Status: So apparently I died again...I got distracted with the fanfic I'm writing ("Free Falling") I will get back to this story A.S.A.P. until then...dreadfully sorry.

Outkast

Chapter Twenty-One

I was bedridden for the rest of the week, Adam almost always at my side. I was supposed to see a doctor today, to see what was wrong with me. “Hey Keri,” Adam whispered, as he moved some hair out of my face.

“Hey Sweetie,” I whispered, taking his hand in mine. He sat down on the side of the bed as the doctor walked in.

“Hello Keri,” the doctor, smiled. “How have you been feeling?”

“Sick,” I groaned, sitting up.

“Well let’s have a look,” the doctor said.

He took my temperature, and looked in my ears, nose, and mouth, “So what are your symptoms?”

I shrugged, “Cramps, puking, and tired all the time,”

The doctor looked thoughtfully at me, as Adam excused himself from the room. “Keri, have you ever had sexual relations with anyone?” the doctor asked.

I nodded, my face paling.

“How often?”

“Almost everyday when I was the Outkast prisoner,” I whispered, tears forming in my eyes.

The doctor nodded. “I’m going to give you a pregnancy test, and we’ll see if that’s the case. If you are and don’t want to keep the baby. I can abort it for you.”

I nodded my head shakily, “C-can I take t-the test?”

The doctor nodded then handed me a sheet of paper, “Follow the directions on that, and that will give you your answer about an hour after you use it,”

“Okay, thank you,” I squeaked, taking the paper from him.

“Call for me if you need me. I’ll be here for a while,”

“Will do, thank you doctor,” I nodded, as he walked out of the bedroom.

I looked at the test then went to the bathroom after I read the direction.

After wetting the strip with my urine, I lay it on the counter then sat on the tub, my hands over my stomach. Even without the test I knew I was pregnant. Sliding to the floor I began to cry.

After an hour was up, I looked at the paper…I was pregnant. I had to force myself to breath as the reality came crashing down onto me. I walked numbly from the bedroom, and then began to search for Dakota.

Finally, walking into the main room, where Steven was talking to the doctor, I saw Dakota. “Ah, Keri, how are you feeling?” the doctor asked.

“I-I’m fine,” I stuttered.

“Did you take the test?”

I nodded, “Positive,”

He nodded his head, “Have you decided on an action yet?”

I shook my head no, “Um…can I talk to Dakota? Please,”

Steven nodded then gestured for Dakota to go with me. “What’s up Silly Girl?” he asked me.

“Not much Silly Boy,” I replied, smiling a little. “Let’s go for a walk,”

“Okay,”

We walked in silence most of the way, I wringed my hands nervously, as I attempted to put my thoughts together. We finally got to the “Dungeon” complex, when I began to talk.

“Dakota, I’m pregnant,” I whispered, as my eyes filled with tears.

“You’re what?!” Dakota asked, astonished.

“I’m pregnant,” I repeated, looking at him.

“Does Adam know?” Dakota whispered.

I shook my head no, he brought me into a hug, as I cried onto his shoulder.

“Everything will turn out fine,” Dakota whispered into my ear. I glanced into the cell in front of me, and saw the Outkasts “second-in-command” he looked at me sadly, tears in his eyes. He looked regretful for what he had done to me.

I whirled around and faced Dakota, “I’m keeping it,”

“W-what?!” Dakota asked in disbelief.

“A baby doesn’t deserve to die, before it has been given life,” I whispered, glancing over at the boy. He was now in full out tears.

“This is crazy talk,” Dakota spluttered. “Adam won’t allow you to keep it,”

“Well, he’s going to have to let me keep it,” I shot back.

“Your stuffs packed isn’t it?” Dakota asked, smirking.

I stuck my tongue out at him, “There’s no way, I’m backing down, without playing that card,”

Dakota laughed, and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, “Come on, let’s go tell Adam, I wanna see his face,”
♠ ♠ ♠
sooo...I'm falling behind again in posting these. Sorry! I don't even have an excuse for the lateness either. But anywho, did anyone see this coming? Oh also...if any of you have any ideas for gang names I would greatly appreciate it! All I can come up are lame ass ones, and I need better ones for closer to the end of the book...at the moment I have around 35 chapters or so...but I know for a fact there will be at least 5 more to come so this story will end up around 40 chapters or so...just a heads up for ya'll! Other then that I hope all of you enjoyed the read...comments are greatly appreciated...go ahead and bash my story if you want to...I'll take any critiqueing you can give me ;)