Status: finished

Nothing You Confess, Could Make Me Love You Less

It's Not Like I'll Miss You Or Anything

At 8 the next morning, Jake and I woke up and starting packing my bag again. He was going to drive me home and Nick was going to come home a little later in our car.

We walked downstairs at around 9 and saw everyone was up and eating breakfast. Nora smiled and gave each of us a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast.

“How did you two sleep?” she asked. My father looked up from his coffee and newspaper to hear our reply.

“Very good. I wish my bed was as soft as that one,” Jake said with a goofy grin plastered on his lips. My dad chuckled and shook his head. At least he was warming up to Jacob.

“That’s good. What’s the plan for today then?” she asked joining us at the table. Nick and Jesse were wolfing their food down, but Jacob surprisingly wasn’t.

“I’m actually planning on going back to Forks this morning with Jake. I already missed school and I don’t want to get any further behind,” I said softly. Nora smiled at me and nodded.

“That’s very responsible of you. I’m glad you could come down here though and meet Jesse and me,”

“It was really nice to meet you guys. I’m glad my dad is with you,” Nora blushed a little bit and my dad choked on his coffee. They’re so cute. Speaking of parents, I wonder how my mom is doing with both of her kids running off to California.

“When are you guys leaving?” Nick asked. Jacob finally started to eat.

“In like an hour or so,” I said biting into my toast.

“Okay, I’ll leave a few hours after you guys. I still need to get to know Jesse and Nora before I go back to Forks,” he smiled. Jesse was quiet and had slowed down his pace of eating.

After everyone was done, I helped Nora wash the dishes. Jacob was with Nick and they were loading my bag into the rabbit.

“Why was Jesse so quiet during breakfast?” I asked.

“Well, he’s not good with new people so he probably felt weird around Jacob and Nick. And he’s probably going to miss you once you leave,” she said softly. I didn’t even think how Jesse would feel if I just left.

“I’m going to go talk to him,” I said once we finished. Nora shooed me on and I laughed, going to Jesse’s room. I knocked twice and heard a muffled come in. I opened the door and saw Jesse laying down on his bed with his headphones on.

“Can we talk?” I asked closing the door. He nodded and turned off his iTouch. I sat down next to him and looked down at my hands.

“What’s up?” he smirked at me. I wanted to smile back but I felt a sense of guilt flush through me.

“I don’t want to leave you here,” Jesse’s expression looked more vulnerable than confident.

“Don’t worry. It’s not like I’ll miss you or anything,” he grumbled. I smiled and smacked his arm because of his sarcasm.

“I’m not leaving forever and you can come visit me in Forks, or I can visit you here.” I said trying to figure out how we can keep in touch and still be friends. Jesse was a good friend.

“Me going to small rainy Forks? No thank you! You’ll just have to come back here so see me," he grinned.

“I can do that. Here, give me your cell phone number and we can keep in touch,” I took out my phone and added his number and then gave him mine. There was a knocking on the door and Jake came in.

“You ready to go? The car’s packed and running,” he said. I nodded and stood up with Jesse.

“I’ll talk to you soon,” I said hugging him. He hugged me back and said goodbye. I said bye to Dad and Nora too. Nick was already trying to talk to Jesse, but it looked more like he was trying to torture him instead.

“No bullying Jesse, Nikkipoo!” I yelled as we walked out the door. He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

“Let’s go home,” Jacob said as we got into the car. I buckled up and Jacob starting the long drive back home.

“We need to see my mom first and then you need to go see the pack. Nick said you guys left without telling anyone but my mom,” Jake chuckled and ran a hand through his hair.

“Yeah, I should probably call Sam or something and tell him we’re on our way home,” he called Sam and I could hear yelling in the background which only caused me to laugh.

“Sorry sorry sorry sorry! I’ll make it up to you, but I finally got Emma back and we’re on our way home now. We’ll be there in like 4 hours I guess.” He said. After he hung up with Sam, he turned on the radio and kept the volume on low.

“Stupid Alpha thinks he can boss me around,” Jake grumbled. I leaned over and quickly kissed his cheek. He swerved a little and glanced at me.

“Hey, no messing with the driver while the drive is driving!” he said sounding frazzled. We had a fun time in the car, blasting music, stopping at random gas stations and filling up on junk food… It was like a mini road trip back to Forks.

We got back home at around 2 in the afternoon because we left early in the morning. Jacob got my bag out of the trunk while I ran to the front door. I found my mom in the kitchen and she almost dropped a pan when she saw me.

“EMMA!” she squished me in a bear hug and knocked the breath out of me.

“I missed you so much! Never leave like that again or I’ll have to put on under house arrest!” she cried. I smiled and hugged her back. Jake walked in with my suitcase and stood timidly in the doorway. My mom let go of me and glanced at him.

“Where’s your brother?”

“He’s coming back a little later.” My mom kept glancing from me and Jacob unknowingly.

“We’re fine mom. I overreacted and it was just a big misunderstanding,” I told her. She gave me a small smile and faced Jacob.

“Well if she can forgive you then so can I. I actually missed having you two around here. It got lonely without you two flirting up a storm…” she mumbled. I flushed red and fake groaned.

“Welcome home,” I mumbled with a small smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think.(: This story will end sometime in the 20's. Not sure when though.

I have a jimmy Sullivan one shot out so go check it out and tell me what you think(: <3 (r.i.p.)