Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

My Dad

I felt like absolute shit. I felt horrible for being a bitch to Todd. But I couldn't bring myself to see him in the hospital. Molly tried to get me to go but I'd just make up a bullshit excuse not too. Not to mention, I was pretty much alone training for X-Games. Everyone was at the hospital, leaving me to train alone. Travis lectured me, telling me make sure someone was always there. But of course, I don't listen.

I hummed quietly as I walked into the arena. Today they were letting riders test out the courses, train there. I looked around me in awe. This place was huge! And defiantly intimidating. I slowly walked up and down the ramps, checking the distance and being a total nerd, calculating distance. As I walked back outside to my truck, I noticed a few guys pulling in with their trucks. And I immediately recognized one of them as a part of the mulisha. Those guys were all pretty bad ass, and being one of the only girls here today, I got nervous. I pulled my bike off the truck bed and grabbed my helmet from the front seat. I could feel people staring, which made it worse. I rolled my bike inside, still feeling people staring. I pulled on my helmet and headed for a jump. I need to perfect my back flips in order for my special trick to work.

I flipped a few times and they came out perfectly, until my decided to stall right as I flipping. I managed to make it all the way around and land my bike, but the little shit flung me off. I groaned and rolled onto my back. I had to stay calm or I was about to start yelling at my bike like a crazy person. I stood up and glared at my bike. I put my hands on my hips and shifted my weight to my left leg.

“Are you gonna be good? Or are you going to bitch out on me again?” I said to my bike.

I heard someone chuckle and then a shadow appeared next to me. I turned and saw a tall guy with tons of tattoos. Metal Mulisha.

“Bike giving you trouble?” He asked with a laugh.

“Noooo, I just like talking to my bike.” I said sarcastically.

He laughed more and shook his head.

“God I hope Katrina doesn't act like that when she grows up.” He said.

“My daughter.” He said, noticing the confusion on my face.

“No offense but who are you?” I asked, taking off my helmet.

“Jeremy, call me Twitch. And don't worry, I know you.” He said.

Oh great. Now I look like the asshole. Probably one of Todd's friends.

“Why aren't you visiting Todd in the hospital?” My head snapped to his direction. Holy shit, is this dude my guardian angel of some shit?

“I saw him earlier today. He asked that I make sure your doing okay.” Who the hell does Todd think he is!? My dad!? Well he's not.

“Your talking to yourself.” He said.

My face turned bright red and I turned away.

“Why are you so mad? Todd's a nice guy. He wants you to do good. He wouldn't ask if he didn't care.” I shrugged and pulled on my helmet.

I felt a few tears form in my eyes and blinked hard, trying to get them to go away.

“I gotta practice.” I said, my voice shaking.

I rode off as fast as I could. Travis always told me to not ride when I was upset but right now, I didn't give a shit. I went for the biggest ramp I could find and hit it with too much speed, I tried a 360 but the rotation went wrong and my bike went flying. All I could do was pray that I didn't get seriously injured. I hit the ground and spots came across my vision. I closed my eyes, my head hurting. I opened them again and I wasn't on the dirt anymore. I was in the medic tent, an EMT shining a light into my eyes. He sighed with relief and looked at Twitch. greeeat

“She'll be fine. Just knocked herself out. She should take a break for a little while.” The EMT said before leaving.

“Nice going there Cinderella.” He said with a laugh.

I glared at him and sat up, the room spinning slightly. I blinked a few times before regaining composer.

“So, why were you crying?” He asked. FUCK

“Oh and I had to call Molly and tell her what happened. Her and Todd were worried.” I'm going to kill this guy.

“First, I'm not telling you, no it has nothing to do with Todd. Second, that's fantastic, I have to go see them in the hospital now don't I!?” I snapped

“No need to yell. You can tell me why you were upset in the car. Yes, we're going to the hospital. You need to see Todd and Molly.” He said, gently guiding me towards the door.

I never thought I was going to tell anyone why I get so upset sometimes but I decided that the only way to get better with it is to tell someone. In the truck, I told him about my dad. How he died when I was 16. He had cancer and every time I think about it, I get emotional. Travis doesn't know, nor does anyone in the moto world. The only people who know are my mom, my step-dad, Mary, Angie, and Sam.

“I'm so sorry. That's....awful.” He said as we parked.

I stayed silent the rest of the time. My legs suddenly didn't want to work when Twitch looked at me and said

“You should tell them about your dad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
wheew! that was long!
Whatcha think? :)

COMMENTS!!!

MRS.TODD POTTER!