Status: Read Blog

Asylum

To Talk Without Going Insane

Franks POV

A few days later my doctor wanted me to talk to someone, to at least try again. I knew it would be a waste every time I tried I always ended up going insane, but I knew I had to at least try. I was sitting in a room it was small but enough to fit a desk and a book shelf. It only had one window which over look the woods, part of me wanted to be out there, to be normal but then again what is normal. As I was staring at the window the door open and walk in a women, she had long black hair, her eyes were ice blue. She had some tattoos, she was wearing black pants, white tank top with a light black jacket over it.

“ Hello, my name is Carmen. I’m not going to make you talk, I just want you to talk in your own time. I know a lot about you but I don’t know who you really are, so if you want to start talking you can, “ She said while sitting down in front of me.

“ My names Frank. I go insane every time I left alone with a stranger or left alone in the dark. I never knew the truth of why I go insane, I just do, “ I said while looking at her.

I could feel my heart racing against my chest, I tried to stay calm I had to make this work. Even if part of me wanted to just run away from it all.

“ Do you remember when it all started, “ She ask while writing in her notebook.

“ When I was around Eleven. I was in my room sleeping when the power went out, I woke up to darkness. I couldn’t see anything in front of me, I tried to stay calm but it was like my mind was playing tricks on me, telling me lies. That was the first time I went insane, “ I replied.

“ What did your mind tell you, “ She ask while looking at me.

“ I can’t really remember, telling me things that were in the dark, stuff that wasn’t there. Just making me more scared then I was. My parents didn’t even make sure I was alright, I don’t even think they were there, “ I said.

“ Do you parents ever visit you?, “ She ask.

“ No. They just sent me here and that was it, no goodbye. It was like they gave up on me. In the beginning they tried some to help me but I could always tell they never wanted too, “ I replied.

Two hours went by before I left Carmen’s office and it was the first time I didn’t go insane while sitting alone with a stranger. I couldn’t really count Gerard but he was the first person to ever touch me without going insane. Part of me didn’t wont to get better that this was the life I was meant to have, but the other part wanted to get better that there’s more to life behind those walls. I walk along the walls until I made it outside were I found Gerard, swinging on the swings they had. I walk over towards and sat beside him.

“ I talk to someone, I talk to this women name Carmen. I don’t know how I felt about it though, I like talking to you more, “ I said while looking at him.

“ I’m glad you talk to someone but I also glad you like talking to me better. I think you should give her a chance just to see, maybe you she can really help, “ He replied.

Maybe there was hope after all, or maybe there was none.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait.