Status: Updates coming more reguarly <3

Unknown and Always Second

Chapter 9

Chapter 9 – Goodbyes

Ashley left Sunday afternoon. I tried calling Jasper, but there was never an answer. I asked Bella if she had heard from Edward or Jasper recently. She said they had gone on a hunting trip. Monday morning, neither Jasper nor the Cullen clan arrived at school. I attempted to call him several time to make sure he was alright, but there was never an answer. By Friday, the Cullens had still not called us nor attended school. Fear began to consume me. On Saturday I decided to go to their house to see if they were there.
I hopped off my bed and made my way to Bella’s room. I pounded on her door because she had her stereo blaring. After a few minutes of relentless pounding, the door was finally flung open.

“What,” Bella yelled. She was taking Edward’s disappearance a lot worse than was taking Jasper’s. She has barely eaten anything this whole week. She has bags underneath her eyes indicating lack of sleep, and she doesn’t talk to anyone. She was currently wear a pair of red flannel pajama bottoms and a black shirt.
“I’m heading over to the Cullen’s residence to get some answers on what is going on. I just wanted to know if you wanted to come with me,” I asked. As soon as I finished asking her, Bella immediately broke down. Tears began pour down her face. I pulled her into a hug and tried to console her.
“It shouldn’t be like this. We shouldn’t have to go chasing them. They should be with us or at least check in with us so we know that they are okay,” Bella said once she had finally calmed down.
“I know sweetie, I want you to stay here and calm down. I’ll go over there and figure this all out,” I said. After making sure Bella was fine, I made my way back up to stairs to change out of my Pj’s. I throw on a pair of jeans, a black sweater, and a plaid jacket. I put on wool socks and my red boots. I grabbed my wallet, cell phone, and keys. I rushed out the door and made my way to the Cullen’s house.
I could barely concentrate on the road. I can’t believe they would do this to us. I thought they liked us. All of the Cullen’s treated us so nicely. Why would they just stop speaking to us? It makes no sense. All this week, I’ve been worried out of my mind. I’ve come up with ever possible reason for why they would just leave without so much as a goodbye. At first I thought Ashley might have done something to offend Jasper, but they couldn’t have been the reason why ALL of the Cullen mysteriously stop talking to us. Plus I’ve never pinpointed Jasper as the kind of guy to walk away from a problem without trying to fix it first.
I pulled up to the Cullen’s house and hopped out of the car. I was in such a rush that I didn’t even bother to turn off the car nor close the driver side door. I rushed up to the door and knocked. After 5 minutes, I started banging and yelling. Thank God they didn’t have neighbors or I would have had the cops called on me.
I don’t know how long I had stayed their banging and yelling. I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder. I yelped and turned around. I took in my surroundings and notice that it was dark outside. I placed my face in my hands and began to cry again. I felt a hand on my shoulder again. This time when I looked up I saw Rosalie. I was quite shocked. Although Rosalie was never mean to me, she never spoke to me either.
“Rose,” I whispered. My voice was hoarse from my obsessive crying. She outstretched her arms, offering a hug. I immediately ran into them. I cried into her chest for while. She just rubbed my back, and soothed me. Once I had regained control of my emotions, I stepped out of the hug, and looked at her.
“What’s going on,” I asked still whispering. She looked at me before looking down. She sighed before looking back up. She grabbed my hand and led me to the chairs on their front porch. After we were both settled, she turned towards me.
“Okay, first of all I must tell you that I am not supposed to be here. My family has already left to go to Alaska. I told them that I had forgotten some of my clothes and that I need to come back and get them. Alice had a vision that you would end up coming here looking for us, so we left earlier than we originally planned to.
“Last week when Jasper and Edward went to your house, Bella and Edward came into a little trouble. Apparently Edward toke Bella to some secret spot they have in the woods. While there, Edward gave Bella a gift. While opening the gift, Bella ended up slicing her finger. To make a long story short Edward began to attack her. Fortunately, Edward was able to gain control before he did any real harm to her. So that’s why Jasper had to leave so abruptly. Edward was calling him telling him they had to leave.
“When they had got back home, Edward was flipping out. He eventually told everyone the story. Edward decided it would be best if we just left here before him or Jasper did any real harm to you or Bella. Jasper didn’t want to agree at first. He was going to bring you with us, but then Alice started having these crazy visions. In the first one, she saw you getting attacked by the Volturi. The attack was so brutally and so vicious that it had Alice near tears. If she could cry, she would have. Then in the second vision she saw you as one of us. After that Jasper decided it would be best if he left you here. He doesn’t want to become one of us nor does he want you to be brutally attacked.”
“Wow,” was all I could say. So much has happened in just one week. I was at a loss for words.
“Why are you telling me all of these? Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy you are telling me this, but why,” I asked. She smiled at me, and gave me another hug. She pulled away before wiping away some of my tears.
“I might not have really showed it, but I kinda admire you. You’re so different from your sister. You have a way of shining in a crowd. I’ve actually been quite jealous of you. And to be honest I wouldn’t mind you being one of us because that would make you my sister. I would love for you to be my sister.”
“I would love it if you were my sister too, but Jasper made up his mind. He decided to leave me behind.”
“Sweetheart it’s about time that you learned that the real mind behind any great man is a great woman. They would be able to function without us. He might think he knows what he wants, but it time for you to show him what he wants.”
“You’re right. I need time to plan this all out, but I’m not letting him leave me. Will you help me with this?”
“Of course I will. I’ll give you my cell number so you can call me.”
“Alright and I’m gonna need help from my best friend as well. I’ll try to make sure she doesn’t find out about you guys’ secret.”
“Be careful, I have to leave now so they won’t be suspicious. And try to control how well planned out your plan is. You’re gonna need some form of surprise to make sure Alice doesn’t have a vision about it,” Rosalie said. She gave me one more parting hug and was gone in a flash. I walked back to my car, and hopped into the driver seat. With one last glance at the Cullen’s ex home, I made my way home not prepared for what I was going to see once I got there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I have updated in a long time, but now all i have is time so expect more updates more often.
Thanks to those whose left comments:
Slayer
Airheart.101
Angel Devastation