I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

It's a Dead Man's Party...

Frankie started to giggle and I hit hit him hard, causing him to fall over, because I wanted to hear what Gerard was going to say.

“I was this close to just ending it all. Just fucking blowing my brains out. Like, I’m in art school, right? And, I get a job for the Cartoon Network, and I sit and draw this damn monkey, for these corporate lemmings, and they tell me what to do and when and for who. I’m not helping anyone! I’m not helping myself. I’m killing myself! And then fucking September 11th happens and, shit, that was the breaking point. I had lost the desire to live in this fucked up world. But, then I met you, and new that dreams do come true, wow, that sounds stupid, and I got the band together. And now, I have the whole world in my grasp!” He pointed to his palm.

Frankie sat up and had a stupefied look on his face.

“Fuck, dude, that was deep,” Frank looked over to me, and I looked at him, “I think I love him, too. Who’s turn is it next?”

I smiled and grabbed Gerard’s hand and kissed it, then I bit his index finger, which made him smile.

“Ya know, I love you, but, you make my head hurt.” I told Gerard.

“Well, I don’t know about you, but I need some more drinks. I don’t want to remember this tomorrow.” Gerard changed the subject, standing up and heading for the kitchen.

“Wait for me!” I cried, skipping after him, Frank close behind.

I perched myself on the kitchen counter next to Gerard pouring alcohol into three glasses. Frankie came and stood on the other side of me. I leaned my head into Gerard’s chest.

“But, baby... I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.” I whispered to him, “What monkey?”

“Here.” He put a glass to my lips and I took it.

“And there’s one for you.” He handed Frankie a glass.

“Thanks.” Frank extended, then he pulled Gerard’s face close to his and gave him a casual peck on the lips.

“Frank! What did I tell you!”

“What?!”

I glared at him and crossed my arms.

“What did I do?! You didn’t mind, did you?” Frank looked over to Gerard, who looked unaffected, sipping his drink.

“Nah, but you don’t, like, swing that way do you?” Gerard made sure.

“No, man. But, don’t you think it proves your straight-ness to kiss another guy?”

“I guess that makes sense.”

Gerard leaned into another casual peck.

“See?” Frank pointed out.

“Okay... this is WAY too weird. I’m out. I hope I’m still your girlfriend when you’re done Gerard.”

I slipped off the counter and stumbled up the stairs to Frank’s room.

“Babe, wait!”

“Yeah! You didn’t finish your drink.” Frankie added.

I made it to Frank’s room and fell on to the bed. Gerard crawled over me.

“Are you tired already?”

“Yes. And I’m going to sleep, right here.”

“Okay, then, me too.” Gerard said laying next to me.
Image
“Me three.” Frankie added laying down on the other side of me, his back facing me, but then he shifted to tell us, “Hey, just don’t, like, have sex or anything, okay?”

“Deal.” I promised and Gerard nodded.