Status: Finished

I Eat Cupcakes For Breakfast

Back Off Jerk face!

August's P.O.V

I walk over to the couch and sit on it. You couldn't feel the springs. I grin and sit back. Nate chuckles and sits on a recliner. I just sit there enjoying this comfy couch. Nate just looks at me, but I ignore him. This couch is Heaven. Nate sighs.

"Why do you have this dreamy look on your face?"He asks me. I laugh.

"This couch is Heaven. You cant feel the springs!" I say happily closing my eyes. Soon I drift off to sleep.

****************************************************************

Nate's P.O.V.

She drifts off to sleep and I chuckle. She's not used to a comfy couch. I wonder what will happen when I show her my tempropedic matress. I laugh quietly to myself and fix August so she's laying down. I grab the throw blanket and cover her up. She is smiling softly. She's adorable. I walk out of the den and into the kitchen. Eddie is eating a sandwhich.

"Who's the chick?"He asks, with his mouth full. I roll my eyes.

"Her name is August. August Rogers. And please be respectful. She's been through a lot." I tell him. My voice serious. He raises his eyebrows.

"What has she been through? Oh my god, what did you do?! Rape the poor girl?" He asks jokingly. I roll my eyes again.

"No. Her mom died when she was six and her dad started drinking, bringing home girls, and beating her. Still does. So today she decided to run away. And she called me." I explain to him. His eyes are wide.

"The bastard beat her?!" He asks, food falling out of his mouth. I frown and nod.

"Is it okay if she stays with us for...awhile?" I ask him. He nods.

"Yeah. She can...I dunno where. For now I'll blow up the blow up matress and you can have that and she can have your bed." He tells me. I nod.

"Okay. Thanks bro. And please, no hitting on her. At least not untill she gets comfortable." I tell him laughing. He rolls his eyes and nods.

"Will do. I'll go blow up the matress. Carry her up to your room, will ya?" He asks.

"Mmmkay." I say walking back into the den. August is frowning and is crying. I start to panic and pick her up carefully. Trying not to wake her up. I walk upstairs and into my largish room and set her on my bed. She stops crying right when I set her down. I smile and cover her in the blankets. She stirs a little and wakes up. Her eyes flutter open and she smiles at me.

"This is a comfy bed. I like it." She whispers, forming a ball with her body. I smile and sit on the bed with her. I get under the covers and she snuggles into my side. I smile and wrap my arms around her.

"Thanks Nate." She whispers. I nod, expressionless face. She frowns.

"Nate?" She asks. I raise an eyebrow.

"Nate?" She asks again. I raise both eyebrows this time. She groans.

"Nateee?"

"What!?"

"Smile." She whispers. I roll my eyes and frown.

"Nate?" I don't answer.

"Nate?" Still dont

"Nate!!!"

"What?"

"Don't be grouchy." she says giggling. I groan.

"Your so icky." I mummble.

"Icky?"She asks laughing quietly. Almost not laughing at all.

"Yeah. Icky." I say smiling a little.

"Your so strange. You strango." She tells me. I raise an eyebrow.

"Strango?" She nods.

"So I can't say icky but you can say Strango? I find that unfair." I say smiling even more.

"Yes, I can say strango. I'm tired. Will you stay with me. I had a bad dream." She asks whispering.

"What was your dream about?" I question.

"My daddy." She whispers. Hatred in her voice. I nod.

"Yeah, I'll stay." I say laying down. She smiles.

"Thanks." She says laying her head on my shoulder closing her eyes. It's so weird being close to her. My heart beats unnaturally, and it's pretty freaking annoying, because I know she can hear it. I take deep breaths and then Eddie walks in.

He smirks at me. I roll my eyes and stick my tounge out at him.

"You like her." He whispers in a mocking voice. I shake my head no.

"Nooo.." I say closing my eyes.

"Yeah...I doubt that. But do I need to have the talk with you?..." He asks. My eyes widen.

"Dude! No. I had the with the rents' like five years ago." I say with disgust in my voice. He grins and walks out. I sigh and close my eyes laying my head on August's. Hoping sleep will overcome me.

But I'm not that lucky.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When I wake up August is in my arms. It's Monday morning. Which means school. I groan and shake August.

"August...wake up." I mummble nudging her. Her eyes open slowly and she looks up at me.

"Huh?" She asks. Her voice filled with confusion.

"School." I mutter. She scrunches her nose.

"Lets skip." She says tiredly. I raise an eyebrow.

"Skip?"

"Yeah. I'm tired and I still hurt from Friday. And my dad expects me to be at school. He'll track me down. Just today. Please." She asks begging. I roll my eyes.

"Fine." I say closing my eyes again and falling back to sleep. She follows me.

****************************************************************

August's P.O.V.

When I wake up again, Nate is still sleeping. I smile. He's adorable when he's sleeping. I lay my head against his chest and listen to his heart beat. It's normal and slow. I close my eyes, listening to the calming noise.

I hate to Admit this but.....

I like Nate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. and a filler. I need ideas. Writers block. GAAAAA! I need ideas. If you have any, message me or leave me a comment. I would love the help.