Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

He’s the Groom

“Why is there a stupid tradition?” Todd whined as I was getting my stuff around to leave for the night.

“Because we’re in Australia and it’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding,” I smiled sweetly as I kissed his cheek.

“But it’s tomorrow,” he kept whimpering.

“But after that you have me forever,” I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and got up on my tiptoes to kiss him.

“Forever’s not long enough,” he said with our lips still pressed together.

I pulled away and stuck my bottom lip out at him. That was so sweet. I actually considered staying, but Katie came into the room.

“Don’t give him that look. You’re not staying here tonight,” she chimed in from her position, leaning against the doorway.

“She ruins everything,” Todd sighed out, but I knew he was kidding.

Katie glared back at him. I smiled as I kissed him one last time and grabbed my bags. Right before I could reach the door, I was pulled back by my arm and pulled into his big smooth lips. At first, a smile was stuck on my face as he kissed me, but I was soon relaxed and he started deepening it.

“Come on. You can’t wait for the honeymoon?” I heard Katie remark from the door.

“You and Bilko can’t wait to get married?” Todd smirked.

She glared at him one last time before disappearing down the hall. I looked back at Todd with a disapproving smile.

“You’re such a dick sometimes,” I said as I started for the door.

“But you still love me,” he said, following me.

“Sadly,” I smirked, shooting him a glance over my shoulder.

He mumbled out something, but I choose not to comment on it. When we made it outside, Katie was standing next to Bilko. Todd was staying at his house tonight and Katie was staying with me in Todd and I's hotel.

“Say good bye to your Sheila,” Bilko said with a cheeky grin.

“I was getting to it,” Todd said childishly.

But it did make me smile. He walked closer to me and pulled me into his arms, whispering sweet little I love yous in the process. I pulled my head back a little and planted a soft kiss on his lips. I didn’t want to leave him. But I was going to seem him again tomorrow… in a suit!

“You two behave. No stripers,” I said, pointing at both of them.

Todd, I wasn’t too worried about. Bilko though… he just has that look in his eyes.

“I promise to keep Todd a good little boy,” he smirked, patting Todd’s back.

Since it was technically Todd’s last night of being single’, they were going to go out with his Mulisha buddies to have a good time. I choose the ‘safer’ approach and just have my friends over at the hotel. I didn’t want to wake up all hung over for my wedding.

“You don’t have to worry about anything, babe. I’ll behave,” he smiled as he hugged me one last time.

“I’m not worried about you. Your friends…” I trailed off.

He nodded his head. He knew what I meant. But I guess, whatever they had planned for him, I had to be ok with. We hugged one last time before I climbed into the car to leave. We waved at each other through the window before pulling away.

“Are you excited?” Katie asked, almost unable to contain her own excitement.

“I’m a little nervous, but I think it’s a good thing,” I replied with a smile.

She went on to ramble about random things. How many energy drinks did Bilko let her have? It was funny though. She was most of the entertainment for the rest of the night… until she crashed. My friends all loved her though.

At about 2:30 AM, I was just getting into bed. Katie had long ago passed out on the couch. My phone rang from the bedside table. I smiled once the ringtone blared throughout the room: Heart Throb by Be Your Own Pet. That song always makes me think of him so much.

“Hey, baby,” I answered happily even though I was so tired.

“Is it bad luck to talk to the bride before the wedding?” Todd teased, sounding as sober as can be. That made me even happier.

“I won’t say that it is.”

“How was you night?” he conversed.

“So much fun. Katie was buzzed out on energy drink the whole night,” I smiled at the thought.

“What a coincidence. Bilko is drunk off his ass right now,” he said, making me want to slap my forehead.

He’s Todd’s best man. He can’t be looking and acting all hung over. If that Aussie ruins my wedding…

“Are you kidding me?” I asked with a sigh.

“Sort of. He’s not that drunk. It’s about normal.”

“I hate you,” I said with my grin still present.

“Now don’t be a crabby bride,” he teased.

“I need to get to bed or I’m going to be an ugly bride.”

“Fine… I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said pouting.

“I love you. Good night,” I pushed out before he could go on to say something else.

He said that he loved me and good night before we said our good byes. That phone call put me at ease. I passed out soon after that. I was in such a deep sleep that I probably would have missed my own wedding if Katie hadn’t been there.

“Molly, get up. It’s nine. You were supposed to be up at eight,” she said in a hurried tone.

My eyes flung open and instantly burned. All of the curtains were open, allowing a lot of sunlight to shine through. I’ve never wanted to smack and thank someone at the same time.

“We’ve got plenty of time. We don’t have to leave here for another hour and a half,” I mumbled out as my eyes started to adjust.

“Well get up. I got stuff for you,” she said excitedly as she disappeared.

I sighed. Katie. She reemerged a few seconds later with two huge shopping bags.

“What the hell is all that?” I asked as I sat up.

“This bag is from Blake and I,” she said holding the first one out to me.

I took it and eyed her before looking in it. A huge smile came across my face as I pulled the first thing out. It was a black tank top that said bride on the front. On the back, it said Mrs. Potter. I laughed. It was so perfect. Going through the rest was pretty much of the same stuff, but in different clothing. Hooodies, sweats, panties. They thought of everything.

“You guys are such dorks. You two belong together,” I smiled as I put everything back, planning to wear it before I had to get changed into my dress in a few hours.

“But this one’s from me. You probably won’t be needing it, but I thought it would spice up the honeymoon,” she smirked as she held the second bag out to me.

I was so afraid to look in it. Spice up the honeymoon? The second I looked down into it, I started laughing again. The bag was filled with sexy lingerie. That girl.

“I’m hoping those sizes are right. I would assume that Todd knows your sizes,” she smiled as I continued to go through everything.

“You asked Todd?”

“Yeah… he helped me pick the stuff out too,” she smirked.

Katie,” I said, throwing a lacy bra at her.

“I’m kidding… I may have shown him though.”

Oh my god. I love this chick though. These gifts just made my morning. We sat around for about two hours. During that time, I changed into my new ‘bridal’ attire. I felt so special. I’m the bride.Bow to me. I gave Katie a little something that I got her too. Surprisingly, the shirt I got her pretty much matched the one she got me. Well, hers said maid of honor and I might have put future Mrs. Bilko on the back.

“Wait till Bilko sees it,” I smiled as we were getting ready to leave.

“He’s not,” she said, trying to sound mad, but yet she had a smile on her face.

As we left the hotel, I resisted my urges to call Todd to make sure everything was running smoothly for him, but no. I have to trust that he’s the groom and has everything under control.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was supposed to be one big chapter, but I decided to split it up. Sorry... The next chapter is the last one and I"m starting it as soon as I post this.

Sequel soon to follow!

comment?

Katie & Molly Pre-wedding