Status: Updates coming more reguarly <3

Unknown and Always Second

Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – Lost and Found

One my way home, my phone started to ring. I took a look at the clock to see the time was 6:30. That means Charlie should have just gotten home. I answered the phone after confirming it to be Charlie that is calling.

"Donna where are you and Bella?”

“I’m on my way home. When I left, Bella was still at home.”

“Well she’s not here and she’s not answering her phone.”

“Alright, well I just turned down our street, so I’ll see you when I get inside.”

As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I shut off the car and ran into the house. Charlie was on the phone with someone. I walked up to Bella’s room and started searching to find any clues of where she could be. If this wasn’t a serious situation, I would laugh at the fact that this is totally a CSI moment. After a few I was ready to give up, I turned to leave when something shiny on her bed caught my attention. I walk over and picked it up. It was a note written on some fancy paper.

To Belladonna,
I know you’ll be the first person to search Bella’s room for clues as to where she could possibly be. Once you left this morning, I came over and talked to Bella. I explained to her that we simply couldn’t be together anymore. She didn’t take the news well. She attempted to run after me, but I easily out ran her. She was in the woods the last time I checked. I have left to go with my family to Alaska. Jasper has come with us. This is for the best. Do NOT come looking for us. It is pointless to try. You and Bella need to move on with your lives. I have taken the liberty of making it easier for you two by taking away anything that was visible remind you two of us. I hope you two will be able to move on with your lives and enjoy being human.

I wish you two the best,

Edward Cullen


I was so mad after reading the note. How dare he try to control not only Bella’s life, but mine as well. If I ever- No when I see him again, I’m gonna kill him. I folded the note up, and put it in my back pocket. I raced downstairs to see a bunch of people sitting around our living room listening to Charlie speak.

“I’d like to thank you guys once again for coming here to help me locate Bella. This is very much unlike to just leave with tell anyone where she has gone. We are going to stay optimistic and hope that nothing is wrong with her. Right now we have no idea where she can possible have gone. So we are going to split into two different teams,” Charlie said.

“Wait Dad, I think I know where she is,” I said interrupting him before he could lead everyone in the wrong direction.

“You think you know? We’ll just send some people there to but we still need to make sure we have everywhere covered so we can find her.” Charlie said interrupting me.

“I know where Bella is. She’s in the woods,” I said.

“Why would Bella go into the woods,” Charlie asked. He doesn’t believe me. Urgh, this is why I don’t help anyone in this family. They all think I’m stupid.

“Look Dad, I know Bella would normally not go into the woods, but I know for fact that’s where she went. She’s probably lost and hurt, and you’re not even going to do anything about it,” I exclaimed.

“We don’t have time for games. Sam, you take half the group to the west side of Forks. I’ll take the other half to the east. Make sure you inform everyone she is missing. We want all the eyes we can get looking out for her.”

I shook my head in disappointment. I ran back upstairs trying to hold my tears back. If they don’t wanna believe me, then I’ll go get Bella myself. I raced to my closet and got my old backpack I used for camping. I grabbed an umbrella, a flashlight, a blanket, and an extra jacket from my room. I placed them in my backpack. I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 8:00pm. I placed my cell phone in the backpack. I switched my boots for a pair of hiking boots. I tied my hair into a high ponytail. I grabbed my backpack and made my way downstairs. Everyone was still there discussing ideas on how to find Bella. I ran to the kitchen. I grabbed the first-aid kit, three bottles of water, a granola bar, bug spray, and extra batteries. I threw everything into my backpack, and zipped it up. I started making my way to the door when I was stopped by Charlie.

“Where do you think you’re going,” he asked for behind me. I turned around and stared him right in the eye.

“If you don’t believe me then I’m gonna go get her myself,” with that I turned and left.

I made my way to the edge of the woods. I turned around to see if anyone had followed me. All I could see was people looking at me from out of the window. I took my backpack from off my back and took out the flashlight. I check to make sure it turned on properly. After confirming that it did, I grabbed two batteries and placed them in my front pocket. I took my cell phone and checked the time. 8:17pm. I placed the cell phone in my back pocket. I zipped the backpack back up. I turned the flashlight back on and made my way towards the forest.

I’ve never been afraid of the forest nor the dark, but for some reason I was freaked out. I could hear all of the animals moving around. The farther I got into the forest the darker it got. After about five minutes, I started calling out Bella’s name. I kept walking on. I couldn’t find any sign of her. Then I saw something twinkle on the floor. I rushed towards the object. I dropped to my knees in front of the object. After checking to make sure there were no animals nearby, I picked up the object. I recognized it as the charm bracelet that Bella always wore. At least I knew I was on the right track. Now all I need to do is find foot prints or something that will let me know what direction she went in.

I took the backpack off my back again. I tuck the flashlight underneath my chin, so I could see what I was doing in the backpack. I propped my left leg up and sat my backpack on my left thigh. I unzipped the backpack and placed the bracelet inside of it. I took my phone and checked the time. 8:57pm. I put it back in my back pocket. I zipped up the back pack. I put the backpack on my back, and grabbed the flashlight from underneath my chin. I started slowly checking the ground making sure not to destroy any evidence of which way Bella could have gone.

I saw a faint foot step, but it was too big to be Bella’s plus it was heading in the direction of the house. I kept looking until I came across a branch that was snapped into two. I picked it up and examined the color of the inside of the branch. I grabbed a branch from the tree the snapped branch I came from. I snapped that branch in half, and compared the color. They were almost identical, except the branch I had found was a little darker indicating that the break had happened earlier today. I kept evaluating the area just in case the twig was broken by an animal. After finding no other lead, I decided to follow the twig. I relocated the twig, and headed that direction.

“Bella, Bella, Bella are you here? Can you hear me? Bella,” I shouted. I kept walking looking for clues along the way to see if I could find a hint that she was anywhere nearby or if she had actually gone this way. After a while I decided to take a break. I sat down underneath a tree. I took my backpack off and placed it in between my legs. I tucked the flashlight underneath my chin and began looking for my bottle of water. After locating it and opening it, I grabbed the flashlight from underneath my chin. I took a big swig of the liquid finally quenching my thirst. I found my phone and checked the time. 9:45pm. I tossed my phone back into my backpack. I leant my head against the tree and let out a frustrated sigh. I lifted my head and took in my surroundings. Many different types of greenery surrounded me; Large trees, shrubs, grass, and flowers. The forest has gotten a lot denser since the beginning of this journey. I lifted my flashlight and began to search the area. Nothing.

I was beginning to give up hope. Maybe everyone was right. They probably already have her, and here I am wasting my time looking for someone who is already safe. I looked around once more. I sighed and decided to start making my way back home. After I had everything packed and ready something caught my eye. A string of red string was hanging on one of the tree limbs. I walked closer and examined the string. I turned the light in the direction of the sting and saw a continuous strain heading in that direction. I remembered from this morning that Bella was wearing red flannel pants. I rushed in that direction. I ran as fast as I could following the strain of string.

Several feet ahead of me I could barely make out a figure lying slumped on the ground. The closer I got I could make out hear hair color. I began running as fast as I could towards her. I skidded to slow down and slid on my knees.

“Bella, are you alright,” I asked. I flipped her over so she was on her back.

“Edward,” she whispered. I frowned.

“No Bells, It’s me Donna, you know your sister,” I said.

I placed my flashlight on the ground next to her, and I took my backpack off my back. I grabbed the first-aid kit from out of it. I picked up the flashlight and did a check over Bella looking for any wounds. She had a few scraps and bruises, but nothing to serious. I grabbed the antiseptic wipes from the kit. I began wiping them over her cuts. She winced but that was the only reaction she gave. After I was done with that I grabbed the bandages, gauze, and tape. I put the bandages on her small wounds, but for the large cut on her right forearm and the cut on her right calf I used the gauze. I sat her up into a sitting position. I began rummaging through my bag for a bottle of water and the granola bar I had brought. Once I had found them, I handed them to her. After she took her first sip of water and a bite of the granola bar, I started looking for the jacket and blanket I had brought. I took them out of the bag and placed both of them on her. Once she was finish with both the granola bar and the bottle of water I took them and placed them in my backpack. I grabbed my cell phone and checked the time. 10:23pm.

I placed my phone back into the bag. Once I assured that I had everything. I zipped up the backpack and placed it on my back. I switched the batteries in my flashlight. I helped Bella to her feet. We took two steps before she collapsed.

“I can’t. Everything hurts,” Bella said clutching her right leg. I took my backpack and placed it on her back. After making sure the backpack was secure, I lifted Bella up and placed her on my back. We started the long trek back to our house. I followed the string until I came to the place where I rested. After evaluating the area, I picked the right path and headed in that direction. Somewhere in the trip, Bella fell asleep. It made carrying her difficult, but I wouldn’t dare wake her. I took a quick break to get something to drink and to relax my aching body. I checked the time once again, 12:51am. Because of the extra weight, the trip back to the house was taking longer than getting her.

After a while of walking I started to hear loud shouting. Eventually bright lights we peering through the now thinning foliage. I made the finally steps and emerge out of the forest. We were quickly spotted. People began yelling for Charlie. When Charlie spotted us, he ran over with two other guys. One of the guys removed Bella from my back, while the other grabbed Bella and ran her over to the paramedic’s truck. Charlie engulfed me in a huge hug.

“I’m so sorry. I should have listened to you. I was just so scared, and when time started t pass and you hadn’t returned I began to panic. I don’t know what I would do if you two weren’t in my life,” I whispered while holding me tight.

“It’s okay. We are here and we are safe,” I said hugging him back just as tightly. After releasing me, he wiped away tears hadn’t even known I had shed.

“You should go get checked out by the paramedics to make sure you’re alright,” he said while leading me over there. Bella was now up and being checked over. When we arrived the paramedic looked up and smiled at us.

“Did you bandage these up,” he asked.

“Yes sir,” I said. I started to panic did I do it wrong.

“This is a very good job. There are no signs of any infection and the gauze the wrapped perfectly over the wounds. If I didn’t know better I would think this was done by a professional,” he said before giving me another reassuring smile.

“Thank you sir,” I said. I walked over to Bella and gave her a hug.

“It looks like you might have a future doctor on your hands, Sheriff,” the paramedic told Charlie. The paramedic gave me a quick look over, told me I was good, and walked off talking to Charlie. I helped Bella walk into the house. I placed her on the couch, and made sure she was nice and warm in her blanket.

Everyone began piling into the house. Charlie got everyone quiet and thanked them once again. He offered them coffee and everyone began to talk and mingle. Many came and check on me and Bella. Slowly the crowd dispersed, leaving only Bella, Charlie, Billy, Jacob, Sam, and myself here.

I got up and started making my way towards my room. Before I could make it to the stairs, someone called my name. I turned around and spotted Jacob.

“Yes Jake,” I said.

“Are you guys okay? I’m really okay, not just telling everyone your okay,” he clarified.

“I’m fine, but to be honest I’m not sure about Bella. She just broke up with her boyfriend and I fear it is too much for her,” I said.

“Alright, if you guys need anything don’t hesitate to call me,” he said before wishing me a goodnight. I headed up stair change into my pajamas, and quickly fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come soon :)
Things are gonna start getting very exciting. There is alot of drama!!!!
Comment and subscribe!!