Status: Active

Once in a Blue Moon, You Find Your Soul Mate. Around Werewolves It Happens More

What Kind of Proof? 2

I sat across from my perfect stranger, not caring what would happen to me. He looked at me as if he was trying to soak up every aspect about me, I giggled to break the silence. He grinned as the waitress brought us our drinks. I got a chocolate milk shake.

"So, Keira. That's a pretty name." he smiled, "What made you come to Forks?"

I shrugged, "I guess my mom and I needed a change of scenery." I took a sip of my milkshake; brain freeze. I closed my eyes, clenching my fist.

"You ok?" he asked concerned. I nodded as I opened my eyes again. There was something about the way he looked at me, like I was the only thing that mattered in his world.

"I have a question now," I ventured confidently, "How is it that I couldn't stop thinking about you the whole day? Even after one look." He looked down at his Coke, and gave me a goofy look.

"You've been thinking about me?" he asked, suddenly seeming boyish and less dangerous. I laughed heartily.

"Don't get cocky." I joked.

"But its true," he said triumphantly as I blushed. "Well I think know what is going on. I imprinted on you."

"What?" I asked totally confused. If this wasn't the same guy, I was sure I would kick his ass and leave him for dead. I just can't understand why I trust him so much?

"We are soul mates, there is a powerful and unseen attraction that pulls us together." he explained with a straight face. I laughed bluntly, thinking anything like that was ridiculous. I snorted in my fit of laughter, how mortifying! It didn't seem to bother Jacob though, "You don't believe me?"

I shrugged slightly embarrassed how he took the explanation seriously, "Well I think its a little weird, but makes sense. I mean, I only saw you once and I couldn't even look at any other guy. The idea of soul mates just sounds so permanent."

"Well if you want, I can give you proof?" he suggested.

I smirked seductively, "It depends, what kind of proof?"

----*----*----

I walked into a very quaint cottage, I was guessing this was his friend, Sam's house. I don't know what made me believe what made me jump on the motorcycle with him. He took me into a nearby town called La Push, it was very woody. The ride wasn't as long as it felt; the trees gave the winding mountain pass a certain beauty that lasted forever. Not to mention the hot guy's torso that I clung on for dear life. He went super fast! I was confident that I could control his bike with my power if it lost control, but Jacob knew what he was doing.

Jacob sat down at the kitchen table, it looked big enough for a small army. Large pots and pans hung from the various hooks and notches on the walls. I stood still as I heard a car pull up and stop abruptly. A tall bulky man stormed through the screen door, he looked pissed off.

"What do you think you're doing?" he barked at Jacob. I don't think he was supposed to bring me here.

"I needed to talk to you and Emily about something." Jacob calmly informed. A woman walked in, as if on cue. She was stunning, her golden complexion and long honey colored hair gave was picturesque. Three scars ran diagonally across her face, the only imperfection.

The woman who I guessed to be Emily walked in and put a large pot on the stove as she lit a fire. She looked at Jacob and then to me, "About the imprinting?"

"Yes." Jacob's deep smooth voice responded. Sam looked at Emily and his face softened.

"Oh." was all he could use as an apology.

"Hey, I'm Keira." I spoke up, trying to include my self in this conversation. Emily looked up from chopping veggies and smiled warmly.

"Hello, I'm Sam's wife Emily." she said sweetly, "This is Sam." The older guy waved and grinned finally realizing that I was actually in the room.

"Do you believe what he told you about imprinting?" he asked while gesturing a seat in between him and Jacob.

"Yeah, but I don't understand it. Is this a native tradition or legend that I don't know?" I asked hoping that I didn't disrespect them. Sam and Jacob chuckled lightly.

Jacob held my hand, it was warmer than what Alice's grip was (well she was a vampire), "I am going to tell you my secret. I know we have only just met but I trust you. This mustn't be told to anyone." he said in a tone I couldn't even defy. I nodded, how many secrets will I learn today?

"Go ahead. I promise." I assured, Jacob looked at me then to Sam.

With a deep breath Jacob said, "I am a werewolf." My eyes stayed locked with his looking for any slight reason to doubt him, but none came. "Werewolves imprint on the one person that is the perfect match for them, in all aspects. It is an attraction that pulls us together, Emily and Sam are the same way. We are evenly matched and perfect for each other, mind, body and soul." He looked at me as if I was going to run out the door and 'cry wolf'. I didn't.

"Aren't werewolfs and vampires mortal enemies?" I asked changing the subject. Jacob and Sam looked at me funnily.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Sam questioned with a even tone.

"I was just wondering." I lied, Jake saw through the lie.

"She met the Cullens. Did they tell you what they are?" he told Sam then directed his question at me.

"Yes, they told me they were vampires." I confirmed, unaware of why Jake needed to know.

"Isn't that against the treaty?" Jacob asked Sam, suddenly enraged. "Why would they tell anyone but Bella now?"

"Wait Bella knows?" I interrupted. This was all happening to all at once. Looks like Washington has everything you need to start a horror film: vampires, werewolfs and witches.

"Yeah she and that leech are engaged." Jacob growled. His eyes were filled with anger and hate, mortal enemy problem or something else?

"Keira, do you know why they told you about them?" Sam asked urgently. I braced myself for the worst.

"One of the guys, Edward, was reading my thoughts, so I blocked him out. You see I am a witch." I slammed my eyes shut waiting for the torch and angry mob of people. I slightly opened them up when I didn't hear anything. Sam and Jacob looked at me as if I was a superstar, awe struck and frozen. *chirp chirp*

"Well that's the first." Sam broke the silence. Jacob looked at me in a whole different light, but in a good way.

"So they were just a surprised to know you as us?" Jacob asked leaning in closer to me. I blushed.

"I think so. Edward kinda wanted me to show him my powers." I shrugged, slightly worried what I was getting myself into.

"Powers? I heard of witches only able to have one ability." Emily suddenly added.

I shook my head, "It depends on the lines, the purest have the most power."

"So what can you do?" Jacob asked putting his hand around my waist. My hand was warmer bye few degrees just by holding hands with him.

"I am a telepathic technopath." I said proudly. I pointed at the TV, the screen flickered on and the volume steadily rose from mute.

Jacob chuckled, "You sure you don't have the remote?" I put my hands up defensively; Jacob went in to squeeze my sides. I screamed and ran away from him, giggling in the process. I ended up in the living room, rolling on the floor trying to get away from Jacob's ticklish attacks. Somehow Jacob pinned my wrists down and straddled my hips. I heard the back door slam open and shut as more people walked in. He smiled and his whole face lit up, those big black eyes looked so perfect. Our lips met, it was sweet and gentle. Just how a first kiss should be. I laughed, realizing that my body was numb from the kiss and his weight on top of me.

"Ouch, Jake. My hips are being crushed." I whined while hitting him in the shoulder. I heard those same people freeze and charge to where Jacob and I were. Four guys about the same size as Jake and Sam stood in the arch way.

"Sorry, bro." one of them said with a smirk. They filed out slowly, trying to get a glance at me because Jake was still on top of me. His back facing them.

"Are they werewolfs too?" I whispered. He nodded blushing as he got off of me, I reached for his hands to pull me up. He pulled me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Hey, let me down. I'll make your alarm wake you up at 2 every morning." I threatened. He didn't listen to me as he carted me over to his friends. All of them were huge! Maybe that's why they needed such a large table. Jacob put me down to meet all of his buddies. I grinned at the bulky figures, noticing a woman about Emily's age in the crowd. She looked slightly annoyed at my appearance.

"Hi." I said shyly. How many times do I have to introduce myself? "I'm Keira." The group couldn't stop grinning at me and Jacob.

The largest one nodded, "Paul"

"Seth" introduced a guy who was about fifteen. Quil and Embry were next. It was Quil that said something about what happened in the living-room. I glanced at the dark haired woman. She looked at me with jealousy and hatred.

Another one imprintedshe thought disgusted. I looked down at my feet, slightly embarrassed. How does everyone know about the imprinting? Unconsciously I moved towards Jacob, he took my hand again. I had gotten used to the feverish heat, I assume its from being a werewolf. It was way better than the temperature Alice and Edward were.

"Well time to eat." announced Emily. The smell of a fresh stew made me realize that I was hungry. I looked out the window, it was dark. Oh shit! Celia was going to flip.

"I'll be right back. I just have to check in with my mom." I excused myself and walked out the door to use my cell. Jacob watched me intently as I paced in the drive way.

I had no service in the mountains, but no worries. I used my power to tap into the land lines and call my house. It rang once,

"Hello?" I heard my mother on the other line. She sounded worried.

"Hey mom, its me." I started.

"Keira, where have you been?!" she shrieked, "I came home from work and saw your car wasn't there. I called Charlie and Bella to see if you were there, but you weren't." I held the phone away from my ear, she was still loud and clear. "I drove around town to find your car. Well I found it, but you were nowhere to be found! The hostess at the diner, she said you left with a guy on a motorcycle. I went to scry for you. But you were off the map! What do you think ran through my mind?!"

"Umm..." I added, but she cut me off with more ranting.

"Anything could have gotten you if you were that vulnerable. Remember what happened last time?" she continued, laying the guilt trip on me. How could I forget? Nadia, my biological sister, was taken by a demon who seduced me Larson. She was only 12, a year younger than me. He was a bounty hunter that needed my sister's power, she was telekinetic. I still think that she's alive, I think that I would have felt if it she died.

"Mom! Listen, I am okay." I shouted into the receiver. "I just remembered to call. So much is happening. There is a clan of werewolves and vampires here."

There was a pause.

"Are you sure?" Celia voiced her concern.

I nodded to give effect, even thought she can't see me, "Both sides know about me. I am with Jacob, the guy I got on the bike with. He's really sweet." I added. My mother gave a a sigh. I never got boy crazy, well besides when under that spell.

"I brought your car home. You need a ride?" she sighed again. I looked up at the now opened door, Jacob walked out and came by my side. He kissed my forehead, he was about a head taller. I smiled at him putting my finger to his lips.

"Lemme' check." I told her, "Can you give me a ride back?" Jacob nodded and pulled me into his arms. I felt very protected with him, it was nice.

Hours later I climbed off of his bike at my house. The breeze that came off the ocean didn't bother me, I had my personal space heater.

"I think I need to learn how to ride one of these." I laughed airily.

Jacob smiled, "We just have to get a helmet and jacket first."

"Really? I don't think I need that. I mean, I can practically tell it to go with out me actually riding it." I added as we walked up to my door. Celia already had roses and orchids planted in the flower boxes.

"Are you going to still hang out with Bella?" he asked seriously.

I shrugged sitting down on the bench, "Yeah I guess. Why?"

Jacob sat next to me, "I just wanted you to know, I had a thing for Bella. She was my first love. But its over, I have you now." He looked like a puppy looking for forgiveness.

"Jacob, you had a life before me. I am ok with that." I assured him. He took a sigh of relief.

"Umm, I also wish you wouldn't hang around the Cullens that much. You know about our issues."

"They are my friends, and if Bella trusts them why can't I?" I argued.

"I am sure that once they find out we're together, they'll back off." he sounded as if he wanted that to happen.

"So we're a couple?" I asked, forgetting about the whole imprinting thing.

"Yeah, well I figured since we get along so perfectly..." he apologized. I placed my hands on the sides of his face.

"Its ok, I want to be your girlfriend." I smiled and kissed him. I made a fish face and kissed him while my hands were still on his jaw. He chuckled.

"I'm glad I met you, Keira."