Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

I've Already Fallen for You

Molly,” I hear my lover yell from the bedroom of our hotel.

“What, baby?” I cooed as I walked in to see him to still lying on the bed like he had just woken up.

His short black hair was slightly messy. His eyes still had that drowsy look to them. It made me smile.

“Can you get me something? My knee is killing me. I can’t even move it without all this pain in it,” he said, wincing here and there.

“Of course, hun,” I said sweetly as I retreated into the kitchen to get his medication.

I think him staying in last night was the greatest thing he’s ever done. For the most part, Todd likes to party, obviously. But since he’s been injured, he’s been controlling it… even though it’s only been like four days. I’m proud of him though.

Just as I had gotten two pills for him and a glass of water, there was a knock on the door. It’s only 11:30. Who in the world could be at the door? When I opened it, I was surprised to see Katie standing in the doorway still in her pajamas.

“What’s the matter, hun?” I asked, noticing the look in her eyes.

There seemed to be so much hurt in them. All I wanted to do was pull her in for a hug, but maybe she was perfectly fine. Maybe she just woke up.

“Bilko,” she said before a few tears escaped from her eyes.

I frowned and placed Todd’s meds down before holding my arms out to her. She came to me willingly and let out a few sobs. That Aussie is so going to get it. I’ve fought too hard for him to do something to her to make her act like this.

“Here, come sit down. I have to give something to Todd,” I said as I led her to the couch.

She sat down and pulled her knees to her chest as more tears continued to fall. My heart sank for her. Seeing Todd made it a little better, but it was still there. He knew something was wrong though.

“Who’s here?” he asked with a mouth full of pills before quaffing some water.

“Katie,” I frowned as I sat down beside him.

He eyed me oddly as he pulled me across his chest.

“What’s going on?” he went on to ask.

“I don’t know. I guess Bilko did something. She’s all upset and crying,” I frowned as my finger ran up the center of his chest, causing little goose bumps to form, which made me smile.

“Well go find out. Don’t just leave her out there crying,” he said as he swatted my hand away.

I smirked at him before kissing his lips softly and leaving him with his aching knee. When I saw Katie, she seemed to be in a little better mood… only a little. I can’t stand to see someone cry. Just knowing that Bilko did something to cause her to be this way, made me not like him very much right now.

“What happened, sweetie?” I asked as I sat down beside her.

“We went out last night. I was ok with it at first. But then he wasn’t around me at all. When I finally found him, he was drunk and just…” she trailed off.

Obnoxious?” I tried for her.

“A little. But then as we were leaving, he just stops and kisses this girl. I don’t know how he could do that. I thought we were finally going somewhere with us,” she said as tears filled her eyes again.

“Aw, Katie,” I said as I hugged her again.

Bilko. Bilko. Bilko. I don’t see how he could do that to our sweet little Katie. I had no words for her though. Nothing that I said would make anything better, I thought.

“Do you want me to go talk to him?” I asked once I gave her a few minutes.

“No. I need to get my head settled so I can compete. I don’t need to be worried about him,” she said as she rubbed her eyes.

Todd came out a few minutes later. He saw Katie and sat on the other side of her. Being the sweet guy that he is, he started rubbing her back as her sobs weakened. She sat up and pulled her knees to her chest again. Todd was eyeing me like what the hell is going on. I just ignored him and kept my focus on Katie.

“I really hate to tell you this, but we have to leave here soon. Your contest starts in about an hour,” I said reluctantly, noticing the time.

“I’ll go get your stuff for you,” Todd said as he stood up with his crutches under his arms.

There’s something that made me smile. He was actually listening to the doctors…and me. Katie mumbled a thanks as he disappeared behind the door. She stood up and walked out to the kitchen.

“Do you want me to do anything?” I asked, feeling sorry for her as I followed.

“Could I just have some time to myself?” she asked as she wrapped her arms around herself.

I nodded my head yes and went back into the bedroom to get ready. About a five minutes later, Todd came back with Katie’s things. He soon came back and got ready himself.

Within the next twenty minutes, I was driving to the Freestyle competition. I was giving in to my man’s wants. I was competing… but just for him. He didn’t really say anything about Bilko commenting on anything that happened with him and Katie last night though. I don’t know if it was because he didn’t say anything or if Todd just didn’t want to hurt Katie. I was hoping for the last one.

Once we got there, Todd and I followed Katie to her bike. Mine was right next to hers, luckily. We both quickly pulled our riding gear on and then she just kind of zoned out. I didn’t know why, but I soon found out. Bilko and his bike were on the other side of her.

“You’re fine, hun. Just act like he’s not there,” I tried to calm her as he pulled his jersey on.

She looked at me and just frowned. I didn’t know what to tell her. I’ve never really been in this situation before. Todd and I have been pretty solid. But I think her mind was at ease as they started announcing riders. Bilko was before her so he left way before she did for his first run. But she left shortly after he did for some reason.

“What do I do, baby?” I asked Todd as I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

“Just worry about yourself. If they really care about each other and want to be with one another, they’ll fix it,” he said and then kissed the top of my head.

“But I feel so bad for her,” I said as I frowned at him and my name was called in the distance.

I happened to look down at the course and saw Katie approaching her last jump. She did a 360 heal clicker, but slid out of the end. She lay on the ground for a few second before getting up. I looked back at Todd and frowned once again.

“All you have to do is ride your bike. Just do that for me, please,” he said with his lips really close to mine.

I didn’t reply. I just closed the gap between us to kiss him quickly before hopping onto my bike. He smiled as he handed me my helmet and goggles. He yelled out I love you over the engine before I sped off.

My run wasn’t anything too impressive. I just wanted to get something down to build on. Once I got back, Bilko and Katie were bickering back and fourth.

“Why the hell would you do that to me?” Katie said a little loudly, but keeping her eyes dried.

“I didn’t do anything. It was that… chick,” he tried.

“But you kissed her back. I can’t believe that I was falling for you. That was one of my biggest mistakes,” she said as she rolled her eyes at him as she started to walk away.

“Katie, it wasn’t a mistake,” he said as he pulled her arm back to get her to turn around.

“Yes it was. It's obvious that I’m not getting anything back,” she said as her voice cracked just a little.

“No it wasn’t, because...,” he trialed off and lost her eye contact.

“Why, Bilko?” she asked, frustrated wit him.

“Because I’ve already fallen for you,” he said softly, bringing his eyes back up to hers slowly.

They stared at each other for a few seconds. The look in Katie’s eyes kept shifting. It kept going from hurt to love. I couldn’t really see Blake’s since his back was to me.

“Katie, I’m falling in love with you,” he finally came out and said.

A small smile came over her before she jumped up into his arms. It made me smile and grab onto Todd’s hand.

“I’m falling in love with you too, Bilko,” she said before kissing him.

They had their little moment, but then the announcer’s voice came through the speakers. Katie looked right at me and said:

“Let’s go kick some guy’s asses, Molls.”

“Let’s go get em, Chicka,” I said happily as I mounted my bike.

This was the Katie I liked. Just happy and so completive. I didn’t know who was going to win. I didn’t care. All that matter was that everything was better now… well minus Todd in his injured condition, but we’ll work on that later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Little long... my bad lol

Comment please!