Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 22

Gerard.

I’m kissing Frank like crazy, my tongue exploring his mouth desperately, my hands running up and down his body, my teeth biting down softly on his bottom lip. I feel him moan and I feel right at home.

“FRAAAAAAAAANK!!!” I hear a familiar squeal and I pull away quickly. Frank groans and looks into my eyes as if to apologise and I climb into the back seat, ducking away from view. He pokes his head out the window and forces a grin while I’m hiding under his sweaty gym clothes. Nice.

“Like WHAT are you doing being suspended?!” Courtney practically screams and I cringe.

“Errr…” I hear Frank mutter, thinking wildly, “I … chucked a basketball at the principle’s head.”

I groan under the sheets. What the hell, Frank? He’s a really bad liar.

“Oh!” I hear Courtney coo, “I heard that you were suspended for doing stuff in the boys bathroom.”

“No way babe, totally not me,” Frank stutters in a really fake voice. She doesn’t seem to notice.

“Okay,” she squeals and forces her lips on Frank’s. I try not to listen as I hear the slurping sounds emitting from her mouth, and sound of Frank kissing back.

She finally flounces off and I rejoin Frank in the front.

“Sorry about that,” he tries.

“Oh, don’t worry,” I mutter.

Why would Frank kiss her back if he loves me?

Frank.

I apologise and he mutters a reply. I turn to look at him.

“Hey man, look I really am sorry about her, she’s just so fucking hard to get rid-“ I’m cut off mid sentence.

“It’s fine,” He says with a hint of finality in his voice “Now just drop it,”

I shut up and turn the misfits on louder as I drive away from the school.

“So… we’ve got two days off school then it’s the weekend, I was wondering if you wanted to like meet up tomorrow, come over to my house?” I ask, almost nervously, what the fuck?

“Sure,” He says perking up a little “I’d love to, anything to get away from my house y’know?”

I nod sympathetically and place my hand on his shoulder.

We drive the rest of the journey in comfortable silence. Dust to Dust by the Misfits comes on and a smile to myself as I catch Gerard headbanging out of the corner of my eye.

“Dude, hate to interrupt your headbanging session but we’re here,” I say laughing slightly, gesturing to my house then to the woods behind it.

Gerard blushes and nods, getting out the car. I dart my eyes up to the house, looking at the windows, looking for any signs of my mom. I see none so I grab Gerard’s hand and pull him, running through my garden and towards the woods.

Gerard.

I feel myself being dragged by Frank, practically sprinting towards the woods. I can tell he doesn’t want to be seen with me.

We continue our fast running for what seems like hours, running deeper and deeper into the overgrown forest, ferns lapping around our feet while the trees surround us, trapping us in the pale sunlight.

Frank is so much fitter than I am and before long I start to breathe heavily, sweat forming on my forehead. My eyes are watering and my legs ache. He isn’t even out of breath and I start to sound like a moaning little kid, “Are we there yet?” He doesn’t even answer.

We finally arrive at a clearing and he stops, turning around and grinning at me.

“We can finally be alone,” he says seductively and pulls me into a tight embrace, kissing me passionately. I kiss him back, wanting to pleasure him. But something’s wrong. I’m not into it. He’s kissing me with all the strength he has and it just doesn’t feel right. The trees loom in, almost like they’re looking at us. Why would Frank bring me to such a desolate place?

Then it hit me. He’s ashamed of me; well of course he is. He doesn’t want to be gay, he doesn’t want anyone to know he’s gay. He still has a fucking girlfriend. He doesn’t want his popularity rating to go down. He doesn’t even want people to know he’s friends with me.

I break away suddenly, tears forming in my eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Frank asks, concerned.

“I-I need some time to think,” I stammer and I turn around and run blindly though the forest, sobbing into my hands.

Frank

“Gerard what the fuck?!” I yell after him, seeing him flee from me. I run after him, catching up with him quickly, being faster and fitter than him.

I reach him and grab hold of the back of his jacket.

“What the fuck was that about huh?” I ask, turning him around and seeing his tearstained face.

“Oh Gee,” I sigh as I pull him into a hug.

He cries into my neck and I feel his tears on my bare skin, making me shiver under the cool autumn breeze.

I rub his back soothingly and his sobs turn into sniffles as he calms down. I place my hands on his shoulders and push him away slightly.

“You okay now?” I ask gently.

“Y-yeah it’s just that… you go and kiss that whore and then you come out here to kiss me, if you’re ashamed of me then why do you even brother!” He exclaims, his voice echoing around the trees.

“I…well you know I can’t be seen with you right”, I say, placing a hand on his shoulder. He nods.

“I wish it was different,” He whispers.