Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 9

Gerard

I breathe in deeply. The smell of the jacket was normally of smoke and sweat, but now this odour mingled with the sweet aroma of Frank. I see Frank looking at me rather oddly, so I just pretend I'm pulling it on tighter.

There's still a couple of hours ‘til school starts, so we get out of the car to go get something from a nearby café. Lucky for us, it's open, and we get a fry-up. Frank hasn’t got any money on him, so I offer to pay for him. He goes and sits down while I order. As I wait for the food I rest my head on my hands, leaning on the counter, thinking about earlier.

Maybe I shouldn’t have told Frank I was gay.

My eyes start to glaze over.

Maybe I shouldn’t have put that much trust in him.

I sigh.

But it felt so right.

I glance back over at Frank, who’s playing with the salt and pepper shakers, forcing them to make out.

Would things be different at school?

I snap out of my trance as the server gives me my food. I start to walk over to the table, smiling faintly as I set the tray down.

Frank.

I give him a small smile as he comes to the table with the food.

“The salt and the pepper are now married by the way,” I say with a crooked grin. He laughs and we begin to eat in silence, however it’s not uncomfortable as before.

When I finish my food I take to examining my appearance in the back of a spoon. “Ugh man, I look like shit,” I groan., my hair tousled and my clothes creased.

“No you don’t… trust me,” Gerard replies.

“Even so, Courtney’s gonna flip man… she’ll be all ‘oh honey you could have at least changed your shirt’,” I say with a smirk, my voice imitating her perfectly.

Gerard laughs and stares at me slightly.

“Hey what, do I like have something on my face?” I ask him.

He snaps out of his trance. “Oh huh what… oh yeah sorry,” He stutters and I grin at him.

What are my friends gonna think if they know I’m friends with Gerard the emo fag kid?

I look at the clock on the wall, it reads 7:45. “We should get walking, it’s gonna take us quite a long time to walk” I suggest and Gerard nods, his face dropping slightly. Well no wonder, he’s only been at the school a day and he’s already the most unpopular guy in the school. I stand up stretching and yawning slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not many comments on the last chapter =[ Please comment! <3