Status: when you start commenting, i'll start updating.

A Rollercoaster Kind of Rush

Not the first or the last. But you're possibly the prettiest

We were sophomores.

Waiting around for something was never my favorite hobby. And as the hours passed through the day, the sun peaking, then dropping just the same, I felt myself become incredibly irritated. I was sick and tired of being let down time after time, just to be sweet talked into a better mood. If there was anything Evan Trupp was an expert at, it was sweet talking his way out of trouble. It was his undeniable charm.

I laid in my bed for hours, in my gray sweatpants and one of his Hockey Alaska hoodies that still smelt just like him. Evan promised. He told me that we were going to spend all day in bed, watching Aladdin, just so we could sing 'A Whole New World' together like always. You would think I got used to the let down, disappointed feeling I get what seems to be every day, but each time, it stung just as much as it did the time before.

Throughout the day, I contemplating on calling one of his teammates to hang out. I knew how much that made Evan jealous, turning him completely green until I could convince him that he's the only one for me. But I didn't. Because I didn't want to fight with Evan, that always hurt more than the feeling of rejection that came around when he blew me off like this.

All of our friends constantly reminded me of how I did everything for him and got nothing in return. But they didn't have to bring it up for me to remember. It was already hidden in the back of my head, setting off an alarm to remind me every day. The truth is, is that I would do anything for Evan, even if I wasn't going to get anything back. I liked going to his games and cheering for him, making me proud every time he made a pretty play, or every time he got the puck in the back of the net. I didn't mind picking him up from random parties and bars on nights before big exams. Because if Evan was willing to admit that he needed me there for him, that was enough. I just want to be all he wants and needs.

So I sat in bed alone. The cheesy, but oh so classic Disney movies ended just as quickly as the hours did, spanning from ten am, the time he was supposedly showing up with breakfast, to ten pm, when my eyes were slowly closing from emotional exhaustion. I wasn't going to cry though, I didn't feel the need to. Too many times I've cried over Evan Trupp, and I was done.

While I promised myself not to cry, I knew it would probably all come out eventually, leaving empty and hallow promises. But I guess I'm used to those. Running my fingers through my long hair, I sighed, casting my eyes out the window beside my bed. It was pitch black out, the sun setting much earlier in the winter, with no sign of headlights pulling into the driveway of the duplex.

Shaking my head, I turned the volume of the TV down to where I could barely hear it, just in case Evan did decide to show up, I would hear him come in the door. Soon enough, I drifted off to sleep with the sounds of The Little Mermaid softly floating through the airwaves.

In my blissful state of mind during my slumber, all of my worries washed away, leaving my mind for just a few hours. It was a place where not even Evan could ruin my happiest moments as they replayed in my head. Fuzzy dreams took over, sending Evan far, far away, to a place I would never imagine going.

That all ended when the bed sank in beside my stomach, snapping my eyes open with the shift of my body as the mattress moved under me. My eyes slowly adjusted to the dark room, the only light was streaming through the half open door and glowing from the television a few feet away.

Evan's fingers brushed lightly across my cheekbone as he leaned down, kissing my hair softly.

"Ev, you promised," I whispered, my voice still hoarse from sleep. He sighed into my hair, the warmth of his breath almost giving me goosebumps.

"I know babe, I'm sorry," he said just as quietly. "But some team stuff came up." I fought the urge to roll my eyes. While I would never make Evan pick me over his dream to play hockey, he sure did ditch me a lot for it.

"You could have called," I mumbled, pushing my face into the soft fabric of my pillow. Hearing Evan sigh, I closed my eyes and let out a long, silent breath of air.

"I know, I just didn't think of it, I'm sorry baby," he tried once again, weaving his fingers through my hair. "Are you mad at me?" He murmured, leaning down to press his lips against my hair. I nodded the best I could with my face shoved into my pillow.

"A little bit, yeah," I admitted, causing Evan to sigh. Nevertheless, I felt him nod, kissing my head.

"The boys are out in the living room," he informed me, "Do you want to come out, or do you want to go back to sleep?" I thought for a second, stretching my legs out under my warm blanket. After a minute, I sighed.

"I'll come out," I said under my breath, just loud enough for him to hear me and stand from my bed. Evan extended his hand to me, pulling me to a standing position in front of him. Taking the opportunity, he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, pulling me into his body. I didn't hug back, just because I wasn't going to yell at him didn't mean that I was exactly happy with him.

Finally, he pulled away, leaving me wanting to curl right back into his arms for the warmth that his body always radiated. Evan smiled down at me sadly, obviously feeling guilty for ditching me today. Standing on my tippy toes, I planted a delicate kiss to his cheek before falling back to the balls of my feet. I readjusted the hoodie that hung off of my body, and stifled a yawn as he wrapped his large hand around mine and led me to the living room.

The usual group of guys were sprawled amoungst my living room. Pony and Matt were on the love seat, Matt leaned back onto Pony's shoulder. I pushed away the long to make a comment on the way they were always touching or cuddling in some way. Brad Miller, Brett Hextall, Brandon Horton and Keaton Wolf were all squeezed on the couch, half on top of each other, and Zach Jones sat on the floor with his back against the couch. I smiled upon seeing the empty black leather Lazy Boy that Evan had stolen from his apartment earlier in the semester.

Evan pulled me down onto his lap, and usually if I was in this kind of mood, I would object to this, but since there was no where else to sit, I didn't exactly have a choice. The boys all said their hellos to me, and informed me that they had just put in some movie that I've never heard of called Beer Pong.

Just like always, the boys talked through the movie, only paying attention to specific parts as they all sipped on their own beers. And as usual, I was the only one who wasn't drinking.

"Oh come on," Keaton argued with a roll of his eyes, "I've slept with some freaky Brunette chicks," he said, causing me to roll my eyes mentally. If my eyes weren't closed, and pressed against Evan's chest, I would have made it clear that I didn't quite approve of his conversation topic.

Evan's fingers absentmindedly tickled the exposed skin where my hoodie had ridden up as we lounged into the plush chair, my legs over the arm rest. I sighed, trying to tune out the rest of the conversation, and perhaps fall back asleep.

"I don't know Wolfman, I think Pony is right on this one," Evan started, his chest vibrating as he spoke. I perked up unnoticeably, waiting for his next words. "Every blond I've ever been with is bomb in bed. I've never even had a brunette get it done for me."

His words were so nonchalant that I sat up immediately, not looking at Evan just yet. My eyes connected with Pony's as his widened. Beside him, Matt shoved a piece of pizza in his mouth so he wouldn't laugh.

Pushing my brunette hair out of my eyes, I pursed my lips and turned my head to look at Evan, who was watching me curiously. He frowed his eyebrows, looking at me innocently. Shaking my head, I pulled myself off of his warm and comfortable lap.

Without a word out of anyone's mouth, I walked through the living room, finding my phone, wallet and keys.

"I'm leaving," I mumbled, slipping my feet into my running sneakers. Evan stood, running his fingers through his growing hair.

"You're leaving?" He repeated, looking at Brad who was shaking his head with a sigh. We both knew that Evan had absolutely no idea what he had said.

"You heard me," was my simple reply while I opened the door and stepped out of my apartment. Skipping the elevator, I took the steps two at a time upon hearing the door open and close behind me.

It was raining out. Not your typical drizzle, no, it was pouring down rain. Just as I opened the door, a crack of thunder sounded through the sky. I shivered a bit, looking up to the pitch black sky.

Stepping out into the rain anyway, I heard Evan's footsteps echoing in the narrow staircase somewhere behind me. This time, I didn't bother to close the door, I knew he'd follow either way, why not make it easier for both of us.

The large water droplets soaked my hair in an instant, almost making me shiver as the cold water dripped down my face and neck.

Evan caught up to me quicker than I expected, half way through the parking lot. His hand caught my wrist, and in one motion, spinning me on my toes as if we were dancing gracefully.

"Where are you going, Av?" Evan asked, his brown eyes shining with confusion. I sighed, almost caving at the sight of his gorgeous eyes under his thick black lashes.

"Away from you," I answered, sliding my arm away from his grip easily.

"But why?" He wondered with innocent, wide eyes, reminding me vaguely of a naive little boy. Out of habit, I pursed my lips to show my distaste.

"Why do you care?" I asked bitchily, crossing my arms over my chest to hide the shiver now that the water was soaking through my sweatshirt. Evan's arms fell helplessly to his sides as he saw the hurt in my eyes.

"Because you're my girl," he said so softly that I could hardly hear him over the rain pounding against the black pavement. I rolled my eyes, letting out a sarcastic laugh, looking anywhere but his captivating eyes.

"Really? I thought you like blonds better?" I spat, narrowing my eyes. He sighed, realizing his mistake as he pushed away the wet hair that was sticking to his forehead.

"Avery, I-" he started, sugar coating me with his eyes.

"No Evan," I silenced him, causing him to freeze in his words. "I'm so sick of it. I honestly don't understand why I put up with your shit anymore," I told him, my voice raising just a tad.

"But-" he tried again, but I once again shot him down as the sky lit up with a strike of jagged lightning.

"You're such a joke, Evan Trupp. You say you're committed to this, yet you don't even attempt to put forth an effort. So you know what, Evan? Go ahead and run off with your blond tramp of choice, because I would never put it past you to disappoint me once again,"I yelled over the rain, that was falling even harder now. When I was done, I was gasping for air in my lungs. Evan's cheeks were a bright pink, and his intense eyes were smoldering me enough to make me feel uncomfortable and shift awkwardly.

"You are such a fucking bitch," he seethed with annoyance as his eyes turned to slits. "You think you're so god damn perfect, like you've never made a mistake in your life. You're such a hypocrite that it amazes me, Avery." He finished just as a thunder echoed across the sky, matching his tone and anger perfectly.

"How can you even say that?!" I screeched, literally gaping at his words. He smirked wickedly.

"It's not my fault you're insecure, Avery," he said calmly. I bit my lip, feeling the tears rush down my face, even though they were hidden from the rain.

It seemed like neither me or Evan really cared that we were completely drenched and standing in the cold Grand Forks night. I knew we were going to get sick, but I didn't really mind.

"Oh so we're picking out flaws now? Okay, well for starters you're shorter than any guy should be, your eyebrows are so out of control it's not even funny. Like, tame that jungle, please," I yelled in frustration, throwing my arms up. "You seem to think that you're fun to be around when you're drunk, when in reality, you're actually a really annoying liability. To top it all off, you're a complete dick to anyone who wants to be your friend, and when you're sarcastic, it's not funny, it's actually pretty rude."

"You spend too much on your appearance, you think the more make up you wear, the better you look, when its the complete opposite of that," Evan retorted back quickly. "You can't sit still for two seconds and then whine when someone else is fidgety. Everything makes you cry, even the smallest of things. And you're such a bitch that you scare people away." When he was finally done, I glared, feeling my chest swell as it was about to explode, tearing my heart into a million little shreds.

I stepped forward with pursed lips. Placing my hands on his chest, I gave him a hard shove, hardly succeeding when he barely stumbled. He bit his lip to keep from smiling, but that just made me even more upset with him.

"You are such an asshole! I hate you so much, Evan Trupp," I cried out, feeling more tears gush from the lids of my eyes as a sob racked through my chest. "I can't believe you-"

Evan cut me short by crashing his lips down onto mine. He kissed me hard for a second before I could even think to react. His arms winding around my waist helped me process what was happening. My eyes fluttered shut as thunder echoed and he pulled me as tight as he could to his body, causing the water in our weighed down hoodies to resurface at the pressured contact.

My hands somehow found their way to tangle themselves in his dripping hair while he kissed me fiercely, with more passion than he has ever showed me.

Our lips tangled, fighting our battle for us before he pulled back for just a fraction of a second to capture my bottom lip in his teeth softly, tugging gently for a few seconds while I gasped for air. His lips crushed mine again, kissing me with every ounce of emotion he was feeling. My mind was in a state of complete bliss as I forgot what I was so mad about only a minute earlier. Under his influence, I couldn't think straight.

He finally pulled away, though I was begging for more, my lungs were throbbing against my sides, screaming for fresh air. Evan laid his forehead against mine, blocking my face from the torrential downpour.

"God, you're so cute when you hate me," he whispered huskily, resulting in my eyes closing in temptation. And just like that, I didn't care what Evan said, or that he ditched me on our day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long, my loves! D:
but it's up now, and I sort of love this chapter.
so if you'd be so kind to comment,
and tell your friends,
because I'm not getting as much feedback as I'd like for this story ):
so I'm going to do this..
12 comments before this gets update again,
sorry I'm doing this, but it has to be done, unfortunately.
I love you guys, and I love writing this story,
so please please please comment
and tell your Truppy loving friends about it :D