Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

Freak of Nature

Fucking Bilko. I am so going to hurt him even more than that crash did. The freak of nature. Just looking at him, you can tell that he’s not all there…more than he usually isn’t. But I guess I should be happy for him. At least he’s able to ride… unlike someone that’s next to me.

“My money’s on Katie,” he said with a smirk.

“My money’s on Katie,” I repeated, trying to sound like him with his southern Californian accent.

“It would have been on you, but you pulled out of Best Trick,” he said, mocking me.

“Shut up, Todd. I did it to take care of your sexy ass,” I smirked as a smile showed through.

“I don’t need any care from you… yet. Please make me happy and at least do freestyle,” he said as a pouty face came over him.

That looks just makes him so seductive. It always makes me kiss him no matter where we are or what we’re doing.

“So that’s a yes?” he asked when we parted.

I went to answer, but the announcer’s voice boomed through the arena, announcing that Katie was up again. I was nervous. Her trick is just crazy. So crazy that everyone knew she would just win from her first run. I don’t know why she wanted to do another run. But it’s her. I tried talking her out of it, but it didn’t work too well as you see.

But she didn’t do her Filipino Flip, thank god. She actually made Todd smile from the trick she did. Even though she got so pissed at him when she was practicing the trick, she pulled his Kiss of Death flip; the trick that took him out. He limped over to her and they embraced. It made me smile. The two came back over as her score came in. It obviously wasn’t as high as her first, but that was the winning run in my book…if Todd had done it.

“Good job, chicka,” I said as I pulled her in for a hug.

I was able to make out a thanks from her as she was still pressed against me. But once she heard a certain name being announced, she pulled away quickly. Even though his goggles and helmet were on, I could tell he was smiling down at Katie. When I looked back her, she was shaking. The poor thing. I slung my arm around her shoulder as he descended down the roll in. Neither of us had the slightest clue what he was going to pull. Knowing Bilko, I figured he would try the same trick again. But thank the lord, he didn’t. What he did pull was a pretty awesome trick though. Let me try to get this name right. They announced it as the ‘Flying Dutchman’. But it is actually a 360 Indian air, can-can. Sounds confusing, but is oh so amazing.

The second he landed, Katie was off and tackling him to the ground. They lay there, ignoring everyone else around them as he started to unbuckle his helmet. She pulled it off for him and kissed him. It was so cute. I think I even said aw out loud. Once their excitement wore off, she got to her feet and stuck her hand out to help him up. He mounted his bike and patted the back of his seat. Katie eyed him funny before climbing on herself and wrapping her arms snuggly around his torso. It was oh so cute. They remind me of Todd and I so much.

He came to a stop right in front of Todd and I. The whole time, Katie kept her arms around him and her head rested on his back. She stayed that way for the remainder of the contest.

The rest of the contestants either crashed out but didn’t get hurt or just didn’t get a high enough score. I don’t think Katie or Bilko were even paying attention. They were too focused on each other to know that they had won medals. Katie got gold and Bilko silver.

“Katie,” I yelled at her, causing her to finally look away from Bilko.

What?” she asked in a grumpy way. I had ruined their moment.

You won!” I yelled hugging her.

She started going crazy after that. She was in such shock that she couldn't find her voice. She could only hug everyone… mainly Blake. They went off together to get their medals. I looked over at Todd and he looked at me… with the look.

“You’re competing tomorrow,” he said rather than asked.

“Really Mr. Potter?” I asked as I crossed my arms and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Don’t make me force you,” he said in his Todd way.

“We’ll see,” I said shrugging him off as Bilko came over to us.

“We’re partying tonight!” he exclaimed as his medal gleamed around his neck.

“Not too hard now. Molls competing tomorrow,” Todd replied as his arm went around my shoulder.

“Is she now? More competition with the Sheilas huh?” Bilko asked with a cheesy grin.

“I said we’ll see,” I corrected.

I knew Todd was mouthing a ‘she will’ behind my back. I didn’t care. I was just so happy for Katie… and happy that neither her nor Bilko killed themselves. Maybe the freaks of nature belong together.
♠ ♠ ♠
woot! updates back on track

comment!

GO KATIE!