Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

Surgery

I have not left Todd’s side for two days. They finally moved him to a regular room, which gave me so much comfort in his condition. He needs another surgery before he can leave. So you’re probably already guessed right. He’s out of the X Games. That’s the thing that’s been bugging him. The poor thing. He’s trained so hard all year for this weekend. For him to just have it end like that, is so heart breaking for me.

“Stop it, Mr. Grumpy,” I teased as I saw him pouting, sticking my bottom lip out before I kissed him softly.

“I should be out there,” he said, referring to the coverage on TV of the X Games.

Even though it was still a day away, there was so much on the TV about it already. Their main topic: Katie Grand. Since I had backed out to be by Todd’s side, that he doesn’t know yet, she is the only female in any of the FMX contests. It made me happy to see the youngster get some coverage. She deserves it. She’s been working really hard the last few months.

A few of the Mulisha guys had come to see Todd earlier. One of them being Twitch. Being the nice guy that he is, he asked if Todd needed anything. Todd stayed quiet for a few seconds, looking back and forth between Jeremy and I before replying.

“Just make sure Katie doesn’t hurt herself. She’s never had anyone not there for her. Just watch over her,” he said.

I resisted my urges to saw aw. Todd’s so caring. I love him. Twitch left a few minutes after that, promising to take good care of Katie before he disappeared behind the door. The two of us didn’t even have ten minutes alone when some others walked in.

CAM!” I exclaimed, seeing the Aussie and jumping up from my position on Todd’s bed to hug him.

The last time I saw him was in the same state Todd was in. He was the victim of a double back flip gone wrong. I’m glad to say he looks a lot better today.

“I heard my wanker of a friend was in a bingle. Stupid Americans,” he teased with a smile as his gaze drifted towards Todd. He simply replied by flipping him off. “Cheer up, mate. You got this beauty beside you. I’m sure she’ll take good care of you,” he said with a raised eyebrow.

“Shut up,” I said, pushing him lightly, causing Todd to smirk.

This guy is one of Bilko’s best friends. And he happens to ride for the Mulisha, making him one of Todd and I’s good friends too. He didn’t stay too long; maybe about a half hour. He probably would have stayed longer if Todd’s doctor hadn’t came in. He was just checking on him, but also letting us know that his surgery was going to happen in about an hour. Once he left the room, I looked down at Todd and frowned.

“I’m going to be fine,” he reassured me, brining back to his side.

“I thought I was the one that’s supposed to say that to you.”

“You are. But you’re not right now so I am,” he smiled before kissing my forehead. “This one’s different. I’ve never really had a knee injury before,” he went on.

“I know. Do you realize how much rehab you’re going to need?” I asked as the thought came to me.

“Just a little,” he countered sarcastically.

We went on, talking for a few more minutes before the TV caught my eye. Katie’s picture was up in the corner. I reached across Todd, carful not to hurt his wrist, to take the remote and turn the volume up.

“… Grand has apparently knocked herself out in practice. Medics are still skeptical if she will be able to ride tomorrow night or…” the reporter said.

I looked at Todd, seeing the same look I knew I had in my eyes, I dug my phone out of my pocket and dialed Jeremy’s number.

“What’d up Molls,” he answered cheerily on the other end.

“How’s Katie?” I asked quickly.

“She’s fine. We’re actually on our way to see you guys. She really wants to talk to you,” he said, his voice changing tones towards the end.

“Alright. I guess we’ll see you when you guys get here,” I said before we both said our goodbyes.

Todd eyed me oddly, wanting me to explain what Twitch had said. I told him and he just nodded his head in agreement. He put his uninjured arm around me and pulled me close against him. A few minutes later, his doctor reemerged. I dreaded the words that would come out of his mouth.

“We’re ready for you Mr. Potter,” he said with a small smile.

I got up from my comfortable position, once again, frowning down at him.

“I love you,” he said, taking my hand.

This simple action caused me to smile so much. I squeezed his hand slightly as my free hand ran through his hair a few times.

“I love you too,” I replied before I kissed him softly.

We held eye contact as he let out a sigh. A couple nurses came in and wheeled him out of the room. I hated seeing him disappear down the hallway, knowing that some man I don’t know is going to be cutting into his skin to fix his ACL. Even though I knew it had to be done, it was still unnerving. I don’t like anyone touching my man but me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tad bit short... my bad. But there is more to come! haha

and just because he's sooo cute...
CAM SINCLAIR!