I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

The Chemical Between Us.

After showering, I had the difficult task of picking an outfit. I eventually decided on a white top with a v-neck and buttons with denim shorts and a pair of black knee high fuck-me boots. The boots hadn’t seen the light of day in almost a year because whenever I wore them, Frank would get frisky and we would misbehave And that wouldn’t be appropriate anymore, us being in monogamous relationships and all.

The girls arrived at about eight fifteen and then we all hopped into my car.

“Okay, chicas. Where are we going?” I asked the very gorgeous company.

“Isn’t that obvious?” Nat implied.

I gave Natalie a questioning look.

Katmandu! Of course!”

I rolled my eyes and smiled, “Of course!

“This is gonna be... interesting.” Sid carefully chose her words.

“It better, I wanna get wasted before Frank comes back. Multiple times.” Jamia said.

“What? Why?” I wondered.

“Because, it’s fucking embarrassing to get drunk in front of your boyfriend. And plus he’d make fun of me afterwards.”

“True that. And during.” I reminded.

The girls laughed as I sped away in the direction of Katmandu.

We arrived. We danced. We laughed. We drank. We laughed some more. Then, when we all had met our limit, we crashed back at my place.

All of us were jammed into my bed, clothes half off. I woke up and Nat’s hand was in my face, Sid’s knee was in my side and Jamia's face was half an inch from mine. I felt like I was in a fog while I carefully placed limbs back where they belonged. I began coughing and the three of them woke up.

“Uuuuhhhh! My head.... Fuck, that was fun.” Jamia said.

We giggled weakly.

“How did we get home? I can’t remember anything after they played ‘Hot In Herre’,” Natalie croaked.

“ ‘So hot in... so hot in herrrre!’ ” I, badly, sang.

“It’s funny, ‘cuz it’s true. Get your damn leg out of my crotch Natalie!” Sid groaned, throwing the blanket off of her.

“Wha-... oh, sorry...” Natalie apologized, absentmindedly.

“I guess we should get up, huh?” I suggested.

“Well, you guessed wrong.”

“Oh, good.”

“Shut up! I was having a dream about Frank.” Jamia shushed us.

It was quiet for a moment while we thought about our respective boys.

“You too, huh?” Natalie joked.

“Hey, shut up!” Jamia pushed Natalie, almost off the bed.

We giggled like young girls until we all fell back asleep. The next time we got up, it was lunch and we practically ran, no... more like quickly hobbled, out the door to Starbucks.

I was wearing a pair of Gerard’s boxers and a Rutgers sweatshirt with Ray Ban Wayfarers. Nat was in sweats and a wife beater, her blonde hair in a messy bun on top of her head. Jamia hadn’t taken off her skinny jeans since last night and had on my/Frankie’s Circle Jerks shirt I loaned her. Sid was in braids and her square glasses, shorts and a cardigan.

Yes, we were a motley crew.

Gerard always said, “We like to blend in wherever we go, but you girls like to make a scene.”

It was true, and this was no different.

We flew in the door laughing at our own inside jokes that made us look retarded. Some skaters were outside, and followed us inside.

Jamia ordered for all of us, while we took a seat outside. The three boys came up to us and pulled up chairs to our table. Sid and I rolled out eyes at each other, but Natalie didn’t seem to mind.

“Good afternoon, ladies,” The kid wearing aviators said.

“Good morning for us, boys.” I said.

“Late night last night, huh?” One with a baseball cap with a neon green trick bike that hurt my eyes, even with sunglasses on, implied.

“Yep, we were up way past your bed time.” Sid taunted.

“Hey, we’re of age.” Sunglasses-boy told us.

“Aww, but, that takes all the fun out of it.” I tilted my head and smirked.

The kid with the trick bike laughed at how hard his friend was trying and at how badly I was messing with him. I smiled back at him, not hating him as much. I hadn’t really realized the other guy, but Nat had. She was smiling her flirty smile that made dimples form at the sides of her mouth.

“You girls feel up to another good time?”

Feel up to it? Damn, we’re not that old.” I said to Sido, making her laugh.

“Maybe you are.” She said.

“Hey!”

“Well, it’s my band’s record release party tonight.”

I inhaled through clenched teeth, “Oooo, sounds tempting but, I’ve got work-”

“Sounds fun. When?” Nat interrupted me and not taking her eyes off the guy.

“Eight thirty at Mama’s Tattoo.”

“Can we bring our boyfriends?” Sid asked, innocently, hoping for a fun response.

The dude with the bike choked on his coffee and laughed looking at the kid in the shades.

“Ye-yeah, sure. That’s totally, totally cool.”

“She’s just messing with you,” His eyes lit up, “They’re out of town for the next week.” I smiled watching them fade again.

Stupid boys.

“So, what’s your band’s name?” Natalie asked.

“What are your names?” I asked, more importantly.

“I’m-”

“Dude, Kat, c’mere.” Jamia called to me and waved her hand while she looked down at her cell phone.

“Kat, huh?” Sunglasses-boy repeated in a sleazy way.

“Huh-huh,” I stupidly laughed and pulled my hair into a ponytail, hoping he would get a glimpse of Gerard’s bite mark. I walked through the doors, “What’s up?”

“Nothing, I just thought I’d save you from the dumbasses outside. And I wanted you to help me with the drinks.”

“Oh, cool. Thanks. We need to think of a good reason to leave. They’re trying to invite us to some party.”

“Okay, what should we say?”

“Um.... Oh, I know, I’ll call Buddy and tell him to call and say something bad happened.”

“Good idea.”

I grabbed Jamia’s cell phone and dialed Buddy.

“Hello?” Buddy answered.

“Hey Buddy, it’s me.”

“Oh, hey, girl! You’ll never guess what happened-”

“I’m really sorry but, we’re in a situation right now. Can you call this number back in like, two minutes and tell me something bad happened.” I requested.

“Oooh, I get it. Is some dude trying to pick you up right now?”

“Exactly. So, two minutes okay?”

“Dude, Buddy, who are you talking to?” I heard Frank ask from, what I think was, in the van.

“Katmandu, the one and only.” Buddy said matter of factly.

“Aahhh! Frankie I LOVE you!” I yelled, trying to be heard by him.

“Frankie? I wanna talk to him.” Jamia pouted.

“After.” I promised her.

“I wanna talk to her!” Frankie yelled back.

“Buddy just call me back okay? Two minutes.”

Jamia and I walked back outside with the four drinks and sat down at the table.

“Finally.” Sid complained, looking at us.

I mouthed the word ‘sorry’ before I shoved the green straw to my lips. Natalie was talking and we just listened, while Jamia and I impatiently awaited Buddy’s call.

Her cell began to vibrate and I quickly snatched it up.

“Yesss?” I answered.

“Hey, baby, it’s me,” Gerard was on the phone, “You know what?”

“What?” I asked with ‘concern’.

“SOMETHING REALLY BAD HAPPENED!!”

“What? Okay, okay, slow down,” I feigned standing up and pacing, “Tell me what happened.”

“Um....” He searched for a good response, “Mikey ate all the cookies! Then he dropped the cookie jar! And I had to clean it up!” Gerard excitedly lied.

“Oh my God. You-you’re not serious! Fuck. Okay I’m on my way.” I clicked the phone off and looked back to the crowd staring at me, “Mikey’s electrocuted himself and now he’s in the hospital. I told Gerard I’d go right now.”

“Oh my God! We should ALL go, don’t you think?” Jamia stood up as well.

Sid furiously nodded her head in agreement and stood up, too.

Nat just sort of frowned in a knowing way, but quickly punched in her phone number to one of the guys cell phone before chasing after us.

We got in the car and erupted in laughter.

“Very nicely done Mrs. Way.” Sid credited me.

“Oh, you’re too kind, Mrs. Way.” I affectionately thanked her.

“Fuck you guys. They were nice.”

“Nice to a single, desperate girl.” Jamia poked fun.

“Fuck you, slut.” Nat spat.

“You know? I’m always secretly complimented when people call me a slut, because I used to be fat.” I told Sid, who was now in the front seat.

We giggled and headed into Tick Tock to finish our drinks and call our respective significant others.