Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

The Little Aussie Does Grow on You

“Are you insane?” I snapped at Todd as he handed me the receipt for all the plan tickets he bought.

I’m not even kidding, there were seriously twenty pages filled with our 300+ guests. He smiled at me as I flipped through them one more time.

“You should have just bought a damn plane. I’m sure it would have been cheaper,” I said out of frustration.

Please explain to me why I choose to have the wedding in Australia? I’m still asking myself every night.

“Now why didn’t you tell me that before I bought tickets?” he teased, taking the tab booklet from me. “I did my job. How much more do you have to do?” he smirked as we went into the living room.

“Not very much. We just sent out the invitations. We just have to get our bands… oh and write our vows. Don’t forget that,” I pointed my pen at him for emphasize.

Surprisingly, he agreed to write our own vows. I just had a feeling he would put that off to the very end and then totally forget about it. That’smen Todd.

“I won’t. I promise,” he smiled as he put his arm around me and pulled me close to him, kissing the top of my head in the process.

I believed him…for now. As we were watching something FMX related on TV,shocking I know, the doorbell rang. I looked up at Todd with a smile. He rolled his eyes at me before pushing himself off the couch.

“Well if it isn’t my future in-laws,” Todd exclaimed from the front door.

I’m so amazed how well Todd gets along with my parents. My dad has always been one to not like any of my boyfriends. My mom always told me that she just flat out didn’t like him. I think it was honestly because he came off alittle cocky when they first meet. Once she got to know him more, she softened up to him. But thank the lord both of my parents love Todd. I really don’t know what I would do if they didn’t.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked, a little surprised that they had came.

“I thought we were going to go look for bands with Todd’s parents too?” my dad questioned.

As if on cue, his parents’ vehicle pulled up next to my parents’. I looked at Todd and saw him looking back at me with a look that mirrored mine.

Today?” Todd asked just as his parents made it to the porch.

“I thought we all agreed. Your dad and I are going with Molly and your mom and Gwen are going with you,” my dad went on.

Oh my god, I so forgot. I’ve been so busy getting everything else set upin a completely different country that this had slipped my mind. I wanted to seriously slap myself for forgetting.

“Well, have fun with the fathers,” Todd smiled, trying to fix the situation.

“Yeah. Have fun with the mothers,” I teased, kissing his cheek before slipping my shoes on and walking out the front door.

My dad and Todd’s dad, Frank, soon followed. I hadn’t even thought about what kind of band to get for Todd. All I knew was that I didn’t want to get him just a solid gold or white gold band. It was going to be spiffy.

On the way, the two fathers kept asking what Todd would want. I looked at them dumbfounded. Neither of us has asked each other. We both knew we had to get them. We just kind of assumed that we knew what each other liked. But, truth be told, I had no idea. Todd doesn’t wear jewelry.

You should have seen me in that jewelry store. I’m kind of thankful that Frank was there. He knew Todd just as well as I did,if not more. He gave me so many good opinions as well as my dad. I’m so glad they came with me.

“I love this one,” I said, pointing to a platinum band with a few diamonds in the middle. It just screamed Todd to me.

“I think you found the one,” Frank said as he looked over my shoulder.

I had the jeweler pull it out for me so I could get a better look. I really didn’t have to. This one was the one. Without any other discussion, the ring was mine... well Todd’s. I even had them engrave a little message for him on the inside; something that only he would get.

A smile was plastered on my face the rest of the way home. It never left as I walked in, seeing Todd with the mothers. You could so tell they were gossiping about something. Todd just looked straight ahead at the TV, zoned out.

“How did you guys get done before us?” I asked as I walked over to him and he pulled me onto his lap. I smiled at him as I kissed him quickly.

“I got you down. I know what you like,” he smiled just as big as I did.

“That boy does. We weren’t even in that store for ten minutes and he already had the one picked out for you. Beth or I couldn’t have picked one better,” my mom chimed in, referring to her and Todd’s lovely mother.

“That’s my man,” I said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

The parents stayed for a little while longer, asking us about the wedding that was happening in two weeks. The number one question was if either of us was nervous. Both of us rolled our eyes. I can’t speak for Todd, but I think we both had a few nerves, but nothing major that would ruin the beautiful event. They were also a little skeptical about the whole Australia thing. I blamed Todd for everything. Everyone just laughed at me. But hey, I got a quick kiss from my man.

“You ready for our journey tomorrow?” Todd asked before we got into bed.

“Fourteen hours on a plane. Let me think about that,” I said sarcastically as I rubbed my chindeep in thought.

“You love that country. Just admit it,” he smiled as his arms went around me.

“I do, but…”

“There are no buts. No matter where we have it you’re still going to be Mrs. Potter,” he cooed.

“That has a good ring to it right? Molly Potter?” I tested the name out.

“It does, babe,” he said, kissing me before he laid his head on his pillow and mine his chest.

I slept so well that night. Even though I had to endure that horrendous plane ride, my dreams were filled of our marvelous day. I hate to say this, but I think I was mostly excited to see Bilko and Katie. The two lovebirds jetted off a little less than a month ago. I haven’t really talked to either of them. Todd and I both occasionally got text messages or little tweets from twitter, but other than that pretty silent. I guess the little Aussie does grow on you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it's more like Kylee Potter haha jk. Don't I wish!

Comment?

Katie... Williams???