You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 18 - Burn It Down.

Image

The next few days were absolute torture for me.

After the heartbreaking talk with Zack at the hotel bar, where I had to lie my way two hours of him talking about how happy he was and me talking about how happy I was for him, things went from bad to worse. I have to admit though; I’ve never lied so convincingly before now. At one point I almost believed myself.

Zack had introduced Cindy to the rest of the group and every single one of them had been as shocked as I was. Of course they were polite to hers and Zacks faces but the truth came out when they weren’t around. They absolutely hated her. She was rude, she was in love with herself and her voice made us all want to burst into tears. I hadn’t realised before now how much everyone had been rooting for me and Zack to get together either, until now. I of course was putting on the ‘I don’t like him like that’ show for everyone except Leana and she is sworn to secrecy. If he wants to be with Cindy then I’m going to have to just get over him.

Easier said than done.

Today we had a day off and as we were in sunny Greece we were using the hotel pool to our advantage. I woke up late today so everyone was already down at the pool. After getting changed into my bikini I head down to the pool, silently praying Cindy and Zack weren’t going to be there. I don’t think I can handle seeing them all coupley much longer. I sighed as I reached my destination and my prayers hadn’t been answered at all. Everyone was in the pool fooling around and playing chicken. I glanced around, taking note that we seemed to have the pool to ourselves. That’s when I saw her. She was the only one of them that hadn’t gone into the pool. Instead she was lying on a deck chair, obviously trying to get a real tan to replace the fake one she was currently sporting. I grimaced as I took in what she was wearing; a bright yellow thong bikini that looked like it was for a child, since it barely covered anything.

I took my eyes away from her and back to my friends who hadn’t seemed to have noticed I’d joined them yet. I automatically found myself scanning the group for Zack, after looking through them three times and still not finding him, I was confused. I was just about to consider asking Cindy where he was when I felt a pair of arms snake around my bare waist.

“Looking for someone?” He whispered in my ear. I felt my legs go weak and my skin tingle all over from his touch. I tried to reply but the feel of his hot breath on my neck was far too distracting. I heard him laugh quietly; surely he knew the effect he had on me? I pulled myself together and was about to reply when his arms tightened around my waist and I felt myself being lifted off the ground. I immediately started struggling; I knew what was coming as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder with ease.

“Zack, I swear to god if you do not put me down right now I am going to kill you.” I screeched. Everyone defiantly knew I was here now. Zack just laughed and started walking closer to the pool. Since all I could reach was his ass I started spanking him as hard as I could in a desperate attempt to be free, this just made him burst into a fit of hysterics though. This of course then set me off and made my screaming at him almost impossible. I vaguely saw Cindy giving me the worst death glare ever out of the corner of my eye. This just made me laugh even more. From my upside down position I realised we were now at the edge of my pool, dizzy from laughing so much I was actually excited to be upright again.

“Are you ready?” He asked. I rolled my eyes, only Zack would ask someone who he was holding against their will that.

“As I’ll ever be.” He pulled me from over his shoulder and shifted me so he was now holding me bridal style. I looked at him, confused by his actions. He just shrugged slightly, his eyes locking with mine making me glad that I wasn’t standing when the familiar weakening of my legs set in.

“I didn’t trust myself to not smack your head on the side of the pool when I jumped.” He replied in answer to my silent question.

“Gosh doesn’t that make me feel safe.” I said sarcastically before rolling my eyes but before I had any more time to protest he jumped. I held my breath as we broke through the water surface and was engulfed by it. Luckily, it wasn’t anywhere near as cold as I thought it was going to be so I wasn’t too mad at Zack. Still, I resurfaced as Zack did and took this as an opportunity to slap him round the back of the head. He glared playfully at me.

“Oh come on, it had to be done!” He protested as I went to slap him again.

“Still, it doesn’t mean I can’t be mad at you for it.” I snapped back. I wasn’t really angry, but the longer he thought I was the longer he would stay with me. He took a step closer to me and pouted, his beautiful green eyes bore into mine with such intensity that I forgot why I was ever meant to be mad at him.

“Please forgive me?” He smiled cutely and I rolled my eyes.

“Fine, you’re forgiven.” I sighed. He did a little victory dance that made me laugh before hugging me. Cindy had obviously had enough of him touching someone that wasn’t her and ruined the moment with the thing she calls a voice.

“Zacky baby! I think I want to come in the water now, will you help me in?” She whined. Who the hell needed help to get in the water? I wasn’t 100 percent certain but I’m sure I heard him sigh angrily. Either way, he backed away from me and went over to help her. I felt a hand on my shoulder as I glared after him; I knew it was Leana straight away.

“Don’t let her get to you. That’s what she wants.” She whispered so no one else could hear. I nodded in reply, knowing she was right. Me and Leana laughed as we watched Cindy finally get into the water next to Zack. She was standing on her tip toes so she wouldn’t get her hair wet or her face. Val came over to us with an evil smile on her lips.

“Hey guys. What do you say we have some fun?” She asked. Me and Leana looked at each other confused before looking back at her.

“What is your idea of fun?” I asked. She giggled.

“I was thinking sabotage Zack and Cindy time. Well.. Just sabotage Cindy actually.” She replied, Leana nodded childishly, jumping up and down in anticipation to what Val had in mind.

Ten minutes later and we decided since she was so keen on not getting her upper half wet that we would make it our mission to tip her under. We formed a fool proof plan, I would be the distracter whilst Val and Leana the attackers. To start the plan off I swam over to where Zack and Cindy were, plastering on my fake smile once again.

“Hey guys!” I exclaimed, slinging my arm over Zacks shoulder, ignoring the glare I received off Cindy as I did. I saw Val and Leana sneak out the pool and had to force myself to not laugh.

“Wow Cindy! I love how you’ve done your hair.” I lied, taking in the mass of bleach blonde curls. “That must have taken you ages.”

“It did.” She replied, obviously not happy to be talking to me. “That’s why I don’t want anyone wetting my hair.” God I almost burst from holding in the laughter when she said that.

“Well don’t you worry, we’re all nice people. We wouldn’t want to ruin that pretty little face of yours.” I cooed, grabbing her cheek lightly. She looked like she was about to hit me and Zack was looking at me as if I had grown an extra head. He didn’t have to wait long to find out what I was doing though because almost immediately after it happened, Leana and Val jumped into the pool, either side of Cindy, screaming “CANNONBALL!” and pulling her down with them. Zacks mouth dropped at the scene in front of him whilst I was still trying so desperately to not laugh. Leana and Val surfaced first, high fiving as soon as they did. Then Cindy did; her hair now flat and stuck to her head, her excessive make up streaming down her face. She lifted her hands shakily to her hair, feeling how It had been ruined she actually let out an ear piercing scream before storming out the pool and into the hotel without another sound.

There was complete silence for a few moments until surprisingly Zack broke it. Not by shouting though, by laughing. He was in full blown hysterics, which set the rest of us off like a chain reaction.

“That was amazing!” Jimmy exclaimed proudly, kissing a still giggling Leana. There was a murmur of agreement through the group. Well from everyone but Zack, I was quite surprised he wasn’t angry at us. This was the first time any of us had shown our dislike towards her in front of him.

“Are you not going to go after her?” I asked, confused as to why he hadn’t followed. He shrugged slowly,

“Yeah I guess I better should shouldn’t I?” He replied almost reluctantly, before pulling himself out the pool and retreating back into the hotel. The group fell back into silence for a few moments until Val broke it by saying,

“God, lets face it, we’re fucking amazing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This ones just a filler (:
But im extremely excited for the next 2 chapters, trust me, theyre going to be drama filled as usual :)
But yeah anyway, I hope you liked this one :)
Thankyou to everyone whos commenting and subscribing!
And to those who arent..
Comment and subscribe? Please (: aha, it makes me very very happy (:
<3 xx