A Werewolf story

Mari's memory

Shapefune's POV

Mari just looked at me and asked "Why do you want to know about Mama?"

"Because no one knows what happened to her, and so I want to know, and since your a missing person to your own family, I figured........."

"How do you figure I'm a missing person?" She asked, looking really confused now.

"Um, well, you'll never guess, theirs this book about the Moon family in the library, and theirs a part about your mother in there, and you, and it says that uh, yourmissing."

I just waited for her to strike, but she didn't, she just looked at me frowning.

"So that book in the library you were reading was about my family,"

"Yep"

"And it said that Mama and I were missing,"

"Yep"

"And now you want to know what happened to her, by asking me,"

"Ah-uh"

"Are you sure that you aren't a drug addict? Cause you act like you are" Mari just said, very random.

"Okay, I'm not a drug addict, I'm not bipolar, I don't have a rare disease that hardly anyones heard about, and I'm not insane. Oh yeah, and I don't have splitpersonalities. Are you gonna tell me what happened to her or not?"

"Fine I'll tell you what happened" She said, a little annoyed to I should say.

Okay, maybe more annoyed than that.

"It all started on my third birthday,"

"Wait, you were THREE?"

"Yes, I was three, now you asked for what happened and I'm telling you, so don'tinterruptor else I'll rip your head off!" I didn't interrupt after that.

"Anyway, it all started on my third birthday, I was still human, of course, Mama and Papa were bringing out my birthday cake and presents. My two othercousinswho were also sort of Werewolfs were there. Snuffy and Hailey there names were. Snuffy was a shapeshifting dog, which means she could become any dog at all. Hailey was just a talent, and she could transfer luck to anyone including herself. They both had strange eyebrows and black eyes. Me and Papa were the only ones who were ordinary. I wasn't allowed to go to kindy or any kind of place just in case I became a Werewolf, but I didn't. Anyway, back to the story, when I blew out he candles the trouble started.

"Papa suddenly looked ill, and then the strangest thing happened. Fire, it shot out of his hands! Mama got us out of the room and tried to calm Papa down. She did it, but it meant that we would have to go away until a year had passed, because when you become a talent it takes a year to get it under control. Mama would have been able to survive, but I wouldn't have.

We were going to stay at Hailey's parents house, and they lived on the other side of town, so we took of at night.

Everything was fine, until a group of people all dressed in blackattackedus.

Mama ran, and hid me in a safe place and told me she might not come back, and if she didn't, don't try to follow her or try to get to Hailey or Snuffy's, just stay in hiding, and call yourself Mari Moon, not Mari Moon-Sun.

Then she ran off and I never saw her again. I could barley even remember her. I couldn'trememberhow she looked so I thought she would look like me, but now sheprobablydoes."

She just looked sad, and wouldn't talk to me.

"Would you like me to go, because I can go if you want me to...." I said, feeling uncomfortable with being in a room with a sad Werewolf.

"No, please stay" She said, looking up.

She looked desperate for company, and I happened to be there, so I was company.

"Okay, uh, would you like to talk about anything?"

She immediately looked a bit more happier and said "Yes there is something I would like to talk about"

"What?"

"How can you make stuff smell proof? I couldn't smell a word of that book except the cover!"

We just laughed and I told her the whole process of making something smell proof.

Mari's POV

It felt so good tofinallytell someone, and to finally remember!

But then, the doorbell rang.

I could smell that Thomas was answering it.

And I could also smell something else, something that smelled like Shapefune, but only more stronger,definite, and sweeter.