Status: Complete

Miss You Sevenfold

After All This Time I’m Coming Home To You

Rain falls over the big three story house that holds the Avenged family inside. Outside the air is cold and thin, bitter…full of grief….and so much pain. The sky is an angry mix of blues, blacks and grays as if the angles above are morning the lost of one of their own. Inside no one speaks, no one moves all is still not one thing showing any sign of life. The only sound is the TV, the news; all eyes are on the TV screen looking at what is being shown.

"And just as the fleet of Navy personae were taking off for the journey home to their loved ones who they haven’t seen in mouths or so many year, the plane was attacked by fifty heavy armed AL-Qaida terrorists. A board the flight was twenty of the Navy’s best SEALs from the F/A-18 Hornet strike fighter, SSN, DDG and Seabees. Among the twenty there were five survivors all form the F/A-18 Hornet strike fighter lead by Officer William Polgreant. There five survivors are in critical concision, they are 25 year old Stamata Green, 28 year old Frances Bowler, 22 year old Craig Hock, 30 year old Miles Warden, and 20 year old Cole Taren. Now letter of the lost SEALs have been sent out along with letters for the survivors families…"

Click

The channel changed…someone changed the channel!

"The death toll has rising now to more than three million deaths including soldiers and civilians both. The twenty Navy SEALs that were attacked today five survived and fifteen died. Among the fifteen that were found dead were 20 year old Megan Mixer, 29 year old Blake Foxgroth, 23 year old Trace Kargrn, 22 year old Marshay Hall, 27 year old-

Click The channel is changed again,

"Of the young men and women who died in the attack today was 24 year old Keven Hardy from the SSN, 22 year old Marshay Hall from the F/A-18 Hornet strike fighter, 23 year old Trace Kargrn from the F/A-18 Hornet strike fighter…"

Click

The TV is turned off. All eyes are on the blank screen, mouth dropped to the floor in shock, disbelief, horror…pain. “NO! NO! NO!” Brian’s voice is the first to break the silence; he falls to the ground to his knees, not giving a damn if anyone sees him cry. No one can say anything, all faces are wet with fresh tears and all hearts are aching in such pain from the loss of a friend…a lost lover…a lost hope.

“She’s…no…” Val? Was that Val? It sounds like her voice, but at the same time it’s doesn’t; there is nothing, but the unmistakable trace of sorrow and grief, no happiness, no joy… just sorrow and grief. There isn’t a dry eye in the whole house. Not a single dry space on anyone face; they have all lost a true friend and for some even more then that, others have lost their heart and soul.

“This isn’t fair she was supposes to come back to me! She was coming home to me after nine mouths! She said she’d come back! She lied…she FUCKING lied!” Brian yells his pain showing through his anger.

“Son now don’t be like that-”

“She lied to me! Don’t you tell me how to be! How the fuck would you feel?! Huh? How would you feel if you turned on the news and saw that she fucking died?” Brian screamed at this father pointing to the women holding his father's hand; his step mom Suzy. Brian Sir just looked at his son, this broken man, this broken little boy who lost more than a friend, he lost his other half.

“I’d feel the same.” Brian Sir says telling the truth as he looks down at his own other half.

Time Laps

The sun light pecks through the slits of the blinds in the bedroom, loud snoring can be heard from the large body that occupies the bed. The bed shifts a little; the black covers are pulled up so feet can slip into them. A body is now occupying the other side of the bed like so many nights and mornings before. The body moves closer to the large one making sure not to wake it up, cold feet touch the warm large thigh and the large body groans. Stopping all movement the body watches as the larger body rolls over on its back, still snoring. The body moves again and a hand reaches out to cover the mouth of the larger one; the snoring is softened a little. The body smiles proudly at its accomplishment and snuggles into the larger body carefully making sure not to wake it up.

The large mouth starts to kiss the hand making the body squeak and quickly take its hand away. The body looks over at the larger body, smoky blue-brown eyes are meant with tired but happy dark brown eyes. “Good morning babe.” The larger body says making the other body smile.

“I wake you up?” the body asks trying not to giggle as the larger body stretches and lets out a great loud yawn.

The larger body shakes its head, “I was up, just waiting for you.” It says with a smile.

“We go out today?”

“Yes babygirl we’re going out to day.” The large body gets up out of the bed and looks down at the body in the bed, “Come on let’s get dressed so we can go eat!” the large body says.

“Yay! We going eat out?” asks the body in the bed.

“Yep now come on!” the large body runs to the door with the other body hot its heels.
The body runs past the larger body to its room and hides behind the light purple curtains. “Babe where’d you go?” the deep voice of the large body asks. The body hold in its giggles as the large body looks around the room for the body. “Oh no I lost her! Not again man Matt is so going to kill me!” the large body wines acting like it’s crying.

The body flies from behind the curtains and jumps on the larger body, “Don’t cry Daddy Uncle Matt don’t kill!” the brown eyes lock with the smoky blue-brown ones,

“I thought I lost you.”

“Nope you has me for um…a lots of years forever!” the body says and the larger body smiles picking up the small body in its arms and spinning around. “Daddy put me down the wall is moving!” the large body laughs and sets the body down on the floor,

“Sorry! Now what-" the door bell rings and the large body looks at the bedroom door, “Babe I’ll be back stay in your room and get dressed okay?”

“Okay daddy!”

The large body walks down the steps and looks through the peep hole of the front door, “Hey Matt!” the large body says as it opens the door to let the man in.

“Hey Bri so you ready to go?” Matt asks.

“Um…Meria is getting dressed right now.” Brian says.

“Okay I’ll wait down here.”

"Could you go help her get ready? You know with her hair?”

“Yeah man sure you know I love that little girl like she was my own.”

“Which is way you and Val are the godparents.”

“Yeah good point.” Matt and Brian walk up the steps, Brian heading to his room and Matt heading to his four year old goddaughter’s room. Squeals of delight are heard throughout the whole up stairs signaling that Matt has entered Meria’s room. Brian gets a quick shower and gets dressed in black jeans, a purple shirt with a black cross on the front, black K-swizz sneakers and his signature black Fedora hat with a purple bandanna. Brian walks out of his bedroom and sees Meria holding Matt’s hand dressed in a purple sundress that has a black slash belt that tied into a little bow in the back with black mesh lace flower trim at the bottom of it, going all the way the right side stopping at the black belt.

“Okay looks like we’re already let’s get going.” Matt says walking down the steps with the little girl in his arms. Matt straps the little girl into her car set and gets in the front set.

“Where we eating?” Meria asks.

“How would you like to eat at Uncle Jimmy’s?” Matt asks.

“Aunt Lee-lee make blueberry cakes?” Meria asks earning a chuckle form her dad and uncle.

“Yeah babe she made blueberry pancakes.”

“Yay! I like her cakes!” the little girl sings as Matt starts the car and drives to Jimmy’s house.

Inside Jimmy’s house all the guys and their girls are sitting around at the dining room table enjoying a nice home cooked breakfast by Leana. “Ewe Uncle Johnny that’s gross! Daddy look what he did!” Meria’s voice giggles. Brian and everyone looks at Johnny to see him mixing his ketchup with is milk.

“Aw Johnny grow up!”

“Ewe babe that’s gross!” Brian and Lacey complain.

“Well Brian I’m as grown as I’ll get, so shut up!” Johnny says taking a sip of his red milk, “EWE!” he yells spitting it out making the whole table laugh.

Shortly after Johnny’s little drinking test everyone gathered into their cars and followed Matt’s car that Brian was driving to the place they all visit a lot. Brian steps out of the car and gets Meria from the back seat. “You ready babe?”

“Yes let’s go see Mommy.” Meria says taking Brian’s hand in her small one. Brain leads the crowd of friends to the grave where his heart and love was buried four years ago. No one said a word for a moment as they looked down at the black marble stone grave that read,

Marshay Meria Hall 1982-2009
A loving friend, daughter, sister and lover
My hearts always with you now


Val walked up to the head stone and placed a purple rose on the ground, “I miss ya Mar…” Val whispered so she could only hear her words. Matt then stepped up and set a purple rose next to his wife’s, “I’m always thinking about you babe.” He says quickly wiping a tear from his eye. The rest of the gang follow suite and soon it's just Brian and Meria left with flowers. “We’ll wait by the car.” Matt tells Brain.

“No…we’ll be okay go head home with the gang I-" Matt cut Brian off.

“How you getting home?”

“I’ll call someone…I’ll be okay Matt I promise.” Brian says seeing the doubt in his friend eyes.

“Okay man.” Matt leaves and it’s just Brian, his daughter, and the women he will always love.

Brian sits down on the ground and Meria sits in his lap, “Daddy why did mommy leave us?” Meria asks.

Brian looks down at the little girl in his arms that looks so much like Marshay, “Baby mommy left us because God said it was her time to go.”

“But she could have stayed?”

“No she couldn’t stay…you see mommy knew that when she left I’d be very sad-”

“Cause you loved her right?”

Brian nodded his head, “Yes I loved your mommy very much and I still love her.”

“Did she love me?”

Brian took a deep breath, “Baby your mommy loved you so much…she loved you more than the color purple!”

Meria eye’s got big and round as a dinner plate, “Really?! Wow she must have loved me a lot huh?”

“Yep, but you know what?”

“What?”

“I love you that much times a life time.”

“Really?! Well I love you daddy that much and…and…and um, a lot of my teddy bears!”

Brian couldn’t help but laugh at his daughter’s pureness. “Baby that’s a lot of love we share.”

“Yep!” Meria says with a smile on her face, but it soon disappears. Meria gets off of Brian’s lap and goes right up to her mother’s grave, “Mommy I love you just as much as daddy. I know that I have never seen you, but I can still love you. I want you to know that no matter what I will make sure daddy stays happy and is never sad…never ever okay? Okay mommy I think you need to talk to daddy now.” Meria says quietly so her daddy can’t hear her words to her mommy. Meria places the rose on top of her mother headstone and places a kiss next to her name. In that moment of time between the talk, the kiss, the looks, and the tears Brian and Meria both see the one thing they wish for all the time at night. There walking towards the two is Marshay, her eyes brighter than any sea, her smile happier than any song, her face more beautiful then Brian could even remember. “Mommy!” Meria cried throwing her arms around the women’s legs, her arm’s didn’t fall through. She was there standing there….Marshay.

Brian couldn’t stop the tears from falling as he watched the women he loved so much pick up their daughter and hold her tight. “Shh Meria don’t cry it’s okay. You're okay.” Mar’s voice soothed.

The child looked up at her mother and she saw her eyes, “We have the same eyes!” she said.

“Yes and the same name too.” Meria was so happy she forgot all about her dad who was still sitting on the ground in tears…in shock.

“Mommy are you staying?”

“No…I’m sorry baby I can’t.”

“Why not?” Brian’s voice broke the little moment.

Mar looked down at the man she loved with tears in his eyes, “You know why Brian…I’m here to finally say goodbye, the right way to both of you.” Brian stood up and walked over to Marshay and his daughter. He reached out and touched Mar’s cheek softly afraid this was all a dream and she would disappear. She leaned into his touch and he knew she was real if only for the time being. Brian pulled Marshay into a hug and crashed his lips into hers in a passionate last time to say goodbye kiss. Brian pulled away at the sound of Meria’s voice, “Ewe!” she says covering her eyes with her little hands.

“Sorry baby.” Brian mummers. Mar looks into Brian’s eyes and he licks his lower lip, “Miss you sevenfold.” Brian says kissing her lips softly.

“Are you done?” Meria asks.

“Yes we’re done.” Mar says.

Brian looks at his love and smiles, “My prayers have made it through?” Brian asks and Mar nods her head.

“Yeah.” She says and kisses Meria on the cheek handing her over to Brian.

“Will I see you again Mommy?” Meria asks.

“Not until you are super old.” Mar says.

“Oh like daddy?” Meria asks causing Brian to gaps in fake hurt and Mar to laugh.

“I’m not old!” Brian says.

“Babe I mean older than your P-pop okay? Daddy is still young.” Mar says with a smile still laughing a little.

“Okay…hehe sorry daddy!” Meria says kissing her daddy on the cheek.

“Yeah I know you are.” Brian laughs rolling his eyes.

Marshay looks back at an unseen force and a tear falls from her eye, “I’ll look after you two all the time, don’t do anything stupid and make sure you keep each other happy! Meria don’t drive your daddy crazy and Brian you keep her in check got it?” she asks with a sad smile.

“It don’t matter when I’m coming home to you?” Brian asks so only Mar will get the real meaning.

“And with all that we’ve been through-”

Meria cuts her mom off, “After all this time I’m coming home to you!” she sings and her parents both smile,

“You know our song?” Brian says shocked and happy.

“Yep I like that song!” Meria says.

“I love you, both of you.” Mar says and she slowly fades away from her families’ sight.

“I think that was the best visit ever!” Meria says hugging her dad.

“Yea it was wasn’t it?”

“Next time I think we should sing to her!” Brian smiles and nods,

“I think Mommy would like that very much.” Brain says and he pulls out his cell phone calling the only person who will believe what he just saw. “Hey Matt can you come pick us up now?”

“Yeah man be there in a bit.”

“Okay bye.” Brian hung up his cell and looked down at his daughter, I’m making it through it’s been far too long, we’ve proving our love over time’s so strong, in all that we do… Brian hummed to himself and smiled, My hearts always with you now…babe you weren’t kidding Matt pulls up in his SUV and Brian puts Meria in her car seat then gets in himself, “Man do I have some things to tell you.” Brain says and tells Matt everything over some ice cream.

“Wow man I guess after all this she finally came home to you." Matt states and Brian just smiles placing a kiss on Meria forehead.

“She’ll always be here.” Brian says smiling down at his pride and joy. She'll be here forever and a lots of years forever as said in Meria’s words.