Status: So apparently I died again...I got distracted with the fanfic I'm writing ("Free Falling") I will get back to this story A.S.A.P. until then...dreadfully sorry.

Outkast

Chapter Five

A few minutes later my mom drove into the driveway, coming home from work. I looked at the clock. I was going to be late meeting everyone. “Hey mom,” I said, as she walked into the house.

“Hi,” my mom replied, grumpily.

Crap. I’m going to have to sneak out tonight; I thought, as mom slammed her work on the table. “Um…how was work?” I asked, uncertainly.

“Just wonderful,” she snarled, sarcastically. “I’m going upstairs to rest.”

I nodded my head, watching her go upstairs.

“What’s with mom?” my eight year old sister, Lela, asked.

“She had a bad day,” I replied, staring off into our kitchen. “What would you like for supper?” I asked turning back towards her. She shrugged her shoulders. “Pizza it is,”

“Okay,” Lela said, walking into the living room to do her homework..

One pizza later, I sat, half asleep, on the couch. My sister had wanted to watch a movie as we ate, so I was stuck here until “Dumbo” was over. Fortunately for me, it was near the end. I jumped, when my phone vibrated in my pocket. Looking at my phone I saw a text message from Taria. Smirking, I opened the message.

[c]Where the hell are you?![/c]

Sliding my phone to the full keyboard I quickly typed a message.

[c]Sister watching movie…be there soon[/c]

I pushed send then got a reply almost instantly.

[c]Hurry up! You’re EXTREMELLY late![/C]

I smiled, as I replied.

[c]Gimmie 20 mins movie just got done[/c]

Looking up, I saw my little sister yawning. “Time for bed, Little Girl,” I said, clapping my hands.

“Can I stay up with you?” she asked, pleading.

“No, you need to go to bed,” I replied, sternly.

“Please,”

“No,”

“But-”

“No,”

“What will you be doing?” she asked, giving up.

“I’m going out with some friends, but sh,” I put a finger to my mouth. “Don’t tell mom,”

“I won’t,” Lela smiled.

I nodded, “Good girl. Now go to bed,”

She began to go upstairs, stopping before she had gotten halfway up the stairs, she turned back towards me, “Are you going to hang out with Jordan?”

I nodded my head yes. “Now go to bed,”

“Okay,” she smirked then sprinted up the stairs.

Sighing, I sat down on the couch, waiting for my sister to go to bed. “Did you have supper?” my mom asked me, making me jump.

“Y-yeah,” I replied, looking towards her, eyes wide.

“What did you have?” she asked, rummaging through the fridge.

“A pizza,”

“Any leftovers,”

“N-no,” I whispered, watching my mom carefully.

She looked over towards me with her cold, uncaring eyes, making me shiver involuntarily. “You’re lucky there’s food in the fridge,” she hissed. I let out a silent sigh of relief.

“Keri! I ‘m going to bed!” my little sister told me, then ran back upstairs. I ran after her to tuck her in, and help her say her prayers.

After my sister was in bed, I tiptoed down the stairs. I walked to the front door, then slowly turned the lock, praying to God it wouldn’t click. The lock clicked open quieter then I thought it would, I was able to get the door open, when my mom came by. “And where do you think you’re going?” she screamed at me, slamming the door shut.

“I-I,” I stuttered, before she slapped me across the face.

“It’s too late for you to go out! Get in your room, and don’t come out ‘til morning,”

“B-but-”

“No buts! Now get into your room!” I did as I was told, slamming the door behind me. I could hear mom outside my door as she turned the locks she had personally installed on my door. I waited until she left, brushing the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes then snuck out my window.

“Took you long enough,” Taria said, upon seeing me, after I slammed the door shut.

“Shut up,” I snarled.

“What’s wrong?” Jordan asked rubbing my shoulders.

“Mom,” I muttered, closing my eyes slightly.

“That sucks,” Jordan whispered into my ear as he kissed the base of my neck. We heard the grandfather clock chime off the hour.

“Turn the report on,” I instructed, not wanting to move away from the “master” back massager, Jordan.

Arial walked over to the police scanner and turned it on. “They’ll be at our line in about an hour and a half from now. We need to be ready,”

I went on to say something else, but lost my train of thought, and moaned softly. Jordan was kissing my neck, and lightly nipping at my skin.

“Geeze Keri,” Nipple said, eyes wide in mock horror. “You need to get laid,”

Or,” Arial jumped in. “Jordan can stop distracting her,”

Jordan stopped in mid kiss, then lifted his head slightly, and wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned my head back against his chest, taking in his warmth. “We need a plan,” I finished. Everybody nodded at this. “We can’t lose a lot of people. Hell we can’t lose any one period…our numbers are few as it is,”

Arial let out an evil chuckle, “Ambush,”

“We wound, not kill,” I replied sternly.

“But that’s no fun,” Arial pouted.

“But it keeps the “authorities” off our back,” I rolled my eyes. The police officers in our town did nothing but sit on their butts all day. The only reason for this…they couldn’t do anything against Bloodlust. That’s when we came into existence. Of course, the cops still had to get “involved” in the gang fights, but they always take their good sweet time. We actually had had a fight a block from the police station once. It took the cops about twenty minutes to come out and help break up the fight.

“any other ideas, besides Arials?” I asked, as Jordan rested his chin on my shoulder. Everyone shook their head no. “Ambush it is. Get your weapons,” I said, then looked towards Jordan’s head, that was still on my shoulder, and kissed his cheek. He spun me around so I faced him and lightly took my chin making me look at him. He then leaned his head towards mine making our lips connect. He stopped when we heard Taria clear her throat.

“Um…hey,” I said, as blood rushed to my face.

“Hey,” Taria responded, making sure I knew I was gonna get hell later.

I double checked my gun, and covered my face with my bandana, then nodded my head, signaling to move out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so...I hate this chapter, there we go it's off my chest. I hate the next chapter too, but chapter 7 is one of my favorites...so hopefully it works out that you guys like it too. Oh and obviously I don't know how to center text...that's what the c's are for. Um, comment and subscribe? bare with me as I get this story rolling, I'm have major writers block...not that you guys have to worry about that until...oh um, chapter 12? 13 one of them chapters, although I impressed myself by writing an entire chapter today yay! anywho I'll let you get back on with your busy busy lives and just thank you one more time for reading my pathetic excuse of a story. Anywho...thanks for reading this!