Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 43

Gerard.

I lay on the cold, unwelcome floor, feeling the blood gush from my deep gashes. My bruises throb painfully and my head feels like it’s going to explode. I can’t keep my eyes open; it’s too much of an effort.

My attackers spat on me, kicked me, punched me, one nearly stabbed me. My arm still aches from where the point of the knife dug into my flesh. Finally, after what seemed like decades, they left, laughing cruelly with venom woven in their voices. Left me to live or die on the hard floor of the changing rooms. Live or die. They didn’t care.

Suddenly, I hear a clanging noise and the sound deafens me. My ears ring and my head throbs, feeling like it’s being hit repeatedly over and over by a saucepan. A very hard and heavy saucepan. I can’t help but whimper, as my arms are too weak and hurt to bring up to my aching head.

Someone, please stop the pain. I’ll do anything…

“G-gerard?” I hear a familiar voice but I don’t lift my head up. My eyes are sealed shut, preventing me from more pain. I grit my teeth, willing the pain to subside for just a minute.

I hear the scuffle of shoes as he kneels down beside me.

“Oh Gee… what have they done to you?” he says and I can tell he’s crying, as his voice is choked with tears.

I can only just manage to say one word, before wincing in pain.

“Frank…”

Frank.

I cup his cheek gently, my tears dripping onto his cheeks. I wipe them away slowly.

“I’m sorry Gee,” I whisper. “It’s all my fucking fault… I-I didn’t mean for them to hurt you I promise!”

“It’s okay Frankie,” He whispers back, struggling to sit up, groaning and whimpering in pain.

“Lay down,” I say softly, pressing a kiss to his forehead. “And no it’s not okay… I don’t want to see you hurt.”

“I’m fine… it’s just a few bruises,” He replies and I lift up his t-shirt slowly, revealing a huge purpling bruises about the size of the palm of my hand.

“Fuck…” I breathe, ghosting my fingers over it gently, not pressing down in fear of hurting him more than I already have. I slowly lean down and press a kiss to the swollen area and Gerard gently strokes my hair. I smile up at him.

“I’m gonna go get you some help, okay? Don’t move, I’ll be right back,” I say, leaning down and kiss his lips gently.

“They’re not gonna hurt you any more,” I whisper against his lips and he reaches up and brushes some hair out of my face. “I’ll never let them hurt you… I promise.”

I stand up and take one last look at him, giving him a tiny smile before rushing out the boys locker-room and sprinting towards the school reception.

Gerard.

I lay on the heartless floor, the blood pumping through my veins aching like never before, the ghost of his last kiss hovering over my lips. I tried to stop him; I don’t want help. I may need help, but I don’t want it. This’ll get all over school now, not just with the students, but with the teachers. Then, they will all ask me why they did it. I couldn’t tell them it was because I’d turned Frank gay, I couldn’t say that. He’d been hurt enough.

My eyelids flicker, and I struggle to keep them open. I didn’t know things would get this bad. It’s all my fault, all my fucking fault. I haven’t only done this to myself, but to Frank too. It’s my fault he isn’t liked anymore, that he has been labelled, with me of all people. No one should be subjected to that.

After what seems like forever, I hear footsteps running back to me. More than I thought there would be. I look up, painfully, and see Frank. He looks distressed; he didn’t earlier. I think he was trying to reassure me everything was okay – even though it wasn’t.

I didn’t see the others behind him; I was too busy taking in Frank. When they came over to me, however, I groaned. It wasn’t just the nurse, but the fucking homophobe, the principle.

Frank kneels down beside me and I whisper into his ear, “Why the fuck did you bring Principal Harper?!”

“Sorry… I thought that it would help,” he says quietly, and my face softens. He only wants to help me. I brush his hair out of his eyes and force a smile. He smiles back, relieved.

“Ahem.” I hear an impatient cough behind Frank and he looks up. The principal is staring at us with disgust. Coach Patterson obviously briefed him up about our ‘fumble’ in the car. I feel myself beginning to smirk, but I stop myself.

“Now, what happened here?” he asks pompously, and I keep quiet. What the hell can I say happened?!

“Beaten up,” I mutter. He doesn’t even ask why; it’s like he was expecting me to be beaten up. For being a fag or for just being Gerard, I will never know.

Frank.

They decide to send Gerard home. The nurse is sympathetic and asks Gerard how he feels and doesn’t bat an eyelid as I stroke Gerard’s shoulder gently. The principal however, is another story. He shoots us disapproving glares and tries to convince the nurse that he should toughen up and spend the rest of the day in school. How fucking ridiculous is that!? He can barely stand up.

I want to kiss him and tell him I’m sorry but I can’t. I have a feeling this would be pushing it too far in front of the teachers. They don’t like couples of different sexes kissing in the corridors, let alone two guys!

I help to ease Gerard to his feet, one hand under his armpit. The nurses hand under the other. He whimpers and yelps in pain and I rub his shoulder soothingly.

They agree to let me take him home, seeing as he can’t drive in his condition. I help him to the car, he limps the whole way and my heart aches. I know this is all my fault. It should be me getting beaten up not him!

I slide him into the seat and I get in the other side. “Gee I’m so sorry” I say quietly, stroking his hair. He looks at me confused.

“What do you mean? This isn’t your fault Frankie… don’t blame yourself. They’re just assholes.”

I shake my head slowly. “Please Gerard…just accept the apology okay?”

“Uhh... okay,” he says, obviously confused. I feel tears in my eyes. Fuck knows why he got beaten up not me.

“Hey, Frankie, don’t cry,” He whispers, leaning over to kiss me. He groans in pain instead and settles down in his seat again.

The drive back to his house is silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D:D:D:D 200 SUBSCRIBERS!!
Thank you so much!
We love each and every one of you! =]