‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

You Can Sit Beside Me When The World Comes Down

ZACK'S P.O.V

I stood outside the courtroom with Joe's friend, Tyler, who was a lawyer. thoughts what would happen inside swirled and tossed around my mind. the judge would see Juliet as the mom and has the right to take Abby away, but the judge don't know that she wasn't here for 14 years of Abby's life.

"Dude.", Tyler nudged my ribs. "It's time."

I nodded and followed him into the courtroom. i could see my parents, the Barakats, and the rest of the guys, along with their wifes. the air that came into my throat were tight, like it won't go down to my lungs.

"Mr. Merrick, could you take your seat so we could start?", the Judge asked me. i nodded and took my seat, next to Tyler, in front of the Judge. Juliet and her lawyer sat on the other side and i could see her smirking deviously.

"So, you're both here to fight for the custody of Abigail Jean Merrick, is that right?", Judge Williams pushed up her thin glasses up to her nose.

"That's right, your honor.", Tyler answered, so does Juliet's lawyer.

"Well, all i know is Abigail had been living with her father for the past 14 years, is that right, Mr. Merrick?"

"Yes.", i nodded. "She had been living with me, and going on tour with the rest of us for her whole life."

"Where were you for that time, Miss Barakat?", the judge turned to Juliet. i looked over to her and her face went pale.

"I've been traveling the world, your honor."

"Traveling?", the judge scoffed. "You have a child to take care off,but you just went traveling?"

Juliet looked down to her hands. "Yes, yes i was."

"I think we already know the result."

"No, your honor!", Juliet stood up. "Can you just consider?"

The judge raised a brow. "Consider? consider about what? you left this girl,your own daughter,for 14 years,miss Barakat."

"Can you just, give me a trial to take care of her?", she pleaded.

"No, she can't!", i shot up and glared at Juliet. "You can't take Abby away."

"Shut up, Zack!", She screeched. "She's my daughter, too!"

"Enough!", the judge pound her gavel. "I'm sorry, Miss Barakat, but you have lost. you only can meet Abby with an arrange time with her father. that's all.", the judge walked out.

ABBY'S P.O.V

I stayed home with Luke and my friends. Ryane flickered through every channel my cable has while she bit her nails. Jeremy was sitting on the window edge with my acoustic on his lap, strumming away.

"How do you think it'll end up?", Stella asked, breaking the silent. "You know, the court."

"Stella.", Jeremy hissed.

"No, it's okay.", i mumbled. "I hope dad is doing his best to keep me."

Suddenly, the sound of the front door opening and closing was heard. i shot up from the bed and ran out from my room.

"Dad!", i tackled him into a hug. "How was it?"

"We won, AJ."

I looked up to him, and he was grinning down on me. i squealed and hugged him tighter. "I love you, Daddy!"

"But..."

"What?", i pulled away. "But what?"

"The judge thought that it would be best to give your mom a time with you, Abby."

"So, you mean.."

Dad sighed. "You could hang out with mom for just a day, you know, get to know each other."

I fell back to the couch and my mouth were hanging open. "You gotta be kidding me, right dad?"

"No. i'm not joking."

Then, the brown haired woman came into the living room with a nervous face all over. "Hi, Abby Jean."
♠ ♠ ♠
a short filler!