Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

One Chance

After Molly left, my doctor came in, ready to take me into surgery. I hugged my family and as soon as they left Blake kissed me quickly.

“I'll be waiting when you get back.” He said with a smile.

I hugged him and the nurses rolled me away, injecting me with what they called 'Happy Juice'. My eyes started getting heavy and before I knew it, I was asleep.

I woke up back in my room, surround by flowers. My stomach felt sore and every time I moved, it hurt. Not a lot, but it defiantly wasn't comfy. I looked to my side and saw Blake fast asleep. I smiled at how cute he looks when hes sleeping. My mom poked her head and smiled weakly at me. She came over and sat next to me.

“How are you feeling sweetie?” She asked, taking my hand.

“Much better. Well rested.” I said, giving her a thumbs up as well.

“You got that from Travis for sure.” She said with a laugh. We got silent and she sighed.

“Honey...I want to talk to you about....him.” She said, looking at Blake's sleeping body.

“His name is Blake mother.” I said, already getting angry.

“Don't you think your going too fast? I mean, he lives in a completely different country.” She said.

“Not at all.” I shot back.

“Why him though? You never know when he'll die. He could break his spinal cord doing a trick tomorrow.”

“So could I.” She gave me a look that read don't be a smart ass

“Mom, I love him. I really do. He's sweet, and thoughtful. He knows how to make me laugh and he's protective. We always having something to talk about, since we both do motocross. Mom, you need to give him a chance.” She sighed and let go of my hand, she looked down and then back at me.

“Your so young. Your 19, he's 24. How can you be so sure that you love him?” She said.

“You can never be sure about love. It's not meant to be thought about. Your supposed to just dive in and hope to not lose your heart.” She cracked a smile, but then frowned again.

“Would you be willing to throw your life away? Just for him?” I looked over at Blake. His gorgeous brown eyes hidden. His black hair tousled from lack of a shower. I couldn't help but smile.

“Yes.” My mom sighed again and looked at me with sorrow in her eyes.

“I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want you to lose him like I lost your father. Some freak accident could take him away just like that. Could you handle that?” I hated how she brought my dad into the conversation.

“No. I wouldn't be able to handle that. I would cry every day for the rest of my life. But I know that he would want me to move on and be happy. And that's what I'd try to do.” I could tell that she was getting frustrated with how committed I am to him.

“I'll give him one chance, that's it.” She said before walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol. my mom would be like that ;)

cooommmeeennntttsss

kylee :)