Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

Urg, mornings. Why can’t we just skip over that time of day? The sun shining through the windows had woken me up. I stretched and let my eyes adjust to the lighting. A small panic came over me once I noticed that I wasn’t in or bedroom. But once I saw Todd’s sleeping face, I settled down. We slept on the couch. I can’t remember the last time that’s happened. It made me smile.

I was enjoying my regular morning routine of watching my new fiancé sleeping. Those wonderful thoughts were soon interrupted once his phone went off. I sighed as I set up to get it… but I couldn’t find it. Seeing a square bulge in his short’s pocket, I had found his cellular device. Why couldn’t he have just woken up to answer it? The damn ringtone’s so loud; I don’t see how he didn’t. I carefully dug into his pocket and retrieved the stupid piece of plastic. I rolled my eyes when I saw who it was.

“I swear you and Todd are joined at the hip,” I teased.

“Aw, come on, Molls. Don’t be jealous,” his Aussie voice rang through my ears. “Where is he anyway?”

“He’s sleeping,” I simply said.

“Well wake him up. Damn, it’s past noon.”

“I’m not waking him up. He needs his rest,” I said, a little too meanly maybe.

“Alright. But Katie and I are coming over. She’s bored out of her mind and she told me I had to ride so…” he trailed off.

“I’ll make sure he’s up before you get here, Blakey,” I said nicely.

He thanked me in his cheesy way before we said goodbye. I looked at Todd and really didn’t want to wake him up. He looked so peaceful… and just gorgeous.

“Baby,” I said softly, rubbing his arm in hopes that would wake him up.

He stirred but didn’t open his dazzling brown eyes. I tired again, this time with a louder tone and a little rougher touch.

“Mhmm,” he groaned as his eyes slowly fluttered open.

He lay there looking so rejuvenated and happy. It made me smile. He’s usually not the best morning person.

“Morning, beautiful,” he pushed out through a blissful sigh.

“More like afternoon, handsome,” I smirked before kissing him softly.

“Is it really? Why’d you let me sleep so late?” he asked as he shot up and rested on his elbows.

“Well I didn’t know you wanted up at a certain time. Bilko called though. He’s coming over to ride for a little bit,” I said as I pushed myself up and started for the stairs.

Todd stayed on the couch mumbling little swears that made me giggle. I just continued my way to get ready. Knowing Katie wasn’t able to ride, I figured I would just chill out with her today and watch the boys play. Todd barged into the bathroom, wearing only his boxers. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“No time. Shower,” he said hurriedly as he continued his way through the bathroom.

Shortly after, water could be heard. I shook my head with a smile, leaving him to his business. I went downstairs and waited for either Bilko and Katie to show or Todd coming down the stairs. I’m glad to say that Todd emerged first, geared up minus the jersey. From all the years we’ve been together, I still can’t breathe when I see him this way.

“Are they here yet?” he asked as he zoomed through the house with a little stagger.

That reminded me…

“How the hell can you ride?” I asked quickly, turning my head in his direction.

“It’s called rehab, baby,” he smirked before putting his shades on.

“Todd, I’m serious. It’s only been about a month. You’re knees not even close to being at one hundred percent.”

“It’s fine. I just can’t go all out,” he said as he pulled me close to him

His scent was so intoxicating. Between his body wash, shampoo, and cologne it was so over powering. It sidetracked me. As I was still taking in his wonderful aroma, it gave him time to slowly pull away from me. Once I felt his arm leave me, I looked up and he was already out the back door.

“Todd," I said with a sigh, knowing that he didn’t hear me.

I guess it’s his body. He can do what he wants with it.As long as he leaves some for me… I stayed in the kitchen, watching him get his bike out. Just as he had started it, I heard a car pull in our driveway. Bilko and Katie are here! I slipped my shoes on and went out to the garage. Both of the two new lovebirds were there.

“Go ride your stupid bike,” I heard Katie say as she stuck her tongue out at him.

As he pulled his helmet on and left, I couldn’t help but let out a laugh.

“Keep laughing,” she said with a little anger. Aw, she’s upset because she can’t ride with her man.

“Nah, I’m good,” I replied with a small smile on my face.

She eyed me funny. She knew something was up. All I did was bring my hand up and wiggled the finger that had my sparkling ring on it.

“He proposed?” she asked with a smile and her eyes wide.

I nodded my head with my full smile showing as she started to scream and she hugged me.

“He went to Jared!” she said in a cheesy way.

“He went to Jared,” I smiled and then a fit of laughter came over us. “What’s with the dress?” I asked noticing her not in her usual attire.

“Doctors,” she said huffily and we sat down in a few lawn chairs that Todd had placed around.

We went on to talk out or wonder men. Those faded into other topics though. After about an hour, we got caught up in watching the boys have fun… Todd a little too much if you ask me.

“Molly, can I talk to you?” Katie asked in a different tone than what we’ve have been talking in.

“Of course, hun. What’s up?” I asked as nicely as I could.

“How long have you and Todd been away from each other at one time?” she asked, playing with the hem of her dress.

“Wow… um,” I blurted out. It took me a while to think. “Maybe about three weeks. It hasn’t ever gone over a month though,” I answered. “Why?” I asked.

“I have to go home in two days. I’m not too sure how to handle the whole relationship thing with Blake. I really don’t want to leave him,” she replied, still keeping her eyes to the cement floor.

“Aw, Kates.”

“He told me that he wanted to take me Australia with him though. He’s never said anything else about it. I don’t know what to do about anything,” she said full of frustration.

“Just ask him about it. He’s a sweetie. He’s not going to get mad at you. He loves you too much,” I said and that actually made her smile. “Hey, maybe he would want to go home with you. Who knows?” I smiled this time.

“Maybe,” she replied shortly after she saw the boys riding towards us.

They both came to a stop inches away from our legs. I gave Todd the stare down, knowing he was smirking behind his helmet and mirror goggles. Once he took his helmet off, my thought was correct.

“How’s the knee?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Sore as fuck,” he replied as he limped off of his bike.

“Why were you even riding?” Katie asked with a disapproving look on her face that mirrored mine a few hours ago.

“It’s no fun on the sidelines,” he said like he had that quote planned for weeks.

“Don’t I know it,” she replied.

“Aw, Sheila. Don’t be that way. You’ll be back in no time,” Blake replied and slung his arm around her. “But we should really get going. You need to rest,” he continued, looking at Katie.

“Why don’t you guys stay for dinner? Todd’s actually letting me cook tonight,” I teased, eyeing Todd.

I have cooking skills. I don’t know why he never lets me use them. He’s always like ‘lets just go out. It’s so much easier.’ Men…

“I want to. Please Blakie. I feel fine,” Katie said with all little pout to her, something I knew Bilko would give into.

“Fine. I guess,” he sighed playfully.

“Come on, Molls. I’ll help you with dinner,” Katie said as she walked over and pulled my arm into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOT!

comment?

Molly and Todd