hug, before returning to her drawing.

"What are you doing here?" I finally asked as he shrugged.
"I can't come see you whenever I want to?" He asked, a bit defensively.

More than what I expected.

"Of course you can." I said quietly as I looked at my bare feet.
"I just wanted to check up on you. Make sure you're okay and what not." He said as he hugged me.
"I'm always okay. It's not like I can go any where and become not okay." I said bitterly as he was taken back.

Kory got off the chair and looked at me.
It was kind of an awkward silence as Kory stood there, looking at us.

"I think I'm gonna go." Matt said quietly as he kissed the side of my head, then walked down the stairs waving at Kory.

I expressed what I was feeling after the door slammed again.
I let out a low growl and had the feeling just to sit on the ground.

"This is shit, total shit." I let my vocal chords do the work as well.

I buried my face in my hands and let out another growl as I felt Kory's hand on my shoulder.

"Not all of us are perfect." Kory said silently as I sighed.
"I wish I was." I told her as she sat beside me.
"No, you really don't. I know you have more..Restictions then any real kid, but it doesn't mean your some fucked up person. Your perfectly fine the way you are. Your amazing at what you can do, and those stupid rules won't mean shit when you turn 18." She said as I felt okay at being..This.

Even if no one else was okay with it.
Kory was certaintly fine with it, when I wasn't.
This was what Kory could do to me with her delicate sweet words.

---

"Marie...Marie!" Someone was frantically trying to wake me up.
"What Kory!" I shouted finally, despite what time it was.
"Your boyfriend is on the phone. He seems a bit, freaked." She said drowsily as I grabbed the phone from her hand.

Kory snuggled back in bed as I listened to Matt tell me something that I didn't want to hear for a very long time.

"I'll be there as soon as I can." I said as Kory sat up.
"Miranda is in the hospital." I said as she started to put her shoes on.
"Aren't you coming?" She asked as she started to lace her left show.
"Uh.." I stated as I thought about it.

Was I allowed to go?

"I'm not leaving you here, come on." Kory said as I pulled on some worn out shoes.

She pulled on her hoodie, as I pulled on my own, and we silently crept down my stair case.
It was a pretty easy task considering my house was new and my dad was on the other side of the house.

We slid into her car and she started the ignition, and the CD player started blasting.

"Holy shit Kory!" I said as she hurriely turned it down.

She murmured a sorry as she buckled her seatbelt reminding me of my own.
She went to turn off the CD player as I stopped her.
I don't want to listen to classical music, or for this car to be silent.

"I don't know if you'll like it." She said as she started the CD over again.

I listening intently, listening to the lyrics.

"Can you hear me? Are you near me? Can we pretend to leave and then we'll meet again, when both our cars collide." The man sang from the CD player.

I asked Kory who the band was and she just smiled at me as we stopped at a red light.

"They're called My Chemical Romance." She said as the light flashed green.
"You need to burn this CD for me." I said aloud as we pulled into a visitor spot in front of the ER.

She gave me that look that was hesitant.
She always looked at me this way where she didn't know if it was alright.

"Those rules mean nothing to me right now." I assured her as I pulled my hair into my hoodie and walked in to the waiting room.
Kory asked if Miranda Oneal was in.
The receptionist responded that she was undergoing surgery of some kind and no one would be able to see her till after.
The receptoinist couldn't estimate how long it was going to take, but she just got in by what the ambulence told her.

"Fuck waiting, and the rules." Kory said as we headed back to her car.

I smiled at her as we pulled out of the parking lot and took a new direction to somewhere, I did not know.
We pulled into a diner I passed by every now and then when I actually went outside of my house.

"Bob and Kathy's Diner, eh?" I asked Kory as she sort of nodded and looked for an empty booth to sit in.

Despite what time it was, this diner was jumping.
With people of all ages.
She picked a quiet booth in the back of the whole diner and took a seat, while I sat across from her.
She picked up a menu from where the napkin holder and other essentials were holding it, as I did the same.

"Ello Kory, and friend." A plump waitress said as my eyes averted away from the menu.
"Marie." I said quietly as she repeated my name, for reassurance I guess.
"You ordering the usual, Kory?" She asked as I noticed she had some type of Southern accent.
"Of course." Kory smiled as she put her menu back.

She turned to me as I sat there, like an idiot, looking back at her.

"Anything for you?" She asked as my face felt warm from embarrassment.
"French toast, with scrambled eggs." I answered as she wrote it down on her little order paper.
"Coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice, milk.." She went off naming all these beverages as I said coffee before she named any more.

The plump waitress, whom on her name tag said was Kathy, go figure, left with a smile and our orders.

"The usual is?.." I asked Kory as she lightly laughed and told me it was coffee and a plate of pancakes.
"You get that every time you come here?" I asked her.

Quite astonished by what else was on the menu that she didn't eat, and how simple her 'usual' was.

"Yes hun, I just get pancakes and coffee whenver I come here." She lightly laughed again as my nose wrinkled and I grinned at her calling me hun.

When our orders came, I asked if Kathy was the original Kathy and she just laughed.
She started to tell me about her great great grandma Kathy, and blabbed on about her family while Kory and I ate.
She sighed as her name was being called out from the kitched, and finally, left us alone.

"Does she always do that?" I asked Kory as she almost spit her coffee back into the cup from laughing.
"Yes. She ever did that with Miranda.." She trailed off at mentioning Miranda.

I looked at my plate, hald eaten, and didn't have an appetite anymore.
Kore pushed her, also half eaten plate, aside.
When Kathy came back we paid our bill, half and half, then headed off back to the hospital.

The receptionist recognized us from earlier and gave us a small smile.
She told Kory and I that Miranda was involved in a car accident.
My breath hitched as she proceeded to tell us that Miranda was driving three other people home, drunk.
She gave us a sympathetic smile as she told us that Miranda was still undergoing surgery.
I sighed as we went to take a seat in the waiting room.

I felt sick to my stomach, knowing that she might of killed three other people, including herself.
I fell asleep, despite the noise throughout the emergency room.
I listened to the babies crying.
I listened to the doctors tell people that their loved ones didn't make it.
It was heart-wrenching to fall asleep to, because at any moment I knew that someone could come announce who was alive and who wasn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for updates.
I've been writing a lot for this story throughout school.
Especially for this story.
:D.
Hopefully, I can get at least HALFWAY through this story during Summer.
Ya know. :].
Comments are lovely.
Critisim makes me better.
Thanks <3.
- JJ.