‹ Prequel: Our Next Move
Status: Final chapter is here...Merry Christmas! :D

Second Heartbeat

Waiting For A Star To Fall

Image

June 7, 2007, 8 months pregnant

Well, as of today, I have exactly 1 month and 3 days before my due date. I cannot believe in about a month, Matt and I will have a little baby here with us. It is so hard to believe but at the same time I cannot wait for Boyce or Ryleigh Gracen to be here and I know Matt cannot wait either.

We have everything ready for him or her. I have packed my large Vera Bradley duffel bag with clothes for me, a coming home outfit for the baby, diapers, a pacifier and a baby blanket.

We have put the bag near the door to the garage, so that when I am closer to my due date, like about 2 weeks until then onward, we can grab it and have it in the Escalade incase I go into labor wherever we go.

I have also started “nesting” as Mama and Claire call it. I have been cleaning the entire house from top to bottom and tried to rearrange Baby Deathbat’s clothes so many times.

Today is the day I get to help out with “Big Bear” or as it is now being called, “A Little Piece of Heaven.” There is also another woman, Juliette, who will be doing the screaming because once again, we don’t want to upset BD. The boys are waiting to do the “fun” stuff closer to the end date, or July 6-10 and those will also be the days we are finishing up the album.

Today, Matt, Zacky and I will be recording the “wedding scene” and the “singing stuff” and then the boys will work on the final touches for “Scream”. There were also two boys coming in who were going to be “Producers for a Day” from a contest they won.

Matt woke me up this morning at 10:00, which was wonderful because normally we have to get up early, like 8, but since we weren’t doing much in the studio today, Matt decided to let me sleep a little bit later.

He also brought me breakfast in bed, which was ok, considering Matt is not the best cook in the world. He actually made cheese grits with turkey bacon, which was amazing because I forgot we even had grits in the house.

The most surprising thing was that Matt made good grits, even though he is from California. Mama taught him well I guess.So I ate my grits and bacon and then started to get ready for the day, Matt already had on a Guns N Roses shirt and shorts.

After taking a quick shower, well as quick as could be for an eight month pregnant woman, I decided to wear maternity shorts, white flip flops and a maternity shirt that said, “If you didn’t put this baby in here, then don’t even think about touching my stomach.”

I wore it, not because I didn’t like it when Matt, the boys, or my friends and family touched my belly, but when strangers came up to me and felt the need to touch my stomach, then it was too much. I started to snap at almost anyone who wanted to touch my belly, except for Matt.

Everyone else had to ask or I would tell them it was ok. I was getting better at it, but some days, you had to watch your back!

Matt laughed when he saw my shirt and then proceded to put his hands over my stomach and kiss me. The kiss wasn’t very deep and I had to stop it before it got that way, mostly because I couldn’t breathe and I knew my belly was getting in the way.

Then, once we both caught our breaths, we walked hand in hand to the Escalade and then Matt opened my door for me. When I looked in the backseat, I noticed that the baby’s carseat was already installed. When Matt came to the driver’s side, I said,

“When did this happen?”

“When did what happen baby?”

“When did the carseat get installed in this car? It wasn’t here two days ago.”

“Oh, right. When I went to the studio yesterday, I brought it with me and had Brian and Zacky help me install it.”

“Aw, that was so sweet of you, thank you. As a token of my appreciation, you sir, get a kiss.”

“Thank you fair Ashlyn.”

We kissed again but only briefly and then we drove off to El Dorado Studios.

When we got there, the 2 boys weren’t there yet so I went up to Brian and Zacky, who immediately noticed my shirt and laughed. I said,

“As a token of my appreciation for installing Baby Deathbat’s carseat, the two of you get a special privilege.”

“We get to name the baby?”

Brian said.

“We get to be the baby’s godfathers?”

Zacky said.

“Even better,”

I said,

“You two get to touch my stomach.”

“Woah! That is special,”

they both said,

“Thank you Ashlyn!”

They both put one hand on my stomach and as if to say

“thank you Uncle Brian and Uncle Zacky,”

Baby Deathbat kicked.

“Wow, that was so cool!” Zacky said.

Brian ran up to Jimmy and Johnny and said,

Baby Deathbat kicked for me and not for you, hahahaha!”

The best part was the camera crew captured it all, so we have it on tape now. Just as Brian was finishing his torture on Jimmy and Johnny, Fred came in to introduce us to the Producers for the Day, Chris and Daniel.

The boys decided to play “Scream” for them and they really liked it. Then they talked with the boys about different things, while I made a light lunch for everyone. When they came back, the boys told them they had a surprise waiting for them after lunch.

After lunch, they got to break bottles for “A Little Piece of Heaven” but they were not told which song it was, but they seemed to like it. After they got pictures with the boys, they got to witness Matt and I singing, which was incredible. I know we sing together almost every Sunday in church, but to see him singing and sing next to him it was amazing.

The best part had to be the “wedding scene” because Zacky recorded his part first, which was hilarious, then Matt and I got to go in the vocal booth together to record our “I do’s”. He held my hand while we said them and it was so hard not to laugh when I heard Matt’s deep voice. Ok, I lied; it was very easy to laugh during that part. It was so funny; it took like 15 takes before I finally got “the perfect” take.

After that, Chris and Daniel had to leave. But, they were so nice and so grateful. They were here for almost 3 hours. When they left, the boys took their time working on the final details for “Scream”. Thankfully, Matt and I left early, for once. We actually got back to our house by 7:15 P.M. I was so exhausted though, so Matt ordered Chinese food and I changed into my pajamas.

After eating what felt like my weight in beef fried rice and egg rolls, Matt and I decided to watch “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.” About an hour into the movie, I fell asleep but not too deep, because I felt Matt carry me into our room and set me on our bed. Then I fell asleep with dreams of Baby Deathbat in my head. I cannot wait for this month to be over so I can meet him or her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise! New chapter! :D I hope to finish this story on Christmas Eve, as a Christmas present for you. Baby Deathbat will be here in the next chapter! Get excited!

Links for this chapter: (only 2)
Hospital Bag
Studio