Status: Rewriting

When Worlds Collide

Remember Me?

Jasmine
I hated going into situations unprepared and this was definitely one of those situations. Edward and I pulled up to a large house on the outskirts of Forks. I could sense at least four people inside. Before I could register another thought Edward had my door open and was leading me inside.

A surprised Carlisle welcomed us in the hallway. His gaze questioning as he noticed Edward’s grip on my upper arm.

“Call a family meeting.” He said curtly.

Carlisle only nodded and left to other parts of the house. Edward led me into the dining room, past a pretty brunette.

“Edward what has gotten into you? Who is this?” She asked alarmed.

“Edward?” Carlisle asked joining us along with two other couples.

Edward’s gaze never left me, “How do you know about us?” He asked coldly. I returned his cold stare, then turned my gaze to Carlisle and the brunette.

“You don’t remember me, do you?”

Carlisle shook his head. “No, I’m sorry I don’t.”

“Honestly, I didn’t recognize you until my cousin brought it up. I was much younger then, six I think. You and your wife were at a meeting in California my aunt Victoria was hosting. It was about the different vampire clan’s territory on the West Coast. You gave me stitches in my forehead.” I finished lamely.

After a moment a look of recognition registered on his face.

“Little Jasmine, the rock star?” He smiled.

I laughed, “That’s me.”

“Rock star?” A tall, muscular brunette asked.

I turned to look at him, “When Carlisle was giving me stitches he didn’t have any pain killers or anything so he was asking me questions to distract me from the pain. One was what I wanted to be when I grew up and I told him I wanted to be a rock star. He thought it was funny since that's not an answer you normally get from little kids.”

“My, you have grown! And you still have the ring?” Esme remarked noticing her old ring on my hand. “In the middle of getting stitches this poor little thing just blurts out how much she loved my ring. So I gave it to her.” Esme informed the others in the room.

“I would hope so that was like fifteen years ago! Of course I still have it. I love it!”

“You’re the little girl Esme gave the ring to?” Edward asked.

“Uh, yeah?” I said a little confused twirling the ring around my ring finger.

“I remember her telling me about you. It was one of the rings I gave her years ago.”

“Why did you need stitches?” The tall, muscular boy asked.

“I fell down the stairs. I wasn’t a very careful child.”

A young girl with a dark pixie cut and face to match stood up. “Hello Jasmine, I’m Alice. I have been looking forward to meet you. This is my boyfriend Jasper, my brother Emmett and his girlfriend Rosalie.” She said walking around the table to give me a hug.

A twinge of familiarity hit my brain.

“You’re psychic?” I asked.

She smiled and nodded, “It’s been so long since I’ve met another psychic and the same for Edward meeting another telepath.” She gushed.

“Wait…you’re a telepath?” He only nodded. I stared at him intently trying to read him.

“I still can’t read you. Can you read me?” I said frustrated.

“No.” He said with an odd look on his face.

“This has never happened to me before.” I said exasperated shaking my head. “Look you don’t have to worry about me telling anyone your secret. I would never do that. I’m related to a few vampires myself obviously and as you can see, I’m not exactly normal. I know I didn’t go about this with the most tact, but you kinda threw me for a loop Edward. I didn’t even plan on saying anything, but when you asked if I was psychic…I just…I dunno…I’m sorry.”

At that moment I noticed a clock above Emmett’s head, “Shit! I am so fired, I was supposed to be back an hour ago!” I said fear of Dr. Karim flowing through my veins.

“Don’t worry about Dr. Karim Jazz. I took care of her.” Carlisle said laying his hand on my arm.’

“Thank you so much! That woman terrifies me!”

Carlisle laughed, “She does seem to have that effect on a lot of people.”

“Edward do you think you could drive me back to my car?”

Edward

Guilt consumed me as Jasmine and I walked to my car.

I sighed, “I over reacted. I am sorry.”

“It’s alright, I didn’t react very well either.” She said simply.

“I shouldn’t have been so harsh.”

She laid her hand on my arm, “It’s alright, really.” She whispered.

I couldn’t help the flutter that rose in my stomach when she touched me. “I…”

“Please don’t apologize again. I totally understand where you were coming from. If someone threatened the safety of my family I would have reacted the same way, if not worse.” She said smiled as we began to speed down the drive to take her to her car.

I sighed, I needed to do something to apologize…I needed to see her again. Maybe Alice was right...I hated when she was right.

“Would you like to go out to lunch with me? I promise not to over react again.”

“Sure I have lunch at noon. Want to meet me at my car?” She asked happily.

I smiled, “That would be perfect.”

“I’d like to see you again on less tense terms.” She said jokingly. “See you tomorrow.” She said closing the door behind her after I pulled up next to her car in the hospital parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kinda blah