‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

Another Night Waiting For Someone To Take Me Home

"Dad, we got nominated!", I squealed and launched myself onto him. i wrapped my arm around my neck and my legs locked on his waist. "We got it!"

"A nomination? on?"

I pulled away and grinned ear to ear. "VMAs! can't you believe that!?"

Dad kissed my cheek and put me down. "Congratulations, AJ. i'm so proud of you."

"I know you would and--" she pulled out an envelope. "ATL is invited too!"

"Wow.", Dad huffed.

I crooked my head to the side and narrowed my eyes. "Dad? you okay? i thought you said that you would do this things as long as it make sense!"

Dad just stayed quiet and i rolled my eyes. seeing there's no argument, i walked out from the living room and up to my room. i slammed the door close and threw the envelope onto my desk. the sun ray shines into my room. i walked closer to the window and sat on the cushions on the window edge. Jeremy was mowing the lawn while dancing like a goofball he was.

"Abby Bear."

I looked to the door way and aunt May was there. she was holding a tray with a plate of brownies and a glass of milk on it. "I got you snacks."

"Thanks, aunt May.", i mumbled as i watched her placed the tray on my bedside table. she walked towards me and sat beside me.

"Would you tell me what's wrong with your dad?"

"He acted weird.", i sighed. "I mean, he should be happy kids these days still listens to ATL."

"He's happy, bear. all of them are happy about it, but that's not why he was acting weirdly."

I raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"i mean, he worried about you being self centered. he doesn't want to lose his innocent little Abby Jean."

That haven't flash my mind yet. maybe Aunt May was right. dad scared of losing me. he told me before how mom would take me away with law. i shuddered on that thought. "But he doesn't need to be creepy and phsychotic!"

Aunt May shook her head and giggled. "Abby Jean, you need to understand him. your grandfather was pale when your dad told him that he loves your mom."
*************************
Ryane zipped up my skirt and smiled. "You look awesome, AJ."

"Thanks.", i grinned. tonight was the night of the VMAs and i was wearing a white loose tanktop and high waist black skirt. to top it off, i wore the Heatherette heels aunt Ashlee bought for me. "You ready, Stell?"

"Yeah.", Stella came out from the closet and ruffled her brown hair a bit. "Let's go."

tonight we took dates. Stella was going with Jeremy, Ryane was going with no one, and i was going with Jason since we went official three weeks ago. we had separated limo from our parents and i have privacy with Jason.

"Thanks for picking me to be your date.", Jason told me quietly as he played with my hand.

"Of course, i mean, why should i pick anybody else?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. i think your dad doesn't want us to be together."

"Jason, this is my life. he doesn't have any say about this."

He smiled and leaned closer. "You're awesome, you know that?"

When we arrived at the venue and the limo's door was opened, the flash and blitz blinded our eyes. "Kill The Man!", we heard press and fans shouted as we stepped out. we walked down the red carpet and into the venue. it was amazing inside and we found our seats. when the show started, all i could do was giggled on whatever Jason said to me.

"Hey, do you wanna get out of here?", Jason whispered on the mid show.

I looked to him and grinned. "Where?"

"I don't know. i think we should just see where the night takes us."

He stood up and pulled me up, leading me out from the venue.
************************
"Jason? are you sure this is safe?", i asked him when he opened a gate into the lake. there was a "STAY OUT" sign on the wire gate.

"Yeah, me and my friends like to go out here for a fresh air."

He led me to the pier and it was dark out. all i could see was the reflection of the moon on the water and trees that caught the moon light. "Jason, i think we should go back."

I turned around and saw him right in front of me. i was surprised. he caught my waist and started to kissed my neck. "Jason! stop it!"

He didn't stop, he kept on sucking the skin of my neck and up to my jaw. i tried to push him off, but it's not working. he finally found my lips and started to unzip my skirt. "Jason!", i screeched, but he didn't bother it.
************************
ZACK'S P.O.V

"Where's Abby?", i asked when i realized Abby wasn't in her seat anymore, neither did Jason. Ryane stare blankly at the empty seats and we quickly stood up. we ran out from the venue and i pulled out my phone from my pocket. i tried to dialed Abby's number but it was out of range.

"I swear i didn't notice she was gone!", Ryane pulled some of her hair. "Where is she?"

"What's going on?", Alex asked as she caught his breath.

"Abby's gone! along with Jason!", i said through my teeth. she doesn't answer any of my calls, they went straight into voice mail.

Suddenly, Ryane's phone rang. she picked it up quickly and answered it. "Hello?....Abby!"

All of our spines were harden and we just stood froze on our spots as we waited for Ryane to hand the phone to me. when she did, i pressed the phone quickly on my ear.

"AJ!? Where are you?"

"Dad.", she croaked. her voice was sore and screechy. "Dad, help me."

"Where are you, AJ? I'm coming to get you!"

"The...Lake. not too far."

"Stay there, AJ."

My blood was rushing through my veins as we drove down to the lake. when we pulled aside, i saw that Jason kid, buckling his belt. no. he did not just do it. i quickly got out from the car and walked towards that kid. "What did you do?!"

His face went pale and his legs were shaking. "What--What do you mean?"

"Where's Abby?!", i clutched some piece of his collar. "Where is she?"

"On--On the---Pier.", he stuttered.

I glanced at the girls and they nodded, running towards the pier, while the rest of the guys helped me here. "You're dead."