Status: finished

Nothing You Confess, Could Make Me Love You Less

I'll Stand By You

Jesse and I went back into my room and he kept staring at my wrist in question.

“What happened to it?” he asked after a few minutes of silence. I just shook my head. It was different with Jacob. I felt like I could tell him anything the minute I met him, but Jesse isn’t the same. I don’t feel the need to spill my life story to him.

“I don’t want to talk about it right now,” I whispered. He held up his hands and said okay.

“Dinner should be ready soon and then I guess I’m going to bed. Come talk to me if you need to,” he said on his way out.

I fell back onto my bed and sighed, feeling defeated. Turning onto my side, I thought about Jacob. I wonder what he’s doing right now. Does he miss me? Did he give up and try to get Bella back?

I rubbed my face harshly and jumped off of my bed and went into my closet. All my old CDs were still here, filed away in giant boxes. I grabbed one off the top and stuck it into my stereo.

A sad smile crawled into my face when Gina Glocksen’s cover of I’ll Stand By You started to softly play from my speakers. This was the perfect example of how I felt about Jacob.

Oh, why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
'cause I've seen the dark side too

When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you

So if you're mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
Well I'm a lot like you

When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
'cause even if you're wrong
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you

And when...
When the night falls on you, baby
You're feeling all alone
You won't be on your own
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you


I laid down on my bed and felt the first tear fall.

~*~

Jacob sat on Emma’s bed, depressed and confused. How could he mess up so bad? The pain in his heart increased so he knew Emma was in pain right now too. It made him want to beat himself up.

Nick walked into the room with a sad expression on his face. Jake had explained everything that happened to him and Nick forgave him because he knew it was a misunderstanding.

“I tried to call her, but it seems like she turned her phone off again or she’s away from it,” he said sitting down on the bed too. Jacob groaned and held his face in his hands.

“What do I do?” he grumbled. Nick bit his lip and came up with an idea.

“Why don’t you drive to California. I’ll go with you too so I can see my dad again,” he suggested. Jacob jumped off the bed in a rush.

“That’s a great idea. Hurry up and pack! We’re leaving as soon as your done!” he exclaimed. Nick raised his eyebrows and looked at the clock. It was nearing 11 at night. Was Jake really willing to drive all night?!

“What are you waiting for you?! Hurry up! If I’m away from Emma for any longer, then I think I’m going to die!” Nick ran into his room and started packing his bag. For the first time since Emma left, a small smile appeared on Jacob’s face.

Just the thought of being able to see Emma’s face again made his heart flutter with anticipation.

Jacob got into his car and waited for Nick to come out. Nick was explaining to his mom what was going on and how they were going to go bring Emma back home. She was more than willing to let them go. She missed Emma just as much as everyone else has.

Nick threw his bag into the trunk of the rabbit and got into the passenger seat next to Jacob. Jake turned on the rabbit and put it into drive.

“I’m coming for you, Emma,” he whispered with that small smile still on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was more of a filler chapter and it was kinda short(:
Leave a comment anyway!

The song in this chapter is where I got the title of this story from. It's a great song and you should listen to it(: