‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

Check Yes Juliet,I'll Be Waiting

"Don't you look dashing?!", I squealed when i saw dad walked out of his room. "Daddy, you look awesome."

"Oh, come on, AJ.", he chuckled. "I can't believe i still look the same, 16 years ago."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him to the foyer, faced him to the big plate mirror. he was wearing his plaid shirt, the one he wore in ATL's Damned video, his own jeans and signature dunks. i still can't believe he's my dad, he looked like he was only in mid twenties, his face doesn't change a bit, even a tiiiiiny bit, so it's weird when people thought that he's my boyfriend. bah.

"So, dad, are you ready?"

"I don't know, kinda nervous."

"Awwww.", I cooed and straight his shirt out with my hand. "You'll be fine, dad. nail her like you did 20 years ago."

"You sounded disgusting.", he rolled his eyes and took his hoodie from the coat closet. "Don't go out to parties or whatever, just stay home."

I nodded. "I know, just go.", i pushed him out and closed the door.

ZACK'S P.O.V

I knocked the door to Juliet's apartment. Abby decided that we should stay on different places, and i took her idea. it's been 14 years since i've done this, and honestly, i never thought of dating since i have Abby. when you have a kid, you kind of forgot about everything else. Juliet didn't know about this, Abby thought it would be great to make it as a surprise.

A quiet thud as the footsteps inside walked towards the door. i took a sharp breath and my chest pounded as my heart accelerated. the door swung open and suddenly, my heart skipped a beat and a lump rose in my throat.

"Are you here to see Juliet?", the guy asked. i nodded stiffly and i could see Juliet from the inside, staring widely in fear.

"Zack, what are you doing here?", Juliet asked when she was on the doorway too. "Is Abby okay?"

I eyed the guy and Juliet noticed. "Uhm, Will, can you go inside? i need to talk in private."

"Okay.", "Will" sighed and kissed Juliet's cheek on his way. Juliet closed the door and sighed.

"What is it, Zack?"

"You know, i was here cause' our daughter begged me to just make up with you, but i didn't see there's no place for me in your life anymore."

"It's not like that."

"Seriously?", i scoffed. "I thought you were still the same Juliet Barakat i knew since 20 years ago, and have a kid with."

Her eyes started to went glassy. i never can't stand to see a girl crying in front of me, but i guess, this was different. "I'm sorry, Zack. i'm really sorry."

"You could tell that to Abby, cause' we're going home tonight and there's nothing you could do anymore to see her."

"No, you can't do that!", she screeched.

"Oh, yeah, i could do it. remember i have the custody of her?"

She shook her head hardly and her eyes were bloodshot red from the tears. "She's mine, Zack, i'm her mom."

"It doesn't change anything, though."

"Zack, please.", she knelt in front of me, clutching some of piece of my shirt. "Just let me see her again."

It was heartbreaking to see her beg like this, but i just need my Juliet back. the warm, funny, caring, sweet, motherly Juliet, not the ho bag Juliet.

"I'm sorry, Juju.", her nickname felt weird on my tongue, maybe because i haven't say it for almost 15 years. I pulled her hands off and turned around, walking away, leaving her sobbing and crying out my name.

ABBY'S P.O.V

"Abby Jean?", dad asked. i kept on quiet and looked out from the plane's small window. i was hurt, my heart hurts. i couldn't believe that mom lied to me about her feelings for dad, she fucked another guy.

"Abby, i know you're upset with your mom, well me too, but blame her and don't punish me for something i didn't do."

I turned my head around and smiled weakly at dad. "No, i'm not mad at you, dad, i just need sometime to absorb all of this."

"I know, it's hard to get this all sink in, but you need to know that you don't have anything to do with me and your mom. you have all of your future spread in front of you."

"Dad, i want my parents to be together again, but after all of this, i think i know what i want."

"And what is it?"

"I don't want to meet mom anymore."