Status: finished

Nothing You Confess, Could Make Me Love You Less

A Place In This World

Jake and I spent the day at Sam’s and learned more about the werewolves what they did.

“So you’ll be running around at night protecting everyone?” I asked Jacob while sitting on his lap. Everyone was crowded in the living room and the only open space was him. He nodded and I suddenly got nervous. All these guys were Jake’s best friends. I gently rubbed my wrist, but Jake stopped me.

He held my wrist up and kissed it softly keeping our eyes locked on each other.

“You have nothing to be worried about here.” He whispered in my ear. I smiled and kissed his each and turned back to the group of rowdy boys. I caught Leah staring at me and she looked away.

“She was in love with Sam when he imprinted on Emily. Ever since, she’s been rude and pushes other people away.” He said quietly. I slowly got up off him and walked over to where Leah was sitting on the floor next to the couch. I sat down next to her and noticed most of the guys were looking.

“Hey Leah,” I said with a small smile. She glanced at me before ignoring me completely.

“Is there a piano anywhere here?” I asked.

“Uh yeah. Emily has one; it’s in the formal living room, but we rarely use it.” Sam said. I grabbed Leah to her feet and dragged her into the formal living room. All the guys were curious and followed us. I made her sit down on the cushioned bench and I sat down next to her.

“Leah, you don’t have to act touch all the time,” I whispered to her. She stiffened and glared at the wall in front of us, but stayed seated next to me.

I played the first few notes of A Place In This World by Taylor Swift and starting singing softly along.

I don’t know what I want, So don’t ask me, cause I’m still trying to figure it out.
Don't know what's down this road,
I’m just walking.
Trying to see through the rain coming down.
Even though I’m not the only one,
that feels the way i do.

I’m alone, on my own, and that's all i know.
I'll be strong, I’ll be wrong,
Oh, but life goes on.
Oh, I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.

Got the radio on, my old blue jeans,
And I’m wearing my heart on my sleeve. Feeling lucky today, got the sunshine.
Can you tell me what more do i need?
And tomorrow's just a mystery, oh yeah,
but that's okay.

I’m alone, on my own, and that's all i know.
I'll be strong, I’ll be wrong,
Oh, but life goes on.
Oh, I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.

Maybe I’m just a girl on a mission,
but I’m ready to fly.

I’m alone, on my own, and that's all i know.
Oh, I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong.
Oh, but life goes on.
Oh, I’m alone, on my own,
and that's all i know.
Oh, I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.

Oh, I’m just a girl.
Oh, I’m just a girl.
Oh, oh.
Oh, I’m just a girl.


“Is that how you feel?” I whispered so only she could hear me. She softly nodded her head and subtly wiped her eyes still trying to be tough in front of the guys. I pulled her into a hug.

“Leah, just know I’m here for you, ‘Kay?” she nodded and gave me a small smile. We let go and stood up, once she was composed of course.

“You sing too?” Jacob asked me taking my hand in his.

“A little I guess. I like playing the piano better.” There was a dull throb of pain in my wrist, but that was normal after I play an entire song. My wrist will never be fully healed. Leah sat next to me and Jacob on the couch and she was a little more open now. We bonded fairly quickly. I also got along with Emily really well too. Everyone was nice to me and welcomed me with open arms. I really had nothing to worry about.

“I’m going to take Emma home now. We all have school tomorrow.” He explained. We said goodbye to everyone and I hugged Emily and Leah. Then Jake and I ran back to his house. Billy was there when we got back and he was watching some old game show on one of the few channels that weren’t fuzzy because of the weather.

“I’m taking Emma home and I’ll be back in a few,” Billy nodded and waved us off with his hand, but he was smiling.

“C’mon,” we went into the garage and got into his rabbit. I snuggled into his sweatshirt and made myself comfortable. Jake backed out and started to drive to my house.

“How did you like the gang?” he asked turning the wind shield wipers on the fastest speed.

“I like them; they’re all really nice.”

“You’re the nice one. No one has tried to make Leah open up since her and Sam.” I smiled and held his hand as he drove. He pulled into my driveway and leaned closer to me. I wanted to kiss him just as much as he wanted to kiss me.

I closed the gap between us and crashed my lips onto his. His hands held my sides and my hands were in his hair. I remember him telling me he like me pulling on it :P

His tongue probed at my lips, but I was becoming breathless so I pulled away slowly. Our foreheads rested against each others.

“God, I’m falling so fast and hard for you,” he said; I could feel his breath tickle my lips. I smiled and pecked him once more before pulling away completely and grabbing my back pack from the backseat. I was about to get out, but remembered I was still in his sweatshirt. I went to take it off, but he stopped me.

“Keep it tonight. I’ll just come get you tomorrow and get it then. Good night Emma.”

“Good night Jake,” I said with a small blush. I got out and ran inside so I didn’t get too wet. I watched Jake leave and sighed going into the living room. I set my bag down and saw Nick sitting on the couch in a daze.

“What’s up with you?” I asked partially knowing already. He snapped out of it and gave me a dreamy smile.

“I think I’m in love,”

“Drama King,” I laughed and went up to our bedroom. Hopefully my mom will get her own house and then Nick and I can have our own rooms. I love him and all, but I do want my privacy. I showered and changed. The moon was high in the sky and the stars were shadowed by the heavy rain. The week is almost over and that means the rain will let up this weekend.

I smiled and looked out into my backyard. There stood a familiar wolf; russet fur and everything. He was soaked and staring up at me. I waved and blew him a kiss. He wagged his tail before disappearing back into the endless trees. I giggled and crawled into bed for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
More romance on the way(: