Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

Let's Do it Again

“Why the hell are we at the foam pit? Everyone knows I can’t stand them,” I complained to no one unparticular.

“You love foam pits,” Todd smirked at me as his eyebrows cocked upward. “Especially the Mulisha one,” he went on, grabbing everyone’s attention except for Katie. She still hasn’t emerged from the house.

“Todd!” I said quickly as I covered his mouth.

“Why do you like the Mulisha one so much?” Bilko asked with a look that almost matched Todd’s.

“I was nineteen and dumb,” I said glaring at Todd. I could feel him smirk against my hand.

“What’d you do that was so dumb?” Travis had to ask as I pulled my hand away from Todd’s mouth. It was no use.

“It’s how I convinced her to my girlfriend,” he smiled at me, but smirked at the guys.

“And what was the, mate?” the Aussie countered.

“He whipped it out,” I said, trying so hard to keep a smile from my face.

Everyone looked at us with the strangest looks. Todd and I were trying so hard to keep laughter from escaping us.

“If I remember correctly, I whipped it out a few times that day,” he added through his laughing fit.

Bilko, Trav, Andy, and Greg were still looking at us the same way, but they lessoned to smirks.

“His bike you dumbasses. You know? It is Todd Potter. He’s known for having the best whips,” I said as my laughter slowly died down.

“That wasn’t funny,” Greg said, but yet had a smile on his face.

“Yes it was, because you guys have dirty little minds,” I said in a teasing, disapproving way.

“But we did have sex in the foam pit,” Todd blurted out.

I seriously smacked my hand against my forehead. Just when I thought he had intelligence… And of course this time all the guys, including Todd, start another laughing fit. Thankfully, Katie emerged from the garage with her bike under her.

“What’s so funny?” she asked as she looked around at everyone.

“Nothing,” I said quickly as the guys slowly regained their composure.

She looked at everyone oddly before she accepted.

“So what are we attempting today?” Todd asked as he clapped his hands together and rubbed them, eager to get started.

“The Filipino Flip!” Katie exclaimed excitedly.

We all looked at her with the same dumbfounded expression. She just giggled at us.

“My friend and I just came up with it. I’m going to flip my bike, but as that’s flipping I’m going to flip myself,” she stated.

Is this chick crazy? That’s like some Kyle Loza shit… but adding a flip to it. I looked over at Todd. His face showed the same worried expression as mine. Come to think of it, all of the guys had that same exact look.

“Katie, don’t do anything stupid that’s going to mess up your shoulder again,” Travis said, stating what everyone was thinking.

This chick just came back from a shoulder injury. To try something that crazy the first day back is just… insane. But does seem pretty sweet…if she pulls it.

“I’m fine. I have it protected. It’s just a foam pit. How injured could I get from that?” she said as she strapped her helmet on.

I shook my head as she started to gas the bike. Flipping alone is so dangerous. But to flip the bike and your body at the same time just seemed so ridiculous. For some reason, images of Lusk’s crash started to play out in my mind. I reached for Todd’s hand, which he gladly gave me. Even though I did want to see Katie pull it, I was so nervous for her… so nervous that I shut my eyes as I heard her approach the ramp.

Seconds went by of just her engine being heard. That was soon followed by the famous ‘oh shit’ that accompanies a pretty hard crash. Todd’s hand left mine as I heard rushed foot steps go past me. I quickly opened my eyes and saw everyone on the edge of the foam pit. I was soon to follow.

“What happened?” I asked as Katie was nowhere to be seen.

“We all thought that she was going to over jump the foam pit. You better stay down there, Sheila. At least you can’t pull that nasty trick from down there,” Bilko said with a smile in his voice.

We all heard something but it wasn’t auditable. She was too far down in the foam. Bilko, Todd, and Travis jumped down and started to pull away the foam cube by cube. Within a few minutes, Bilko was pulling her out by the hand. She had this huge smile on her face.

“Let’s do it again!” she shouted as she pumped her arms in the air.

“No,” everyone seemed to say at the same time.

“Aw, come on. I so got that trick. Just a few more tries. That’s so much fun,” she kept going on as she climbed out.

We all looked at her like she was crazy, but we let her go on. I just hope her shoulder holds up. There’s only so much a few cubes of foam can do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?