‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

If I Strum Chords,Would You Sing A Song With Me?

Dad told me to pack up my things because we're going back to California. he said he won't give me up even though he have to lose his fame. i looked at aunt May as she helped me pack my stuff. fear and sadness drawn on her face.

"Aunt May,please don't be sad."

She looked up to me and smiled weakly. "I'm scared, Abby Jean. i'm scared that Juliet would take you away for real."

I got off from the bed and hugged her. "I won't let her take me away from you guys. dad promised me that too."

After we packed all the stuff from my closet and zipped up my suit case, Aunt May gave me my PJs. it was a long day and tomorrow would be my last day in Towson. i didn't bother to close the curtain because i wanted to see Towson's moon for the last time.

"AJ? Are you asleep?"

I turned around and shook my head. "Not yet, dad."

Dad sat on the edge of the bed and sighed. "I'm sorry we have to go back to Cali."

"I know this is for our own good, for my own good, so i'm not mad."

"I know you will miss grandma, May, Joe, Jeremy, Jack, and the others."

"I will.", i nodded and looked around the room. "Have you been into this room when you were with mom?"

Dad looked around the room and a small smile appeared on his lips, followed by a chuckle. "Yeah, i've been into this room, a lot of time. actually, you were made here. on this bed."

"Ew! dad! gross!", i covered my ears. "Stop it! i don't wanna hear how you guys made me!"

"You asked me, AJ.", Dad laughed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"But not that part.", i mumbled. "I'm gonna miss this room."

"I know, but don't you miss Cali? i missed it.", Dad rested his head on the top of my head.

I sighed. "I missed it, and i think Luke would love it there."

Dad glanced at the Golden Retriever who was laying down on the carpet beside my bed. "After all of this are done, we could go back into the studio, wrap up another album."

"Dad, i have a request."

"Spit it out.", he chuckled.

I looked down to my hands and bit my lips. "I want to do a few ATL covers, but with you. acoustic versions."

His eyes widened and wrapped me tighter. "Of course. i'll do anything for you, Abby."

"Thanks, daddy."
**********************
"Don't forget to call me! we still have two freaking months before the fall tour!", Ryane freaked out as she hugged me tightly.

"Okay, Ry, but please let me live."

She let go of me and wiped a tear in the corner of her eyes. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too, AJ!", Stella hugged my side. "Who's gonna be the one who take me to the movies every friday night?"

"I'm sure Jeremy would.", i laughed at her behavior.

Grandma walked towards me and embraced me in a tight hug. "I'll miss you, Abby Jean."

"I'll miss you too, Grandma. every second."

"Ready, AJ?", Dad asked me as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "We gotta catch that flight."

I nodded. "Yeah.", i looked to every one. this is my family. "Bye guys."
************************
I sat on the warm sand with my sketch book on my lap. the things that happened for the past month was frightening and i usually have nightmares from them. from the one happened with Jason to my mom. it just swirls around my head and haunt me.

"Luke!", i called my dog and he ran towards me, launched himself on me, made me fell back to the sand. "Luke! you naught boy!"

He barked once and licked my face. i sat up and took a glance of my sketch book. i was drawing a sketch of the ocean and honestly, it was amazing.

"Abby?"

I looked up and saw those piercing blue eyes from my nightmare. my whole body frozen on that spot. i want to scream but it felt like someone tighten my vocal chords.

"Jason?"