You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 17 - Lips Of Deceit.

Image

Zacks Point of View.

I sat at the hotel bar, sipping my beer in a failed attempt to calm my nerves. Charlotte would be here soon, ready to hear why I’d been such a tit these past few days. I was racking my brain for a reasonable excuse or story to get her to forgive me. I can’t lose her, not now. I've only just got her back in my life.

I suppose I could tell her the truth..

Flashback. 3 Days Earlier.

It was our first night in Greece and we decided to hit the clubs. I was currently sat at a booth with Jimmy, Matt, Val, Michelle, Frankie, Jack, Megan and of course Charlotte, everyone else was dotted around the club. I was feeling very drunk at this point, I think everyone was, we had definitely over done it a bit tonight but that’s all in the fun of touring.

“I’m going to dance!” Charlotte suddenly exclaimed drunkenly and grabbed Vals arm, pulling her towards the dance floor. I laughed as I watched them leave, me and Charlotte had got extremely close these last couple of weeks, I can’t remember what life was like without her anymore. Its like she was always meant to be here. I was getting rather sick of the inappropriate comments we were getting from the guys though. They were convinced something more was going on despite me telling them again and again that there wasn’t. I’ve got to admit, there have been moments where I’ve thought about her as more than a friend. My mind always drifts there at some point but I was sure that it was just because we’d been spending so much time together.

I broke out of my trance to glance around the pub to see where she was. My eyes fell on her almost straight away and my heart fell to the pit of my stomach. She was dancing, very closely with another guy. His hands were all over her and it made me feel sick. I had to grip the seat to stop myself going over there and kicking the shit out of his smug face. I saw him whisper something in her ear and she giggled. I was surprised at how horrible I felt because of this. It became blatantly obvious to me at this point that I wanted her. I needed her. Hell, I was pretty sure I still loved her. She was my first love and they do always say the first ones the hardest to get over.

My head was spinning from all the information I’d just realised and my eyes were still glued to their dancing figures. I saw Matt looking at me worriedly from the corner of my eye but I ignored him. Realising the only way to make this better was to drink myself blind, I stumbled up from my seat, tearing my eyes away from Charlotte and shakily walked over to the bar; Ordering a round of shots, that I planned on drinking all to myself. After my 5th or 6th shot.. I’d lost count, I felt someone sit down next to me. My vision was extremely blurred as I turned to look at whoever it was; I was past caring who it was anyway to be honest.

“You’re hot!” The girl giggled in a pitch that actually hurt my ears. “I’m Cindy.” She said. We sat in silence for a few moments until I realised she probably wanted a reply.

“I’m Zack.” I slurred, downing another shot.

“You wanna get out of here?” She purred seductively.

And that’s why the next morning I woke up with a massive hangover, no recollection of anything after seeing Charlotte with that guy and a girl whose name I couldn’t remember glued to my chest. At first I was slightly freaked out, but then it all came back and I have never been so disgusted in myself in my life.

“Morning baby.” Cindy yawned, propping herself up on her elbows and looking over at me.

“Hi.” I replied, rubbing my head. She giggled at my actions.

“Hungover?” Sheasked screeched. Making me claw at my head even more.

“Just a bit.” I replied. She pulled herself up and got out of bed. I cringed when I saw she was stark naked. I think she was trying to be sexy but I’ve never been so turned off in my life. She left the room in search of god knows what and left me feeling like an absolute idiot. All this because I realised I was in love with Charlotte? Surely I did the complete opposite of what I should’ve done? I felt like punching myself in the face, I couldn’t believe how much of an idiot I was. I wanted to drink myself blind not stupid. Oh god, what If Charlotte finds out? She’ll never want to be with me knowing I slept with Cindy.

I sat up trying to think of ways out of the situation. Guys have one night stands all the time, I can just kick her out of my room and never talk to her again and Charlotte will never find out. I felt a small bubble of relief knowing there was a way out of it until she came back in holding two asprin and a glass of water. She handed it to me and I whispered a thankyou. She beamed in response,

“That’s okay, what are girlfriends for ‘ey.” She laughed and I choked on my drink slightly.

Girlfriend? Surely she’s making it up. Please let her be making it up.

Then I felt the horrible wave of dread run through me as the memory came back to me. I asked her to be my girlfriend. I actually asked her to be my girlfriend! The plan I’d formed before was now in tatters and I had no way out of this one.


Present Day.

And that’s why I decided to avoid everyone like the plague, until I could find some way of getting rid of her nicely. I never planned on anyone finding out, especially not Charlotte. And that’s why when she turned up at my room this morning I’d have done anything to hide Cindy from her. I knew how bad it must have looked to her as well, both of us half naked but don’t worry. I wouldn’t make that mistake again. I’d just had a shower and I’m sure Cindy was dressed that way to try and unsuccessfully turn me on again. I have to admit; once Charlotte saw Cindy I’d kind of hoped to get a reaction from her. A sign to say she was jealous, that she might like me too but she was happy for me. She was happy I was with another girl. And that hurt me a hell of a lot.

And now I’m here, having to explain to her why I ignored her for days. Why I kept a girl hidden from her. And as she came over to the bar and sat next to me, I knew I should tell her the truth, that I got jealous, got wasted and ended up sleeping with Cindy and that I’ve never regretted anything more in my life.

“Hey.” She smiled at me. I felt my heart beat a bit faster in my chest as she did.

“Hey.” I replied. I opened my mouth, ready to spill everything to her but she cut me off.

“So, are you going to tell me all about your lovely girlfriend then?” She joked, nudging me playfully. I closed my mouth. I felt a pulse of anger run through my veins. As selfish as it sounds, I wanted her to be upset. I wanted her to be jealous because I wanted a sign that she felt the same. And at the moment she was giving me nothing. And I knew now I was going to make it my mission to make her jealous, to make her want me as much as I want her and that’s why when she asked me this next question..

“So, how did you two meet?” I found myself ignoring everything I’d thought about before and instead I replied;

“Oh we met at the club the other night; we just hit it off straight away to be honest.” The truth didn’t need to be told now. The truth would mean her knowing how I felt about her and I couldn’t handle the rejection. Not from her. So I spun a fake story about me and Cindy and never took my eyes off her as I did.

All along hoping to see just a glimpse of jealousy in her beautiful green eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I should let Zack have his say again (:
He's going to make her jealous aha, which won't be hard obviously but he doesn't know that. (:
I liked writing this chapter (: Its a nice change to write in Zacks POV.
Hope you liked reading it (:
Comments please? Cos ive been good and updated 3 times today!
And subscribe! Comment and subscribe please (:
Thankyou to everyone who already has.
I LOVE YOU ALL! (:
xx