Status: finished

Nothing You Confess, Could Make Me Love You Less

Just Let It All Out

I didn’t even take a bathroom break on my long drive back to California. All I wanted to do was get to my Dad’s place and feel better. Even though my parents are divorced, I still love my dad.

I pulled onto the familiar street and into the driveway of my old house. I grabbed my suitcase and quickly wiped my eyes of all tears before ringing the doorbell.

“Hello,” a woman answered the door. She looked me up and down and saw my suitcase. It seemed like something clicked in her head.

“Jonathon, there’s a girl at the door,” she called into the house not taking her eyes off of me. A few moments later, I saw my dad come into view. All the strength I had built up crashed and I broke into tears again once he was standing in front of me.

“Emma!” he pulled me into a hug and I clutched onto him as tightly as I could. He grabbed my bag and pulled me inside with him.

“Emma, what are you doing here? Why are you crying?” he asked trying to calm me down at the same time. I shook my head and hugged him again. All Dads hate to see their daughters cry.

“I don’t want to be in Forks anymore. I can't stand it,” I sobbed. My dad rubbed my back softly.

“It’s okay baby girl. You’re alright here. Just let it all out,” I’m really sad my parents didn’t work out. My dad is actually a really nice guy, but my mom and him just had very different opinions about things; one of them being Nick’s sexuality.

“Does your mom know that you came here?” he asked. I nodded. The woman that answered the door took my suitcase into my old room.

“Do you want to tell me what happened?” he asked softly.

“I caught my boyfriend cheating on me and I wanted to get out of there. You were the first person I thought of running to. You said you would beat up any guy that hurt me,” I whispered. My dad chuckled and smiled.

“If I ever do see this boy, he will end up being badly bruised,” he told me. I smiled at little, but in the back of my mind, I didn’t want Jake to get hurt.

“Let’s go to your room,” my dad walked with me into my room and sat down on my bed. Nothing really changed in here. All the things I left behind were still in place.

“Who was that woman?” I asked.

“That’s my girlfriend, Nora. She’s living here with her son,” he said somewhat shyly.

“Are you okay with that?”

“Yeah, it’s great that you’re moving on. I just wish that Mom would try to date again. It would do her some good,” My dad kissed my forehead.

“Why don’t you take a shower and relax. We can talk more later if you want,” he got up to leave, but I stopped him.

“It’s okay if I stay for a while, right?” I asked. My dad laughed.

“Why wouldn’t it be? You are my little girl after all,” I smiled and did as he told and took a shower. My body relaxed under the water and I felt much better. I got out and let my hair dry wavy. I changed into a pair of track sweats and a white camisole.

I walked back downstairs and into the kitchen where my dad and Nora were. It looked like they were talking about something.

“Daddy,” he looked at me and smiled.

“Hey Sweetie, feel better?” I nodded.

“Yeah, thanks,” I turned to Nora. She looked rather uncomfortable with me here, but I smiled a small smile at her.

“Thank you for making my dad happy, Nora. It’s very nice to meet you,” I said. She looked surprised but nonetheless smiled back at me.

“It’s nice to meet you too. It’s great to finally meet one of his daughters,” she said. She looked more relaxed now and that made me happy.

“How’s Nick?” my dad asked suddenly. I was hesitant. Dad never really liked that Nick was bisexual and they fought a lot because of it.

“He’s actually great and he loves Forks. He has a boyfriend now named Embry and they are perfect for each other. Nick has never been happier,” I said waiting to see his reaction, but all he did was smile.

“I’m happy for him. Once you guys both left with your mom, I realized how much I took you both for granted. I regretted all those times Nick and I fought because of his past relationships. When you talk to him again, will you tell him I miss him and that I'm sorry?” My dad asked.

“Sure, I bet he misses you too,” I smiled, but was soon distracted by the pain in my chest. I sat down, but it felt like my heart was being ripped in two. Then I remembered what Sam said about being able to feel your imprint’s pain. Jacob must be hurting.

Maybe I should go back. No. He was the one who cheated on me. If he wants me so bad he should come find me, or better yet, he shouldn’t have kissed Bella in the first place.

“Em, you okay?” my dad asked, pulling me out of my daze.

“Yeah, sorry. There’s just a lot on my mind right now,” I mumbled. I heard the front door open and close and soon there was another person in the kitchen.

“I’m home,” he said.

“Oh Jesse, this is Jonathon’s daughter, Emma. She’s 18 like you,” Nora introduced us. My eyes met Jesse’s and I forced a small smile. He looked like the typical skater. Black hair, lip ring, shagging pants, and a tight v-neck shirt.

“Nice to meet you,” I said. He nodded his head and left the room.

“Don’t worry about him too much. He’s not very open with people he just meets,” Nora explained.

“Yeah, it took me a few weeks to get him to even say good morning to me,” my dad chuckled. I excused myself and went back into my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry, things will get better(:
And there will be more of Jesse later too.