Status: Comment If You Want. Finished!

Can You Hear Me?

Here's For Suprises

I was clutched on to Mason. I hate planes. It also didn’t help that his buddy Trace was laughing at me.
“Babe, it fine.” Mason repeated for the seventy-eighth time with his hushed crackly tone. I giggled insanely.
“Will you still be saying that when the plane crashes?” I asked. He chuckled.
“No, I’ll be saying; ‘Oh shit we’re gonna die!’ Trace will be like; ‘Holy fuck I should have got more tattoos.’ You would say; ‘God Mason, I told you so.”
“Damn Mason, spot on. Actually I would scream like a girl.” Trace responded as we stepped on to the plane. I laughed and pulled Mason closer. He chuckled again. A taller longish haired guy that looked a lot like Mason got on the plane with a Italian looking girl who had wide set dark eyes. Mason smiled at the boy then hugged him. Once the two let go of each other Mason spoke.
“Jess, this is Mitchell and his girlfriend Gia.”
“Hey I’m Jessica.” I told them shaking their hands and smiling to myself. Mason led me to one of the seats in the center of the plane. Then we buckled in and as I snuggled into Mason I fell asleep…
… “Jessica wake up we’re there.” Mason pleaded gently nudging my arm. I pulled myself out of sleep mode. When my eyes opened I smiled. “We are at my house.”
“Huh? When did we get off the plane?” I asked confused I don’t remember getting off the plane.
“A half and hour ago, I didn’t want to wake you so I carried you, but now we are here so I had to wake you. I‘m sorry.” I kiss his cheek and smile.
“Don’t be. Do I look okay?” He moved a strand of my hair out of my face.
“Perfect.” Everyone got out of the car and Mason softly kissed me for reassurance that I would be excepted no matter what I looked like. I kissed him back until he pulled away. “They can’t stop me from loving you if I already do.” I grinned at him and we got out of the car. He lead me by the hand to the house and through the door. He smiled at me again as we entered a living area. I looked about the room quickly, Mitchell and Gia, Trace, a younger boy, and two adults in their forties. The younger boy was the first to notice us.
“Mason, um, rape much. She’s like twelve.” He spoke, I giggled.
“Marc, ah, she’s twenty-two!” Mason responded. I stopped laughing as Mason lead me to the older couple. “Mom and Dad this is Jessica, my girlfriend.” The smiled at me.
“It is so great to meet you finally. We’ve heard so much.” The woman spoke.
“Hopefully good things.” I replied giving them a nervous smile.
“Oh how rude are we. I’m Kathy and this is my husband Sam.” I shook both their hands.
“It’s nice to meet you.” The man spoke, smiling. “How about you all get settled in to your rooms while we finish dinner? Mitch, Gia will be in the guest room by our room. Trace you’ll be in the guest room across from Mitchell’s room. Jessica we’re sorry, but if you’re okay with it you’ll have to sleep in Mason’s room, The other guest rooms are full. So many guest this year.”
“Yeah that’ll be fine.” I answered. They smiled and we all started towards our sleeping area with our bags. Mason opened a door to a room painted blood red with a large bed covered in dark blankets. It had a plasma screen on one wall and two doors on either side of it. A desk on the other side of the bed.
“Mom’s done a little redecorating since I was seventeen and I lived here.” Mason spoke his voice penetrating the silence.
“It’s beautiful.” I followed jumping on the bed. He climbed up and put his arm around me. I looked up into his eyes. “Sing to me, Mace.” He closed his eyes and shook his head.
“No you won’t like it. It sounds bad.” I put my hand on his chin and lifted his head.
“Don’t always doubt yourself. Everything you do is beautiful in it’s own way.”
“But my voice is long gone.”
“It’s not your still talking.”
“Babe-”
“Come on, I’ll love you just the same as before.”
“Jess-” I did the only thing I could do I started singing myself. Boys Like Girls always got to him and Someone Like You is hard to resist.
“I’ve been looking for someone like you. So, sing me a song, I know all the words too and I’ll sing along. Could you be my savior? Been out here too long and I’ve been looking for somewhere to belong. They’ll be holding on. So can you save me now?” Even if I started in the middle it was okay. Surprisingly to my enjoyment Mason rolled his eyes and joined me even if his voice was hoarse and weak.
“My life in the rear view, I’m running from Jesus, don’t know where I’m going to. Got nothing to lose, I’m fighting my demons. Been looking for someone like you. I’ve been looking for someone like you. When the stars explode and I’m all alone. When they start to see the smoke. When I’m finally burning out, I’ll need some one to carry me home safe and sound. My life in the rear view, I’m running from Jesus, don’t know where I’m going to. Got nothing to lose, I’m fighting my demons. Been looking for someone like you. I’ve been looking for someone like you.” I kissed him.
“Everything you do is beautiful in it’s own way, like I-” He put his finger over my mouth. Then he pulled me on to him.
“You’re the most beautiful being on earth, you know?” I drooped my head on to his chest.
“No, that’s not me.”
“Yes, it is and you can’t deny it.” Someone knocked on the door.
“Dinner is ready.” Kathy’s voice came from outside the door. I climbed of Mason.
“I’m not beautiful!” I giggled and ran out of the room. Mason followed behind me.
“Yes you are!” He laughed.

The alarm clock buzzed by my ear, I groaned. I hit the button on top and shook Mason. I yawned and stretched. “Mace, wake up. Babe.” I spoke then forgot he couldn’t hear me he took out his hearing thing for the night. I nudged his arm, his eyes started opening. He sat up. “Good Morning.” I greeted now that he could read my lips.
“Morning.” He yawned and reached over toward the table picked up his ear thing and then crawled out from under the blankets. I followed suit and fixed my bed clothes. He took my hand and we headed toward the living room. We found everyone else there. Mason pulled me on to the couch with him.
“Marry Christmas everyone!” Amy and Kate cheered as they walked into the door with Tim in tow carrying huge bags. He set them by the tree with all of the other presents. Kathy hugged her sister Kate and then Sam announced for everyone to get their stocking from the fireplace. I got up and snagged mine and Mason’s then skipping back to the couch. I gave him mine and smiled. He made a funny face.
“Now why does my stocking say Jessica on it, Jessica?” He asked placing his hand just past the edge on my shorts. I shivered at his cold hands.
“Because I stole your’s.” He took his and handed me mine.
“Your’s is special though.” I sighed and looked inside finding it stuffed with random colored tissue paper. I huffed and started removing the papers. When I reached the bottom I found an envelope. I opened it then started reading the print.

It’s only been three months, but it seems like life’s in fast forward. You make me smile everyday we’re together. You make everything better and when I didn’t want to be loved you made me see the light. I knew you where special when you took me on to the dance floor and started dancing with me. With you in my arms the world stops, everything’s perfect. I can hear you and speak to you. You don’t treat me any different than anyone else. You are my angel. You saved me from my own denial. Forever and I mean it. Don’t think I don’t not ever. Do you love me forever too? If you do say yes right now.

“Yes?” I did what it said, but I questioned it. Mason took my hand and put something on it. I looked up or more like down to find him on one knee. I gasped and stared blankly at him. He was smiling widely. I slowly smiled and then jumped up from the couch. I pulled Mason up and pulled my arms around him. I kissed him quick. “Really? You want me?”
“Yes, I want you. I want you forever.”
….
“Kathy, does this fit right? Or do I look extremely horrible in this?” I turned in the long dress to face my future mother-in-law. She laughed and put her hand on my shoulder.
“You are very fortunate, you look beautiful in almost every single thing.” I shook my head.
“Everyone says that.” I turned to face myself in the mirror. I smiled at the woman I saw. A familiar stranger. I let my hands slide down the silky fabric. Pulled the top of the dress up a little more. Then looked at Amy in her purple bridesmaid dress. “I’ll take it.” I made the choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)!!!!
<3 Kelsey