Status: Finished

No More Secrets

21

That afternoon, mom and I had our bags packed. Reg helped us take our bags down to the front door. Deidra was waiting by the stairs. Sam had gone to the hospital saying she fell on her desk after her and her mom’s argument. Charlotte was in her room recovering from the blow I had given her. Deidra said a quick and cold good bye before she went into her office behind the French doors. Mom and I were saying our last good-byes to Nancy and Reg when Charlotte came down from her room. She looked like she had gotten sick after I had punched her. Good I thought bitterly. There was a knock at the door. Reg limped over to open the door, and there stood Richard. He walked in and grabbed both of my hands.

“I’m sorry to hear that you have to leave so soon. I wish we could have seen more of each other. Uh, I hope you have a good trip home”

“Thanks, I guess.” I quickly turned to get my stuff. I didn’t want to be around anyone at the moment. But unfortunately Richard followed me out the door. I was putting my stuff in our trunk when an orange Voltz wagon pulled in the driveway. Oh God. I just wanted to go home and cry in my own bed. Brendon stopped his car halfway down the drive way and got out. He was coming towards me when Richard came over.

“Who is he?” he asked.

“No one he’s no one.’ I answered. Mom helped Reg fit the last of the bags in the car, got in and started it. Brendon was walking fast to our car with his eyes on Richard. I couldn’t talk to him. Not after what I said on the phone. Before I knew what I was doing I threw my arms around Richard and kissed him hard on the lips.

“I’ll talk to you later Richard.” I said loudly.

He stood there stunned. I turned and quickly got in the car.

“Just go.” I said, not looking anywhere besides my feet. Mom pulled away and I could see Brendon in the review mirror looking as if I had hit him in the stomach.

On the way home mom asked if there was anything I wanted to talk about. Everything came out at once. I told her about Charlotte catching me and Sam in our lie, her blackmailing and even the fight in Sam’s room. I told her how I wasn’t thinking when Brendon came back and how I’d probably never see him again. She let me talk for the two hours we had to get home and when we pulled into our parking spot we sat there.

“What a summer.” Mom said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is the last! I'm glad to see people are reading, but thoughs and comments are welcomed <3