I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

An Affair to Remember

The boys hit the stage, began to play ‘Skylines’, and the place fucking blew up. Kids rushed the stage, leaving me and Frankie in the dust.

“Aaaahhh! I can’t see!” Frankie complained.

Image

We grabbed some chairs to stand on in the back and watched the first My Chemical Romance show. It was amazing, it was different, it was extremely aggressive, cathartic almost. They played the whole demo, but then Gerard spoke to the crowd.

“Okay, guys, this is our last song, and it goes out to a new friend. But they don’t know how important they really are. To me, at least. It’s called Demolition Lovers. Here it goes.”

Gerard looked up at me and smiled. Even with his hair drenched in sweat and falling in his eyes, he looked good. Good enough to eat. I looked at Frankie and scratched my head. All he could do was raise his eyebrows and smile. They started to play a slower song. It was beautiful, but I couldn’t believe it was written for me. In the middle of the song there’s an instumental break. During that Gerard began motioning wildly for me to come to the front of the stage. I made it to the front just in time for him to start singing again.

“As lead rains, will pass on through our phantoms
Forever, forever
Like scarecrows that fuel this flame we're burning
Forever, and ever
Know how much I want to show you you're the only one...,”

He was looking right at me. He reached for my hand and I grabbed his.

“...I'll meet your eyes, I mean this forever.”

Image
I was stunned stiff. I just wanted everyone to leave and for him to sing to me over and over and over. He stood up and walked offstage with the rest of the band.

“Well, aren’t you a little muse?” Frankie said out of no where.

I nodded my head deafly, “We have to get backstage! That was freakin’ great.” I said like I couldn’t hear him.

We found the guys being fondly met by the other ‘Prep’ boys. Many ‘awesomes’ were thrown out and many meek ‘thank yous’ were returned.

Gerard met my gaze from looking up from the floor. We stared at each other for a second until Frankie noticed.

“I have to buy you guys a drink.” Frankie offered to the guys in order to give me and Gerard a moment to ourselves.

We walked out side and sat on a tall brick wall. I pulled out a cigarette and offered him one. He lit mine and I lit his. Then I broke the silence.

“Thank you.”

“No, I have to thank you.”

He leaned over to me and left a soft kiss on my lips. Then we both stood up and kissed again. I dropped my cigarette as he led me back to sit on the brick wall again. As the kiss deepened I wrapped my legs around him. He put his hands around my waist, but they soon found their way to my neck. I slid my fingers into his belt loops to pull him closer but he tripped a little causing us both to let out a quick giggle. With his hands on my cheeks he looked me in the eyes before he started kissing my neck. I bit his left thumb that lingered by my mouth. The kiss slowed and stopped with our foreheads touching and both of us panting and creating large billows of steam in the cold night air. We just kind of stared at each other before he helped me down to the ground and grabbed my hand to enter the hall again.

Image
Image

“I just want to go to your house, Gerard,” I whispered to him after seeing the others guys, “I have the rest of the week off.”

“Don’t worry, babe, it’ll be good, we’ll be good.”

I nuzzled my head into his shoulder before I broke away from his hand and ran up to Frankie.

“Let’s blow this joint!” I recommended to Frankie and the boys.

“Sounds good to ME!” someone shouted.

"I am fucking DRUNK!" another voiced declared.

We all left together, but they headed over to Frankie’s house and me and Gerard slipped away to his house.