‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

Where Did I Go Wrong? I lost A Friend

I threw the ball high and Luke caught it. he ran back to me with the slimy tennis ball in his mouth. "Good boy.", i giggled and stroked his neck. I looked around the park and it was crowded, not the usual scene. it was the day before my parent's wedding and i need to get away from mom for just a day. she was stressing out the little things and i got the blame. perfect.

Luke's barking snapped me from my thoughts, and when i stood up, i saw Jason and a girl, flirting each other on a bench. jealousy filled my lungs and throat, so my breath stuck in it. tears welling up on my eyes and i held back the sobs. before he could see me, i pulled Luke out of the park and ran back to grandma's house.

Tears fell down as i ran, with Luke beside me. i passed the Dawsons' house and i saw aunt Kara on the porch. she waved her hands but i didn't wave back, i just kept on running. my little heart told me that she would call mom or dad, tell them that something's wrong with me, but let them know. maybe dad would laugh at me to believe Jason that easily.

I just keep on running until i reached downtown Baltimore. i slowed down my pace and tighten Luke's leash. the cool wind blew through me and i realized, this was a stupid thing to do. i should ask Jason first, get the truth, not running away like this. i sat on a bench and sighed. my legs felt like they would fall off in just a minute from all the running.

"Now what?", i muttered. i looked around and suddenly, i looked up. my eyes widened to see the street sign. it says "Thames Street" and "South Broadway". i giggled to see it and Six Feet Under The Stars quickly flashed by my mind and tickled my tongue to sing it. i stood up and clapped my hands a bit. a few passers looked at me weirdly, but i didn't bother them.

Meet me on Thames Street
I'll take you out
Though I'm hardly worth your time
In the cold, you look so fierce
But I'm warming up
Because the tension's like a fire
We'll hit South Broadway in a matter of minutes
And like a bad movie, I'll drop a line
Fall in the grave I've been digging myself
But there's room for two
Six feet under the stars


When i was done, a group of kids my age stopped at their tracks and stare at me. i cleared my throat and looked down because pink bursts appeared on my cheeks.

"Oh my god, you're one of the ATL kids!", one of the girls squealed.

"Yeah..."

"So lucky. you're the bassist for Kill The Man, right?"

I nodded. the guys' eyes trailed down to my body and i fumed, but just kept it all to myself. then, the image of Jason and that girl filled my mind again, it made me feel wanted to play around. "We saw you on the tour you had this summer, you were awesome."

"Thank you. it means so much.", i smiled.

"I'm curious, why you canceled the tour?"

"Family problem."

They nodded and i gave each of them a hug. after they walked away, my phone rang. i pulled it out from my pocket and almost choked myself to see Jason's face on the screen. my fingers itched to tap the "answer" but my heart won't allow them. i tapped "ignore" then put it back into my pocket. it kept vibrating and ringing for the hours i walked around Baltimore. i ended up in a diner. God bless the owner, who allowed Luke in because he love dogs. even, Luke was playing around with his dog.

I sat on the booth in the corner, besides the window. the owner, Archie, gave me a free milkshake for bringing Luke in. wow. i put my phone on the table and saw i have 20 missed calls. i rolled my eyes and checked the messages, i have 20 messages too.

"Abby,where are you? call me back!, Jason's voice made my eyes glassy again. i sniffled and held back the sobs as i opened the next message.

"Abby, i just went to your house and your mom told me you were taking Luke for a walk. can you call me back?

"AJ, please pick up. where are you? i'm worry about you, please."

"Is it something i did? please pick up, Abby, we could talk about it."

"Abby Jean, please pick up. i love you.

And the rest of the messages were the same. i really don't need anymore drama for the day. after i finished my milkshake, i said goodbye to Archie and he gave me an encouraging hug. i took the bus back to Towson and when i got off from the bus stop, Jason was there, waiting.

"Where were you, Abby?", he pulled me into a hug. "I thought i lost you."

"Jason.", i pushed him back. "We're done."

"What?", his brows arched. "What do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips. "I saw you with that girl at the park. i'm not an idiot."

His eyes hardened when i said those words. i scoffed and walked away. it was already dark when i reached grandma's house and i could hear the laughter coming from inside.

"I'm home.", i called out.

"Abby!", Ryane, only wearing a tanktop and PJ pants, pulled me and Luke to the living room. everyone was there, but not the guys'. only girls. aunt Dana insisted this to be traditional, so the bride and groom couldn't see each other a night before the wedding. the guys' stayed at the Gaskarths', and the girls' stayed here, in grandma's house.

"Honey, where were you?", mom asked as i sat down beside her and she wrapped her arms around me. "Jason came here, asking me where you were."

"I went to downtown."

"What? what for?"

I let go all of my tears i held back the whole day and mom rocked me back and forward. "Tell me what's wrong, AJ."

I shook my heads and mom understood. she just keep rocking me until i fell asleep in her arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jason Dinda asked for his picture and there! but in the story he has green eyes,but not in the picture,hm,i can't find a guy that looks exactly like him,and that picture is a perfect cloning of Jason in my imagination...again,except the eyes:|